Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Noobie question : Is JE an expansion/upgrade or a new game?

CyberWizCyberWiz Member UncommonPosts: 914

What I mean is, if I start playing Jumpgate now, will my character be transfered/upgraded to Jumpgate Evolution? Or will Jumpgate Evolution run next to Jumpgate?

greetz

If you are interested in subscription or PCU numbers for MMORPG's, check out my site :
http://mmodata.blogspot.be/
Favorite MMORPG's : DAoC pre ToA-NF, SWG Pre CU-NGE, EVE Online

Comments

• ilipthgoreilipthgore Member Posts: 5

i imagine JG will be decomitioned and JGE will be the only game,as it stands JGE is really only making JG look better bigger ect with massive GFX upgrades and larger universe.

• AristidesAristides Member Posts: 172

I'm sure your character won't be transferred.  The devs have said they are two different games.

• AmbrosiusAmbrosius Member Posts: 75

Jumpgate Evolution will be an entirely new game with a similar setting.  No character transfer.  But I'd still highly recommend trying Jumpgate Classic. 

-- Ambros.

• AristidesAristides Member Posts: 172

More info has come to light now that JGE's blackout period seems to have ended.  They've remade it as a PvP action game, and won't have any of the old hauling and mining gameplay.

The old Jumpgate is still more of a flight-fight-and-trading space sim, kind of sandboxy but a lot smaller than EVE.  Both games let you fly your own ship.  If you just like fighting, JGE is probably for you.  If you like some of the old space-trader games (and you think fighting is fun too), old Jumpgate may be worth your time.