Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

play as Taliban against US troops

bhugbhug Member UncommonPosts: 944

In EA's next shooter, Medal of Honor (Limited edition, rated Mature 17+) release gamers can play as Taliban in mordern-day Afghanistan against other gamers playing as US troops.

Battlefield 3™ is due for retail in October 12, 2010 (xbox360, ps3 & PC @ $60). People who own the Medal of Honor Limited Edition will receive an invitation to the beta** for another highly-anticipated EA shooter, Battlefield 3™. Battlefield 3 is the latest entry in the award-winning shooter franchise from DICE in Stockholm, Sweden.

(fine print:Beta offer is contingent on Beta availability within 12 months of Medal of Honor release. Beta will be available for a limited time only and offer expires upon close of Beta events. Participation in Beta requires acceptance of Beta Agreement. Must be 18+. Xbox GOLD membership required for Xbox users.)

Comments

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Meh.

Counterstrike was terrorist vs. counter-terrorists. Same concept, now it's more specific. I personally don't care, however, I see a fecalstorm popping up in sensationalist media outlets soon.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• GrimzayGrimzay Member Posts: 214

Will americans get butt hurt like some are about Homefront?

"We got rid of the trinity." How'd you do that? "Now everyone can heal." Sounds like you just took the mechanic and spread it thin. "Well no, there's one class that can do it better than others." I see, so they're healers. "No. They're.." -mind asplode-

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by Grimzay

My question is will Muslims get butthurt when people playing Taliban stand there and suicide bomb themselves in the middle of other Taliban.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

My question is will Muslims get butthurt when people playing Taliban stand there and suicide bomb themselves in the middle of other Taliban.

LOL!

Probably.

"We got rid of the trinity." How'd you do that? "Now everyone can heal." Sounds like you just took the mechanic and spread it thin. "Well no, there's one class that can do it better than others." I see, so they're healers. "No. They're.." -mind asplode-

• illanadanillanadan Member Posts: 314

LOL!

- Case: Thermaltake Kandalf Black Chassis
    - CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz (OC'd 4.2GHz on Water Cooling)
    - Memory: Mushkin 8Gb (4x 2Gb) DDR3 1600Mhz
    - HDD: Dual Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM
    - GFX: (2) XFX Radeon HD 5870 in CrossFire - New upgrade! :)

"I like wow, I like aion and I like AoC all for different reasons.....the later cause i get to see boobs, but still its a reason!!" - Sawlstone

• PlutonicwoesPlutonicwoes Member UncommonPosts: 343

As an actual vet, I find this hilarious, but I'm sure some butthurt hippies will throw a fit.

I also see some kind of Muslim outcry. 

This juts made me decide to buy this though.

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

I think everything should be fine as long as they don't show Muhammed, or talk ill of him.  We all know how the muslims hate that. 

(Example would be the southpark episode in which the had to bleep out muhammed, especially the name in the 2nd part of the 2 part episode, and definetly not show him, under threat of taliban kidnapping/murdering.)

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

I remember hearings on the news some Brit woman named a teddy bear she bought for her kids mohammed and they tried to give her 25 years. (I think it was 25 anyway)

Never did hear about the outcome.

Edit: Mu or Mo?

• PhilbyPhilby Member Posts: 849

Originally posted by Dragim

I think everything should be fine as long as they don't show Muhammed, or talk ill of him.  We all know how the muslims hate that. 

(Example would be the southpark episode in which the had to bleep out muhammed, especially the name in the 2nd part of the 2 part episode, and definetly not show him, under threat of taliban kidnapping/murdering.)

Too bad. Old Mu would make a great magic user. Spice up the shooter a bit.

WOW isnt great because it has 12 million players. WOW has 12 million players because its great.

You mean they're going to kill me for posting, say, an innocent picture?

Bring 'em on.

Now then, let's get back to the game discussion.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-

^

KILL THE INFIDEL!!!

^

KILL THE INFIDEL!!!

I'm not very worried. Anyone who's not Muslim is considered an "infidel". They got quite a long list to go through before they get to me.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

No, I am Muslim ((not s very religious one)) and I hate the Taliban...i think they all need to be shot dead..they are all a bunch of crazy,

((so sorry ot))

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Originally posted by bhug

In EA's next shooter, Medal of Honor (Limited edition, rated Mature 17+) release gamers can play as Taliban in mordern-day Afghanistan against other gamers playing as US troops.

Battlefield 3™ is due for retail in October 12, 2010 (xbox360, ps3 & PC @ $60). People who own the Medal of Honor Limited Edition will receive an invitation to the beta** for another highly-anticipated EA shooter, Battlefield 3™. Battlefield 3 is the latest entry in the award-winning shooter franchise from DICE in Stockholm, Sweden.

(fine print:Beta offer is contingent on Beta availability within 12 months of Medal of Honor release. Beta will be available for a limited time only and offer expires upon close of Beta events. Participation in Beta requires acceptance of Beta Agreement. Must be 18+. Xbox GOLD membership required for Xbox users.)

First off, I can't believe they are promoting a big name shooter within another big name shooter that is set to release mere months apart.

Secondly, I can't believe they are making a battlefield 3 when they just announced that Bad company 2 was getting a Vietnam expansion. "WHAT DO I DO"!!!

3rd, Who cares if you can play as taliban, it's just a terrorist organization. Same concept as counter strike.

• PryettaPryetta Member UncommonPosts: 260

Are people really having a problem with this? I mean they didn't have a problem playing the Japanese, Russians, or Germans while shooting American Soldiers in other shooters, why is it suddenly a problem?

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Originally posted by Pryetta

Are people really having a problem with this? I mean they didn't have a problem playing the Japanese, Russians, or Germans while shooting American Soldiers in other shooters, why is it suddenly a problem?

Because now its tied to a religious zealot movement linked with the bombing of the world trade centers and countless other terrorist attacks rather than a independent nation.

Basically the same reason dressing up as hitler and going zeig heil in public is generally not socially accepted.

• HensenLirosHensenLiros Member Posts: 461

Because if you disappeared with any of these 3 countries, the United States enocomy would break apart in mere days. Just because Afghan isn't an economically strong country, people tend to think them as inferior or something.

Also because its a current problem. Most of americans probably don't even remember the japanese kamikazes and the russians putting food on fire.

#edit for typos

Ultima Online 98~04
    Dark Age of Camelot 03~07
    Final Fantasy XI 04~06
    Guild Wars 05~08
    World of Warcraft 04~05
    Unsuccessful Tries: DFO/EQ2/DRaja/Rag/Req/RYL/9D/Cabal/KO/PSU/RF/GE/TO/TR/DDO/EVE/LoTRO/L2/RZ/SWG/VG

• PhilbyPhilby Member Posts: 849

Originally posted by HensenLiros

Because if you disappeared with any of these 3 countries, the United State's enocomy would break apart in mere days. Just because Afghan isn't an economically strong country, people tend to think them as inferior or something.

Also because its a current problem. Most of americans probably don't even remember the japanese kamikazes and the russians putting food into fire.

Anyone care to tell me what this means?

WOW isnt great because it has 12 million players. WOW has 12 million players because its great.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

they just usually ban the games

like japan banned COD: WaW

I know russia has banned a few of them as well

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

Originally posted by Philby

Because if you disappeared with any of these 3 countries, the United State's enocomy would break apart in mere days. Just because Afghan isn't an economically strong country, people tend to think them as inferior or something.

Also because its a current problem. Most of americans probably don't even remember the japanese kamikazes and the russians putting food into fire.

Means that the US is economically dependant on all these countries (and vice-versa). Check out how the last US economical crisis affected the world (and how japanese crisis affect the US, for example).

Ultima Online 98~04
    Final Fantasy XI 04~06
    Guild Wars 05~08
    World of Warcraft 04~05
    Unsuccessful Tries: DFO/EQ2/DRaja/Rag/Req/RYL/9D/Cabal/KO/PSU/RF/GE/TO/TR/DDO/EVE/LoTRO/L2/RZ/SWG/VG

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Nothing wrong with the game if its Taliban vs Americans. Its just that there are always stupid ppl who think all Muslims like the Taliban.

Means that the US is economically dependant on all these countries (and vice-versa). Check out how the last US economical crisis affected the world (and how japanese crisis affect the US, for example).

While its true that the US have a ridiculously large amount of national debt compared to other western countries, at the same time they are a very large export market for their international debtors.

For example US get very large loans from China, but China has problems if the US gets bankrupt, because the US market is very important for Chinese export. Its their most important customer.

Originally posted by someforumguy

While its true that the US have a ridiculously large amount of national debt compared to other western countries, at the same time they are a very large export market for their international debtors.

For example US get very large loans from China, but China has problems if the US gets bankrupt, because the US market is very important for Chinese export. Its their most important customer.

Hense why I said "vice-versa". Also the biggest damage would be due to lack of imported goods, not capital loans.

Ultima Online 98~04
    Final Fantasy XI 04~06
    Guild Wars 05~08
    World of Warcraft 04~05

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Originally posted by SgtFrog

No, I am Muslim ((not s very religious one)) and I hate the Taliban...i think they all need to be shot dead..they are all a bunch of crazy,

((so sorry ot))

I first caught wind of the Taliban when they decided to destroy the Bamiyan Twin Buddhas in Afghanistan. Merely being shot dead would be being kind to these wastes of flesh.

Good on ya for representing with class.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

Originally posted by Cecropia

Originally posted by SgtFrog

((so sorry ot))

I first caught wind of the Taliban when they decided to destroy the Bamiyan Twin Buddhas in Afghanistan. Merely being shot dead would be being kind to these wastes of flesh.

Good on ya for representing with class.

Except that he doesnt have to.

Even most western nations have militant groups which turn to terrorism if they get the chance. (ETA in Spain, former RAF in Germany, IRA in Ireland,right extremists in USA etc). No one ever expects the other citizens of those countries to officially take their distance from those terrorists.