Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In search of a new mmorpg to play.

MadManMarkMadManMark Member Posts: 8

Hi there i need help on finding a new mmorpg to play. I dont want any mmofps or mmorts games i also dont like sci fi. Im interested in History and Fantasy games. Im looking for a fairly new mmorpg i dont care whether its in development or released. My standard of fairly new = No more than 4 months of opening. It has to have pvp and needs to be free to play though if it has an item store that would be ideal. I want a game that takes a little skill or more and i strongly dislike WoW replicas. The most important thing here is that its fairly new but the others are fairly important please suggest any games you'd reccomend.

Comments

• ohnoesohnoes Member CommonPosts: 18

Final Fantasy XIV is launching at the end of next month, but i don' think it has any pvp and its p2p.

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Yep. Take a look into FFXIV. It will be out on September 22nd for Collectors Edition pre-orders, and a week later for Standard Edition people.

Its starting to look a whole lot more promising.

Other than that, no other new MMO's have really been down the pipeline recently. I can't think of any decent ones under four months old...

Fallen Earth came out in September or so, of last year. You could give that one a go if you want. Other than that, I'd say wait a month and check out FFXIV.

• SorcerousKhanSorcerousKhan Member UncommonPosts: 164

Limiting yourself to free-to-play games narrows the choices considerably, especially since you're looking for a quality game. I strongly advise against the free-to-play restriction.

• thepureonethepureone Member Posts: 18

the only truly free game is "                                " all games will have malls or litel power up for money runescape is the cheepest game you can play for free but upgradeing is worth it

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Originally posted by Riceman

Limiting yourself to free-to-play games narrows the choices considerably, especially since you're looking for a quality game. I strongly advise against the free-to-play restriction.

He could go for DDO. I think its pretty good quality.

But he is limiting it down to four months and free to play and unfortunately, there is no quality there and DDO is four years old.

Could give it a go though. Just my two cents.

• cshanorcshanor Member UncommonPosts: 64

Heroes of Three Kingdoms is a fun game in my opinion. It is Free, has PvP, and is not a WoW clone. And it hasn't been out long. You choose your class in the game by the weapon type you choose to wield. Check out some videos for it on youtube.

• elistrangeelistrange Member Posts: 157

1. Check out all the free trials that you can find.

2. Check out all the F2P

They are free so you have nothing to lose. Unless you start really liking a game, and then you will pay for it some way. That is why they are more F2A (access) rather than free to play. I didn't coin the phrase, I saw it on the forum. 

Currently Play: ?
    Occasionally Play: Champions, Pirates of the Burning Sea, WOW, EVE ONLINE

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Since you're from EU, I can only recommand 1 of the 3 game I'd usually recommand because of IP Block. Either way, I suggest you give Mabinogi a look (Nexon EU). It's a pretty decent game that requires more skills then your typical MMORPG, also has a good storyline, decent  lore (yeah there is), has PvP (optional such as Arena).

The EU Server opened last year around December I believe. But given the fact that Mabinogi is closer to a sandbox, levels don't matter that much so the only things you'll have to catch up is the learning curve and also the gold.