Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

play as Taliban against US troops

Comments

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Originally posted by Cecropia

Originally posted by SgtFrog

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

Originally posted by Grimzay

Will americans get butt hurt like some are about Homefront?

My question is will Muslims get butthurt when people playing Taliban stand there and suicide bomb themselves in the middle of other Taliban.

No, I am Muslim ((not s very religious one)) and I hate the Taliban...i think they all need to be shot dead..they are all a bunch of crazy,

((so sorry ot))

I first caught wind of the Taliban when they decided to destroy the Bamiyan Twin Buddhas in Afghanistan. Merely being shot dead would be being kind to these wastes of flesh.

Good on ya for representing with class.

Wait what?

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• GrimzayGrimzay Member Posts: 214

Wtf?

Problems only arise if America is losing/lost.

Youtube the Homefront backstory trailer and see how nuts Americans are going in the comments simply because in the storyline America got the shit fucked outta them by Koreans. (though they are probably gonna kick back with their resistance force and get back on top because they are (always?) the good guys.)

It's always fine for the Russians and others to be bantered and trampled on in games though.  < I never see them complain to the extent Americans do. "No Russian" is an exception. It's also always fine for them to always be the guys.

Nobody attack me please, I'm jus' sayin'.

"We got rid of the trinity." How'd you do that? "Now everyone can heal." Sounds like you just took the mechanic and spread it thin. "Well no, there's one class that can do it better than others." I see, so they're healers. "No. They're.." -mind asplode-

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by Pryetta

Are people really having a problem with this? I mean they didn't have a problem playing the Japanese, Russians, or Germans while shooting American Soldiers in other shooters, why is it suddenly a problem?

they just usually ban the games

like japan banned COD: WaW

I know russia has banned a few of them as well

Ain't it amazing that just about every Japanese citizen, even when they don't speak English, knows the words "Enola Gay".

We Americans tend to leave lasting impressions.

Wtf?

Youtube the Homefront backstory trailer and see how nuts Americans are going in the comments simply because in the storyline America got the shit fucked outta them by Koreans. (though they are probably gonna kick back with their resistance force and get back on top because they are (always?) the good guys.)

It's always fine for the Russians and others to be bantered and trampled on in games though.  < I never see them complain to the extent Americans do. "No Russian" is an exception. It's also always fine for them to always be the guys.

Well, to be honest, we pretty much did get our asses kicked by the Koreans for the most part. For the same reason we can't beat the Taliban in Afghanistan. We go in trying to fight them in tunnels and caves where they have the hometown advantage instead of just cluster bombing the shit out of them.

Ever since we bombed the Japanese, we've had to "back off" of using the destructive forces we have at hand. The fact of the matter is, we scarred ( and scared ) ourselves as a people just as much as we did the Japanese when those bombs fell. We don't really want to unleash that destruction on anyone again if we don't absolutely have to.

Unfortunately, the Taliban and countries like Iran and Iraq count on that very reluctance.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

Are people really having a problem with this? I mean they didn't have a problem playing the Japanese, Russians, or Germans while shooting American Soldiers in other shooters, why is it suddenly a problem?

Ain't it amazing that just about every Japanese citizen, even when they don't speak English, knows the words "Enola Gay".

Wtf?

Well, to be honest, we pretty much did get our asses kicked by the Koreans for the most part. For the same reason we can't beat the Taliban in Afghanistan. We go in trying to fight them in tunnels and caves where they have the hometown advantage instead of just cluster bombing the shit out of them.

Try being a US servicemember in Japan. The younger folk were cool with us, but grandpa, well, let's just say he wasn't very fond of us...

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

Originally posted by skeaser

Wtf?

Try being a US servicemember in Japan. The younger folk were cool with us, but grandpa, well, let's just say he wasn't very fond of us...

I can imagine.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-

• AramathAramath Member Posts: 161

They will lucky to have only a ban.  The Department of Homeland Security is going to be all over this and I can forsee an end to the producing companies as entities within the United States if they actually release it.

Originally posted by Aramath

They will lucky to have only a ban.  The Department of Homeland Security is going to be all over this and I can forsee an end to the producing companies as entities within the United States if they actually release it.

You mean like they got pissed off at Microsoft for Flight Simulator X, since some of the the terrorists who took part in 9/11 used it to practice running into the World Trade Center?

Flight Simulator is still going strong.

As far as banning it? I wouldn't be surprised if the U.S. military adds it to their training roster.

• KatrarKatrar Member Posts: 168

Originally posted by Plutonicwoes

As an actual vet, I find this hilarious, but I'm sure some butthurt hippies will throw a fit.

I also see some kind of Muslim outcry. 

This juts made me decide to buy this though.

Hippies? Really? I highly doubt it's hippies that will be butthurt over this, it's the Fox News crowd.

This from a fellow vet (OIF III).

• PhilbyPhilby Member Posts: 849

Wtf?

Ever since we bombed the Japanese, we've had to "back off" of using the destructive forces we have at hand. The fact of the matter is, we scarred ( and scared ) ourselves as a people just as much as we did the Japanese when those bombs fell. We don't really want to unleash that destruction on anyone again if we don't absolutely have to.

Unfortunately, the Taliban and countries like Iran and Iraq count on that very reluctance.

I agree. When you refuse to do what is necessary its hard to do the job. We will see how reluctant Israel is when it comes to Iran.

WOW isnt great because it has 12 million players. WOW has 12 million players because its great.

• PlutonicwoesPlutonicwoes Member UncommonPosts: 343

Originally posted by Katrar

Originally posted by Plutonicwoes

As an actual vet, I find this hilarious, but I'm sure some butthurt hippies will throw a fit.

I also see some kind of Muslim outcry. 

This juts made me decide to buy this though.

Hippies? Really? I highly doubt it's hippies that will be butthurt over this, it's the Fox News crowd.

This from a fellow vet (OIF III).

I say butthurt hippies to be a bit sarcastic, but yes I agree, and not just about Fox News, they are all pretty much the exact same these days.  

No one complains about games where you shoot the nazi soldiers, or russians, or whatever, why should people start complaining now, except for that PC bullshit.

It's a game, it's all in good fun.

Originally posted by Aramath

First Amendment. Please, read it.

• dreamsfadedreamsfade Member UncommonPosts: 339

There's been a game similar to this that's been out for over ten years. It's called Counter-Strike.

• farginwarfarginwar Member Posts: 134

Originally posted by denshing

Because now its tied to a religious zealot movement linked with the bombing of the world trade centers and countless other terrorist attacks rather than a independent nation.

Basically the same reason dressing up as hitler and going zeig heil in public is generally not socially accepted.

Unless you are Prince Harry.

If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, riddle 'em with bullets

Originally posted by Mizzoufan

There's been a game similar to this that's been out for over ten years. It's called Counter-Strike.

Yes but the terrorist did not have a race, they were just terrorist

I can see this game getting a heavy censorship hit in Europe and Australia possibly, however, in America it will make it. The ESRB has already given an "M" rating, allowing it to hit store shelves. Beyond that no one can do anything.

• dreamsfadedreamsfade Member UncommonPosts: 339

They may not be defined as a certain race, but maybe you should look closer to the models. LOL

• iamspamicusiamspamicus Member UncommonPosts: 114

Played the beta. It's one of the worst games I have played in years.

It will fail and they will blame  the "playable taliban"  for  the low sales. They have made themselves an easy out if it fails. They will claim it's not because the game sucks,  but because of content. It's just watered down modern warfare.

BC2 is far superior, and as much as I hate MW, it's even worse than that game.

When did the Taliban become a race?

emm, Bad choice of word, but you know what i mean lol 

They may not be defined as a certain race, but maybe you should closer to the models. LOL

They also have a couple Caucasian looking skins so whatever.

When the "war on terror" began and Americans unanimously decided that anyone from the middle-east is:

1. Muslim (commonly called Islams by the ignorant masses)

2. A terrorist

3. In both Al Qaeda and the Taliban, even if they are from a country that has no known cells of either organization

4. Unclean, dirty and uneducated

5. Full of hate for the western world

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

When the "war on terror" began and Americans unanimously decided that anyone from the middle-east is:

2. A terrorist

3. In both Al Qaeda and the Taliban, even if they are from a country that has no known cells of either organization

Seriously. Cry more.

They may not be defined as a certain race, but maybe you should closer to the models. LOL

They also have a couple Caucasian looking skins so whatever.

Right, because everyone from the middle-east is dark brown...

There are plenty of Caucasian looking people I've met from Afghanistan.

• farginwarfarginwar Member Posts: 134

emm, Bad choice of word, but you know what i mean lol 

Heh, yeah we understood. They didn't have a Nationality I think would be the best way to phrase it.

If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, riddle 'em with bullets

2. A terrorist

Humans like to stereotype, usually negatively..the media does not help.