Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dynasty Warriors Online

just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

First I heard of it just a few minutes ago, doesn't seem to be any mention of it on here either, but it definatly exists already, they even seem to be starting a beta in the UK.

http://g4tv.com/videos/48031/The-MMO-Report-Thursday-August-12th/

(this is where I seen it first, had a brief mention with actual gameplay footage) 

http://koeiwarriors.co.uk/

(offical site apparently)

Now.. This series has been done to death on the consoles, to the point of being incredibly stale and repetitive, but as an mmo it is actually bringing some new concepts to the genre, and I think it might actually be fun for the first time in years, could be the best move this series has ever made since it's starting point.

Comments

• ForcanForcan Member UncommonPosts: 700

It really depends...

I played the Chinese version (which was out like sometimes last year) for a while.

It's fun like the console counterpart where you gets to kill lots minions and feeling like a powerful warrior, BUT the grind is pretty bad.  The gameplay is essentially the exactly as the console goes, and in that you can do group scenario (like the co-op in console).  4 vs 4 scenario is one, and there's one where you can do 4 man group in large city battle.

So cities are like in-game hubs, while you get to instance for battle.

You have to grind up in rank (like the highest is General or something, I forgot since I stopped like long ago), and this enbles you to use higher rank weapon.

Overall, not a bad game, and feels ok, but if you hate the idea of doing the battles over and over to get higher rank and weapon/items, then it gets old fast.

Current MMO: FFXIV:ARR

Past MMO: Way too many (P2P and F2P)

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Good to hear from someone how has played it already :D

Ahh.. but I was kind of hoping for an open world, guess it makes sense to be hub and instance orientated. That has lowered my interest some, and if what you've said is true (not doubting you), then this doesn't sound like it'll be as much of a different experience than the console versions, like I was thinking it might be.. and my god I don't think I could withstand playing another one of those same games ever again lol.

Oh well, if access to my region ever pops up i'll still likely give it a shot.

• iamspamicusiamspamicus Member UncommonPosts: 114

I read about this on Koeiwarriors a few days ago, was crazy excited since I've been praying for it to get released here for a long time. Then I read that aeria games are going to host it, and  I'm not even going to bother trying it now. 

I guess I'm back to playing DW6:E  for my fix.