Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everquest Next, What would you like to see?

GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

http://kotaku.com/5607103/everquest-next-teased-at-fan-faire

Site post: Appropriately enough, the next EverQuest installment is called - for now, anyway - "Everquest Next." Sony Online Entertainment teased the new title, with two in-game images, at the publisher's "Fan Faire" going on in Las Vegas this weekend.

SOE President John Smedley gave several announcements regarding the EverQuest franchise, many of them already known, before dropping the EverQuest Next reveal. Smedley said more info on the new game would come forth by the end of the weekend, but it sounds like this will be more of a reboot than a direct sequel to EverQuest 1 and 2.

There's a panel today that should divulge more info. When more is known, we'll post. The in-game art is pictured at top and bottom

What I would like to see!

1) East Commonlands Marketplace. Where your actually having to be there to sell your wares not park a toon and leave it.

2) Old EQ xp camps, example: Orc 1,2, and Dervish camps, to name a few. But Camps from all the Old EQ xp grounds throughout the game

3) Don't force people to max level and this can be done by putting  in low level raids. Pick-Up raids similar to Warhammer onlines PvP scenerios but without the PvP and your going into a PvE raid that lasts about a hour or so and there are tiers to each raid scenerio and have 2 or 3 scenerios for each tier. Have the items that are dropped in the raids to be evovling that way as you level they dont become obsolete. And have tiers every 10 levels or so and they last about an hour. And since there are multiple scenerios at each tier make it where you need to be flagged for all scenerios other then first one in each tier which you are always flagged for.

4) Low Level AA's that scale ranks from level 10-MAX with unlimited number of AA's not that EQ2 Crap thats in place on EQ2 with limits.

5) A BUTTLOAD OF ARMOR DESIGNS and combonations. Make an apperance tab aswell.

just a few things id like to see, i have more but ill post as i think about em a little more.

Comments

• HelternHeltern Member Posts: 193

Screw the casters this time in "Casterquest" Next, make it so they can't solo, and make Warriors the Gods of Norrath like Necro/Mage/Druid was in sorry EQ1.

• Raxxo82Raxxo82 Member UncommonPosts: 150

* Very high penalties from dying..

* Very limited amounts of spawn/bind points and with that, corpse runs.. yay!

* Should take forever to gain a lvl, much like late lvls in EQ1 but still abit longer

* Quests that seems to never end

* Big world without ports. The longer it takes to travel from A-B the better...

* Oh yes and camps .. orc1, 2 etc  ;)

* And mobs to nasty for any raid force for years to come :) just because...

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

Originally posted by Raxxo82

* Very high penalties from dying..

Sounds good, I just don't want them to be to high just equivalent to old EQ CLASSIC

* Very limited amounts of spawn/bind points and with that, corpse runs.. yay!

Ah good classic " Has anybody here seen my corpse " lol

* Should take forever to gain a lvl, much like late lvls in EQ1 but still abit longer

hmm don't like this one unless its an enjoyable experiance throughout the leveling process.

Hell Yeah, My Vision, Progression Evovling Epic Weapons/Armor. Where you finish quests to upgrade and to get the final result takes a millnia

Dont see how this is good at all. Elaborate for me please.

* Oh yes and camps .. orc1, 2 etc  ;)

* And mobs to nasty for any raid force for years to come :) just because...

lol

Originally posted by Goldknyght

Hell Yeah, My Vision, Progression Evovling Epic Weapons/Armor. Where you finish quests to upgrade and to get the final result takes a millnia

yes like epic/myth quests in eq2 but for every piece of armor u can wear :) nice one!

Dont see how this is good at all. Elaborate plz

well I have had alot of great times raiding in both eq1 and 2, but when I think back of the "best" memories Ive had in games they almost always come from situations where Ive been doin just random stuff like harvesting, crafting, traveling etc.. you cant imagine how much troubble I (or others with me) can get in from just tryin to move from 1 zone to another hehe :)

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I would like to see a mix of the best old features of EQ 1 & 2 (and VG for that matter) mixed with a new and more fun combat system.

EQ1 together with Meridian pioneered MMO combat and now almost everyone is using it. Time to pioneer again, give us a combat system that feels modern instead of 13 years old.

I like the guildhouses and playerhouses of EQ2 but EQ3 should renew itself. Kill the instances and let the players build houses and shopes in certain districts of the city (you can still instance the whole city as long as it is large enough).

And kill of the broker, have something to find who sells the ware you are after and then let the player go and shop it in a store or at a market place. The towns needs to feel more alive.

Also add gambling and stuff to do at inns so they not just be places were you get quests. Let us play dice or dart to a beer at the local tavern, it is easy to do and fun.

Add more non combat options and revamp the crafting system. Crafted items should be customized in all ways (like in APB).

I want this game to feel fresh and fun while you still recognize Norrath.

Oh, and I want guildhouses to be a lot more customized and I want rival guild to be able to siege each others houses if they want to.

I want a new game, not just EQ or EQ2 with better graphics.

Originally posted by Loke666

And kill of the broker, have something to find who sells the ware you are after and then let the player go and shop it in a store or at a market place. The towns needs to feel more alive.

Yes make us lazy MMO´sers get off our spoiled butts and move around abit :)

Also add gambling and stuff to do at inns so they not just be places were you get quests. Let us play dice or dart to a beer at the local tavern, it is easy to do and fun.

Tavens- a place to go to resupply, pick up peeps for groups and gamble.. very good!

I want a new game, not just EQ or EQ2 with better graphics.

aye

• VoltlivesVoltlives Member Posts: 280

Funny that this is a topic, been playing a bastardized version of EQ 1 on my friends server for the past few months.  Going back to basics can humble one, especially since you pretty much get a air conditioned golf cart to carry you around the whole time in most MMOs in comparison to old school EQ.  I would love to see a back to grifty, it takes effort and drive to get somewhere attitude behind the game.  I loved a lot of what EQ2 did concept wise, the huge graphic failure at the beginning stalled what could have been a game that was positioned to really take off.  I will have to say however don't just rehash the same story however.  There were some great ideas with the early expansions with EQ, please build on the lore and use that to kick off storylines.  Don't just Cataclysm it.

END OF LINE_

~V

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

Originally posted by Voltlives

There were some great ideas with the early expansions with EQ, please build on the lore and use that to kick off storylines.  Don't just Cataclysm it.

LOL

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

One simple thing. Deliver the story, if there even is one, to me via means OTHER than flat text in a dialog box or book text. I want cut scenes and interactive story that I am a part of. Screw that make your own stories BS, that's what you do AFTER you've gone through the main story. As it is, EQ1 and EQ2 are basically zones with monsters to kill. That's about it. What is my drive to level? I never seemed to find one.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I would like to see a more efficient client then EQ2. Not a game that looks old at release and technically demands a pc that isnt available yet to run it with medium settings.

• LadyAlibiLadyAlibi Member UncommonPosts: 297

Originally posted by elocke

One simple thing. Deliver the story, if there even is one, to me via means OTHER than flat text in a dialog box or book text. I want cut scenes and interactive story that I am a part of. Screw that make your own stories BS, that's what you do AFTER you've gone through the main story. As it is, EQ1 and EQ2 are basically zones with monsters to kill. That's about it. What is my drive to level? I never seemed to find one.

Wow. I have exactly the opposite point of view, reinforced by my recent jaunt in LOTRO. I can't stand a canned story forced down my throat by a game. It's annoying and makes the game flat and boring to me. I want to be the one in charge of my destiny in an uncharted land. That's what makes getting out of town and seeing what there is to see EXCITING! 

The drive to level? To get to the point that you can actually survive the urge to explore further from town and to get more shiny things so that you can move on from there, and so on. What other reason does there need to be?

I don't object to there being optional storyline and cutscenes, I guess, but screw that having to put up being marched through someone else's story BS. And by optional, I don't mean "you don't have to do it... if you don't mind spending 16 years per level grinding out the experience you would have gotten if you'd only consented to taking part in the stupid story you don't care about."

Originally posted by LadyAlibi

Wow. I have exactly the opposite point of view, reinforced by my recent jaunt in LOTRO. I can't stand a canned story forced down my throat by a game. It's annoying and makes the game flat and boring to me. I want to be the one in charge of my destiny in an uncharted land. That's what makes getting out of town and seeing what there is to see EXCITING! 
    The drive to level? To get to the point that you can actually survive the urge to explore further from town and to get more shiny things so that you can move on from there, and so on. What other reason does there need to be?

I don't object to there being optional storyline and cutscenes, I guess, but screw that having to put up being marched through someone else's story BS. And by optional, I don't mean "you don't have to do it... if you don't mind spending 16 years per level grinding out the experience you would have gotten if you'd only consented to taking part in the stupid story you don't care about."

Interesting. I found the story the only true saving grace in Lotro, well, besides the landscape visuals. If there were no story and cutscenes in Lotro, I wouldn't have lasted past day 1.

So here, we have 2 opposing viewpoints as to what we want from our MMOs. So how do we compromise and come to a middle ground? I mean, we could not compromise and just have our separate niche games and never see each other, but that cuts the game population at least in half when it can cater to both our desires instead and bring in more people. Food for thought.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

"Everquest Next, What would you like to see? "

For it to be called Asheron's Call Next and take place in the the world of Dereth and use a skill tree system instead of a class system. No elves, ogres, giants, and other traditional fantasy elements. Combat that is based off of actual skill and moving your character out of the way of attacks instead of a button press system. An engaging loot system, etc etc etc.

That sounds good and you know it.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Originally posted by someforumguy

I would like to see a more efficient client then EQ2. Not a game that looks old at release and technically demands a pc that isnt available yet to run it with medium settings.

I think they got the engine right this time, since they'll be using Free Realm's engine, something that's tested and tweaked already.  For the first time in EQ franchise history, the game world will be seamless.  Finally, no more zoning just go to from one zone to another.

This thread asks the similar questions as the one found on the official forum.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=167011

I made long posts there already so not going to post it here again.  But if they do make a cross between EQ1 & WoW, it'd be a pretty good game.  The two games are more alike than most people think.  Considering vanilla WoW copied off EQ, while EQ copied off WoW after expansions.  What EQ Next can be is what many had hoped Vanguard was going to turn out to be.  Except of course, this time SOE will be developing it from scratch so you know they'll fully support the game.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• spades07spades07 Member UncommonPosts: 852

-nerdy details like being encumbered, or requiring keys to some places. (just not with ridiculous long camps)

-named! I miss that in WoW- the extra little excitement seeing a 'named' that might drop loot.

-distinct, desirable, recognizable items. In Everquest everyone knew what a fbss was or a lammy, or silver chitins, or a fungi tunic. In WoW- you just don't really care.

-wacky locations. Theres a difference between West Karana of EQ and EQ2. West Karana of EQ2 was the dullest location ever- it was just too real maybe? West Karana of EQ was a little bit whacky, dangerous, and had characters.

-spells. In WoW you feel like you're casting an ability, in EQ you felt like you were casting a spell. And theres a key distinction.

-Dungeons. No need to say anymore. Blackburrow, KC, the Warrens, Sebilis- great imagined dungeons.

-And lastly, embracing the casual developments. Rest xp and mounts isn't a bad thing.

• MidniteHowlMidniteHowl Member UncommonPosts: 149

I want it to basically be the original EQ but add updated graphics, a quest log, and no Bazaar or Auction House.

• helothelot Member UncommonPosts: 99

Would like to see no cash shop.   But no chance of that.  Soe just needs to die.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Interesting. I found the story the only true saving grace in Lotro, well, besides the landscape visuals. If there were no story and cutscenes in Lotro, I wouldn't have lasted past day 1.

So here, we have 2 opposing viewpoints as to what we want from our MMOs. So how do we compromise and come to a middle ground? I mean, we could not compromise and just have our separate niche games and never see each other, but that cuts the game population at least in half when it can cater to both our desires instead and bring in more people. Food for thought.

I would be inclined to agree with you sir but not because I have to have a story in my MMRORPGs.  I simply found LoTRO to be incredibly generic.  That said...

I have a very short list of things I want from EQNext.  I'd say the most important of which is a healthy amount of classes which are all heavily distinct from one another.  One of EQ2's biggest problems was that despite having like 20 classes, few classes within each archtype played all that differently from one another.  Many classes shared the exact same abilities and playstyles with only a handful of class defining abilities separating the two.

Secondly, I would love to see some inventive quests that break the mold from the common variety of "kill x" tasks.  After playing WoW for a length of time, I have yet to find an MMORPG that does questing better.  Sure, that game has a bit "too" many vehicle quests and other annoying nuances, on the whole, I've always been entertained.  I really hated EQ2's quests which almost always consisted of killing a certain amount of mobs or fetching a number of items.  Within that same vein, I would love some add-on support where community members can create additions to the UI such as a quest helper or map making program.

Lastly, I would appreciate a much better combat system than either of the previous EQ games.  Sure, the original gets a pass because of its age, but I always thought EQ2's combat system was terrible.  The autoface was annoying when trying to position mobs, there were too many abilities per class, and the cooldowns for each ability were terrible.

• LadyAlibiLadyAlibi Member UncommonPosts: 297

I've spent a good part of the day trying to figure out what kind of compromise might be worked out, and I've got some ideas.

One idea I had was off-track areas with good drops and higher experience per kill that aren't involved in the storyline quests. These could be campable/crawlable dungeons, or outdoor areas away from the beaten track. Perhaps there could be a few one-off, non-story-line quests with the purpose of introducing those areas to the players.

This would be a ton more work for the devs, but the upshot is that everyone gets what they want, and can change over to the other style of play at will.

Originally posted by ReallyNow10

One simple thing. Deliver the story, if there even is one, to me via means OTHER than flat text in a dialog box or book text. I want cut scenes and interactive story that I am a part of.
    You don't need an MMO for that; plenty of off-line single player adventure games like that, heck even movies if you want to relax your fingers from keyboard and mouse.

Screw that make your own stories BS, that's what you do AFTER you've gone through the main story.
    How about your choices and actions being YOUR story.  What makes you think some pimply dev geek can craft a better story than what you can come up with during your wanderings through the game world?

As it is, EQ1 and EQ2 are basically zones with monsters to kill. That's about it. What is my drive to level? I never seemed to find one.
    If you need lore and NPC events going on in the world, then fine, but if you are implying you need a script in your hand to tell your character to walk from A to B to C, etc..., then maybe MMO's are not your vehicle.  Like I said, plently of offline single player Adventure games fit the bill for that.

Whatever, assumption master. Just because you like DON't like being in an interactive story doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. There are games for you. There are games for me. MMORPGs are based on single player games, except they have more than just you playing them. I've played these NON story MMORPGs and they all fall short in one way or another. The post asks what I want from EQ Next, this is my answer.

To be honest, I'm more for a hybrid of both our styles of play. I played SWG pre CU. I saw all the horrible gameplay with no drive but to just DO IT. I played Eve and loved the setting and atmosphere but still wondered where the FUN was and where my drive to go further was. Same with Darkfall. I love the skill based aspect, etc. but I need some story interaction.

Part of my desire comes from my first true MMO being FFXI. Ever since I went through the Mission story arcs in that game, I've pandered for more of the same from every MMO since then. Only one has come close to delivering it. LOTRO. Funny enough, looks like I'm not the only one who desires this because SWTOR, GW2, Rift and FFXIV are all adding an interactive STORY. Now for EQ to do the same. :D

Interesting. I found the story the only true saving grace in Lotro, well, besides the landscape visuals. If there were no story and cutscenes in Lotro, I wouldn't have lasted past day 1. So here, we have 2 opposing viewpoints as to what we want from our MMOs. So how do we compromise and come to a middle ground? I mean, we could not compromise and just have our separate niche games and never see each other, but that cuts the game population at least in half when it can cater to both our desires instead and bring in more people. Food for thought.

I've spent a good part of the day trying to figure out what kind of compromise might be worked out, and I've got some ideas.

One idea I had was off-track areas with good drops and higher experience per kill that aren't involved in the storyline quests. These could be campable/crawlable dungeons, or outdoor areas away from the beaten track. Perhaps there could be a few one-off, non-story-line quests with the purpose of introducing those areas to the players.

This would be a ton more work for the devs, but the upshot is that everyone gets what they want, and can change over to the other style of play at will.

I like it. Also, thank you for positive input, unlike some other folks who just want to have things their own way ONLY.

See, in your example I would even be willing to hop over to your area and join with you on your adventures. All the great epic books/stories have side plots going on, so this could make that work well.

• sn0wblind00sn0wblind00 Member UncommonPosts: 388

.. but I need some story interaction.

Part of my desire comes from my first true MMO being FFXI. Ever since I went through the Mission story arcs in that game, I've pandered for more of the same from every MMO since then. Only one has come close to delivering it. LOTRO. Funny enough, looks like I'm not the only one who desires this because SWTOR, GW2, Rift and FFXIV are all adding an interactive STORY. Now for EQ to do the same. :D

Why would you want every MMO to offer the same things?  Personally I really dislike the bioware-style of cutscenes where you pick a yes/no direction.  I played EQ back when it was released and loved it because it felt like my character was part of the world, which was very immersive and populated at the time.  I could *attempt* to do anything and had a lot of freedom in choice; Comparative to a story-arc setting which is nothing but a compilation of pre-scripted events that make the game feel like a single player rpg.  The appeal of MMO's to me is a big vast world where you can do anything and compete against other players.  EQ offered this originally.

Anyways I just wanted to point out that you can't cater every game to everyone.  I'm sure you'll have fun playing that new star wars game in all it's cutscene/instances glory, but it makes me sad that you wish other games would tailor to your individual wants. 

Personally I didn't enjoy eq 2 that much, so I'm going to remain skeptical on this one.

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

One simple thing. Deliver the story, if there even is one, to me via means OTHER than flat text in a dialog box or book text. I want cut scenes and interactive story that I am a part of.

You don't need an MMO for that; plenty of off-line single player adventure games like that, heck even movies if you want to relax your fingers from keyboard and mouse.

Screw that make your own stories BS, that's what you do AFTER you've gone through the main story.

How about your choices and actions being YOUR story.  What makes you think some pimply dev geek can craft a better story than what you can come up with during your wanderings through the game world?

As it is, EQ1 and EQ2 are basically zones with monsters to kill. That's about it. What is my drive to level? I never seemed to find one.

If you need lore and NPC events going on in the world, then fine, but if you are implying you need a script in your hand to tell your character to walk from A to B to C, etc..., then maybe MMO's are not your vehicle.  Like I said, plently of offline single player Adventure games fit the bill for that.

Whatever, assumption master. Just because you like DON't like being in an interactive story doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.

And just because you have to be in a hybrid movie game does not mean others do not enjoy freedom.

There are games for you.

Not at the moment.

There are games for me.

Practically everthing out there at the moment is for storyline gamers like you, so why spoil EQNext?  LOTRO gives/forces you to follow a story.   AOC.  Lots of other games.

MMORPGs are based on single player games, except they have more than just you playing them.

Arguably, the initial round of MMO's (from the Golden Age of MMO gaming) gave you "worlds", and did not limit you to following some linear contrite storyline.

I've played these NON story MMORPGs and they all fall short in one way or another.

They fell short or you fell short?

The post asks what I want from EQ Next, this is my answer.

To be honest, I'm more for a hybrid of both our styles of play.

Bah.  Hybrid is crap.

I played SWG pre CU. I saw all the horrible gameplay with no drive but to just DO IT.

SWG had no soul, but EQ sure did, as did DAOC and UO.

I played Eve and loved the setting and atmosphere but still wondered where the FUN was and where my drive to go further was. Same with Darkfall. I love the skill based aspect, etc. but I need some story interaction.

Part of my desire comes from my first true MMO being FFXI.

Maybe that's the problem.  I came from EQ/DAOC/UO; real MMO's.  None of this forced storyline crap.

Ever since I went through the Mission story arcs in that game, I've pandered for more of the same from every MMO since then. Only one has come close to delivering it. LOTRO. Funny enough, looks like I'm not the only one who desires this because SWTOR, GW2, Rift and FFXIV are all adding an interactive STORY. Now for EQ to do the same. :D

How about a "world" with current things going on it, but not a script you follow individually?  The PVP war in DAOC is an example.  Not forced on the players, but there for the taking.

Anyway, if EQ Next offers just a static open world, that will be good enough.  There are no new free range AAA-quality MMO's out there now and one is direly needed.

Sorry to have butted in, but I felt like sharing my opinions. I'm sorry if this sounds really mean, but people like elocke are the ones who ruined MMORPGS. Literally. MMO's used to be all about living in a  world with other people. Somewhere along the line new people came in and started demanding there be stories in MMORPGS. All of a sudden MMORPGS's were more about being led around by quests and stories and once you finished all the quests in one area, you went on to the next. Nobody cared about getting groups, just finishing the quests in the areas and getting to the top level as fast as they could.

My fondest gaming memories were of DAoC. I met so many people by getting random groups to grind  certain areas. I would get lost (no maps) and feel like I'm really out in the wild where I could die at any moment. I would have to ask people passing by how to get back to mag mell or howth. The only quest I remember was /task from the sentry at Mag Mell.

Sure we never had a story, but I was able to leave the game each night with a story of my own that I would share with other friends who played.

All MMORPG's now are wanna be single player games where you happened to be playing around people. God forbid you actually group with any of them though, because you want to be left alone to enjoy the story... I just don't freaking get it. If you want to play a story based game why play one where there are real stories with real people to be had? Why not just play a single player game and pretend there are real people playing at the same time. I doubt there is any difference seeing as how you are all questing on your own anyways.

/rant

• LissLiss Member Posts: 48

I see a lot of good ideas!

Most of the ideas I have are pretty much taken from EQ1, as a lot of other people's are. But I think that EQ did a lot of things right to make an "immersive" MMO where you felt like you were in a dangerous world.

- Make the world DANGEROUS! MMO's nowadays have me feeling like I could run through a zone bashing 4 mobs at once that are 2 lvls higher than me. In EQ it was scary to go somewhere by yourself unless you were pretty high lvl or had SOW.

- A word on Maps; I remember have a folder of printed out maps when I played EQ1, which was incredibly frustrating. But it was very satisfying to find your way through a new zone and then slowly learn the zone just by running through it. Maybe have ingame maps but with NO "you are here" arrows. That way I would have to say "hmmm, I think I'm on this road so I should keep going straight." or "Did I pass the lake on my right yet?"

- Penalties for Dying. Dying and knowing youre actually gonna lose exp/time/a camp makes fighting A LOT more fun and interesting. In other MMO's I didnt have any sense of danger so when I died I just shrugged and tried again. Dying in an MMO should mean something. It should frustrate, it should hinder you for some reason. Not just turn into a ghost or respawn back in a safe area with all your gear.

- Class separation! I want a warrior (or whatever tank class) to be good at taking hits, holding aggro, and keeping themselves between some big bad monster and that little squishy guy. THAT'S IT. I dont wanna see a tank healing itself/doing crazy dps/soloing any mob out there. Same with other classes! Healers should rock the house and healing and buffs and being holy....

- Talent trees. I dont wanna see a healing class with a tree where they can specialize in damage dealing instead of healing.....be a offensive caster if that's what you want.

- Skill involved in gameplay! OMG right?! EQ might not have had AA's (in the beginning) or talent trees or awesome gear (again, in the beginning) But MAN you knew who the talented people were on the server and who the crappy peeps were.

- Gear. Don't give us armor with str and agi and dex on it at lvl 2 pleeeeaaaase. Make me FEEL like I'm a crappy lvl 2! I should NOT have some magical sword of fire or robe of amazing stats when Ive done 3 quests in my whole toon's life. Make getting the first piece of gear with stats actually rewarding. Make it a serious Milestone. As some other people have said; gear should have personal meaning. If you get asked where you got an item, you should remember. In other MMO's I couldnt name you a single piece of armor. In EQ you KNEW what you had. Probably because there wasnt a million different breastplates for lvl 20's.

- Grouping. Please bring back grouping! I dont  just mean when someone needs a big mob down or a tough quest completed. I mean to progress you need to ATLEAST pair up with another adventurer. Don't make this a single player MMO. I WANT to need other people. You should feel like the world is dangerous and someone needs to be there to have your back. Walking into a dungeon (my level) by myself and clearing most of it alone might satisfy the intant gratification crowd but where is the adventure in that? And CAMPS!!!!! PLEASE!!!!

- Travel. To me, travel is VERY important. Please dont give us a way to get to another continent in under 2 minutes. I don't want to be able to warp to my group instantly anytime I want. I want to feel like I'm actually traveling through a world instead of skipping across it like a stone. Give the players that sense of adventure and accomplishment when they just ran through some wicked crazy zones to get to a zone where they plan on hunting.

- Make it a wide open world. EQ1 did this so well with their wide open zones. Make me wander around. I dont like going into a zone where everything is condensed and every part is filled with some mob or building or something. Nektulos Forest was creepy. At night you couldnt see crap. I wanna see stuff like that.

- Zones for certain levels. Please give us more than 1 zone for lvl 10 -20 and so on. I want choices of where to go. I dont wanna feel forced into certain areas. I like being able to wander with a couple buddies and try out different hunting grounds.

- DANGER DANGER DANGER. I know I said this already, but if you watched the videos of the EQN panels the first guy in the audience said it the best. EQ1's original slogan was "YOU'RE IN OUR WORLD NOW!" I want that to be true again! Give us back the griffon in EC! Put a couple wandering groups of bandits or orcs in a zone just to go around causing mayhem! Make me have to shout for a high lvl to come break a camp for me and my buddies! TRAINS!!! I dont wanna attack a mob and be able to think "well if it starts winning, i'll just run 50ft and it will turn around and forget about me." Ever fell off the boat in OOT? Yeah give me that stuff.

- I don't wanna see gnomes being warriors.

- Non-instanced raids. Race in VT anyone?

- I want to adventure, not grind out quests because i feel like need to high lvl to enjoy myself.

- Keep people coming back to Capitals. Don't replace them with Guild Halls, PoK, or anything else. It's so sad to see empty Capitals.

- Named mobs!

- Crazy hard zones that rewarded you for coming in! (Guk, Sebilis, KC!!)

- Make it us vs the world, not "F you, I'm soloing."

- Give us time to chat. Killing things is fun but chilling at a camp, pulling mobs and chatting is such a great way to relax.

- I want to feel like I actually did something when I lvl. I dont wanna feel like  I'm wasting time racing to the higher lvls. I wanna say "Yeah, I'm lvl 34 and I earned that!"

- Starting stats that matter. (atleast during the low lvls)

- Epic quests are aweeesoooommeee!!! Give us those! And make the EPIC!!

- I wanna see some one's gear and say "wooooaaa he/she must be a bamf."

- Boats! (for continent to continent) Yeah, some people dont like em but they add immersion!

Alright, that's all for now. And feel free to reply to my ideas. Theyre all my opinion and I know people have different ones!!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I want a game where group is strongly encouraged and rewarded, perhaps even unfairly so.  Sure, put some content in that people can solo when time challenged, but make the best stuff only for those who group.

Also,grouping doesn't mean never ending raiding, give us back the day of good camp grinding where people can easily just jump in and out of so that pugging with strangers becomes rewarding and fun again.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon