Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best free MMO out there. Period.

jeme223jeme223 Member Posts: 12

I have played this game for a while and it just keeps getting better and better! It has an AMAZING storyline, great skills, it doesnt force you to stick with just one 'class', and it has more that just one race! It is a great game! i HIGHLY reccomend it to ANYBODY! But remember it does require some skill soooo.... yeah

Comments

• PietoroPietoro Member Posts: 162

The pet system is also fantastic and custimisable. You can even 'tweak' pets by rebirthing one species into another so that the new pet has spells it couldn't get before. Good times.

I also think the Cash Shop is one of the best value and reasonably priced ones out there.

• brucieeeebrucieeee Member Posts: 12

I have to agree. This games combat system is the best I have ever played. 

I have great memories of this game, played it for 2 years and spent $100s of dollars. Problem is, you have to know when to stop. :)  

• orenroccoorenrocco Member Posts: 7

Good game true that but you can get lost on the mountains that gets you to the city that has the dual sword transformation. I got lost while trying to get the city and  I have beenlost ever since I think. Other than that its adventure combat which is funimageimage

LOLLAL

• aekeemaekeem Member Posts: 14

weird, my experience has been the exact opposite.  i downloaded the game yesterday, got about 15 minutes into the game when i got a quest to kill 5 brown foxes.  so i start looking all around and notice there aren't any creatures anywhere and i realize that this terrible game is broken(keep in mind this is the "main story" questline so there's literally nothing for a new player to do in the game until they fix their server).  i try asking in the beginner chat channel but you literally cannot sort through the endless gold selling spam bots.  logged in today to check again and still nothing, really curious how people are having a positive experience with this one.

• zander490zander490 Member Posts: 7

I actually disagree with the title of this post as well. It's not the BEST FREE MMO, but it's one that I enjoy. It has a lot of bugs, but your are literally getting MORE than you paid for. Please keep that in mind.

To Aekeem,

You're not going to get epic god-like battles 30 minutes into the game. Wait until Level 30, then you'll be asked to save God. 

Sometimes the servers go through "Dungeon Lag", where the monsters don't load properly. This usually takes a few minutes to pass. That might be why you had trouble finding foxes.

If you can't find any monsters you can still train stats. Try playing music, crafting, or even sitting around to increase your skills. Maybe you should check the the game website and homepage to see if the mob issue is addressed.

It pains me to say this but, the beginner chat is a lost cause. It's filled with jerks who make bots to ruin the game for everyone. If you want help, try making a party with the title [Questions!] or [How do I?]. Just dont put [Help!] because that's automaticly filtered for being too vague.

The Forums are a great way to find out more about the game issues. If you're having a problem, chances are someone else is and complaining about it there. Just look for posts made recently to see if there's new information.

Mabinogi World WIki is also a good resource. The Official strategy guide on the website is good for general information (it's not 100% acurate though!)

I enjoy the game because of the wide variety of things I can do. Fighitng, playing music, talking to friends, or just relaxing in the obscurity of a Korean MMO paradise. The game's really more fun if you try asking people for help before judging it for its problems at first glance.

Send me a message if you need more information.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Originally posted by jeme223

I have played this game for a while and it just keeps getting better and better! It has an AMAZING storyline, great skills, it doesnt force you to stick with just one 'class', and it has more that just one race! It is a great game! i HIGHLY reccomend it to ANYBODY! But remember it does require some skill soooo.... yeah

Does it end up costing money?

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

You can get through the entire game without spending money. It's just a lot easier if you do spend some cash. You should hold back on paying money whenever you start though, so you don't waste cash on a game that you might not like. (I think you have to wait until Level 30 to buy anything anyway)

If you want to play seriously, make sure buying a pet mount is the first thing you get from the cash shop. Its one of those things that helps you keep your sanity in this game. The levels are pretty big (expecially in Iria) , and traveling around on foot will get annoying. Plus it can hold more items and protect you in battle!

The cash shop is mostly for convienence. you don't NEED anything from them, but you will WANT them after playing for a while.

• aekeemaekeem Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by zander490

To Aekeem,

You're not going to get epic god-like battles 30 minutes into the game. Wait until Level 30, then you'll be asked to save God. 

Sometimes the servers go through "Dungeon Lag", where the monsters don't load properly. This usually takes a few minutes to pass. That might be why you had trouble finding foxes.

If you can't find any monsters you can still train stats. Try playing music, crafting, or even sitting around to increase your skills. Maybe you should check the the game website and homepage to see if the mob issue is addressed.

It pains me to say this but, the beginner chat is a lost cause. It's filled with jerks who make bots to ruin the game for everyone. If you want help, try making a party with the title [Questions!] or [How do I?]. Just dont put [Help!] because that's automaticly filtered for being too vague.

The Forums are a great way to find out more about the game issues. If you're having a problem, chances are someone else is and complaining about it there. Just look for posts made recently to see if there's new information.

Mabinogi World WIki is also a good resource. The Official strategy guide on the website is good for general information (it's not 100% acurate though!)

I enjoy the game because of the wide variety of things I can do. Fighitng, playing music, talking to friends, or just relaxing in the obscurity of a Korean MMO paradise. The game's really more fun if you try asking people for help before judging it for its problems at first glance.

Send me a message if you need more information.

i wasn't asking for epic battles, i was asking for anything to fight so i could progress.  i made a post in their official forums and literally 1 minute after i posted some douchebag posted some 3 year old internet meme thinking he was hilarious, and then after that literally nothing.  i tried logging back in a day or two later and there were still no mobs so i just went ahead and deleted the game.  i'm just passing along my experience with the game which i spent more time downloading than it was possible to spend playing, hoping i save a few people from getting fooled by the ridiculously high rating and the completely unwarranted praise people are heaping on it in these forums.

Dude, did you read the whole thread?

I would hope that someone in-game has helped you with this by now, but if not... Just change channels. The glitched channel may take quite some time to get fixed. Chi_Flame, 08-13-2010, 12:53 PM

Looks like you got your answer right there...

• AlysenMinaseAlysenMinase Member Posts: 361

Originally posted by zander490

Dude, did you read the whole thread?

I would hope that someone in-game has helped you with this by now, but if not... Just change channels. The glitched channel may take quite some time to get fixed. Chi_Flame, 08-13-2010, 12:53 PM

Looks like you got your answer right there...

Not even an hour later. Patience is a virtue.

Playing - EVE, Wurm

Retired - Final Fantasy XI, Anarchy Online, Mabinogi

Waiting - ArcheAge, Salem

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

I tried it a while ago.  Then my wife walked in the room and said, knowing that Im a gamer, and this is true, said "why is your character a girl child?"  I had a male character.  Uninstall very quick.

• AlysenMinaseAlysenMinase Member Posts: 361

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

I tried it a while ago.  Then my wife walked in the room and said, knowing that Im a gamer, and this is true, said "why is your character a girl child?"  I had a male character.  Uninstall very quick.

Art style isn't for everyone. This type of game isn't for everyone. But for those who enjoy sandboxish games where there are many ways to advance, this game is one of the best.

Playing - EVE, Wurm

Retired - Final Fantasy XI, Anarchy Online, Mabinogi

Waiting - ArcheAge, Salem

• unit0415unit0415 Member Posts: 10

I would have recommended going and getting a giant character.. would have been no questions asked with that lol

• Lan231999Lan231999 Member Posts: 2

I really enjoy this game. It's also one of the three games that got me to spend money on because I liked them! XD

• johnnie54johnnie54 Member Posts: 1

yea i guess so but i need the money first :X

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Every now and then I play a female avatar and when my wife asks me why I tell her it reminds me of her and she goes away happy.  image

I have been interested in this title but I will have to say the art style has always been a turn off that kept me away.  (and I've had little success in the F2P arena)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizGamerWizGamer Member UncommonPosts: 402

Originally posted by Kyleran

Every now and then I play a female avatar and when my wife asks me why I tell her it reminds me of her and she goes away happy.  image

I have been interested in this title but I will have to say the art style has always been a turn off that kept me away.  (and I've had little success in the F2P arena)

LOL that's hilarious. I have to say, I have played every major F2P and P2P mmorpg out there and I keep coming back to this game. There is just so much to do and everything is built around being fun rather than a grind. You can really do whatever u want, and make money/gains levels/progress however you want doing it. Definitely my favorite sandbox. I wish they would modernize the graphics a bit. I can't really play this around my dorm because, to be honest, it does look a bit childish.

• booboofingerbooboofinger Member UncommonPosts: 96

I cannot agree more. This game is absolutely awesome!

The funny thing is that the graphics are somewhat ho-hum, the combat system is far from stellar and there have been times where the lag was so bad that it was almost comical. And yet, I keep coming back to this game and loving it more and more every time.

The reasons are myriad: Awesome stories, great community, fantastic wiki (believe me, you will need it)  and to call it a sandbox would be the same calling the Sahara Desert a sandbox.  There is so much to see and do here that it would take you years of constant playing to even get close to experiencing it all. If it can even be done....

Also a factor is that even though it is Cash Shop supported game, Nexon has show enormous restraint when it comes to the greed monster that plagues a lot of the F2P games out there. Prices are generally affordable, and there are no real Pay 2 Win items for sale. And if that wasn't enough, there are plenty of ways to even earn free NX from doing the usual surveys and stuff to where you don't even need to spend I dime to enjoy the game.

There are also lot's of events (roughly a new one every other month or so) that are tons of fun, not impossibly hard  and even give some valuable rewards to it's players. My favorite being the Black Flamare which I still consider one of the best mounts in the game.

But above all, I had more fun in this game then in many AAA games and P2P games. Sure, it has it's shortcomings like all games do. But the positive aspects so fully trump all the negative things that I can see myself playing this game for a very, very long time.

• dark215000dark215000 Member Posts: 2

Don't expect to be able to do anything in mabinogi without wasting some money on the cash shop, nexon has basically blocked off any means of making money through in game actions(quest etc ) basically the only way to make money in mabinogi is to trade with other players, which requires you to ether A) buy the gacha from the cash shop or B) get the items from other players by trading so ether way you can not get B with out someone getting A which sucks, but the economy in mabinogi fluctuates more then a real world economy things that can be worth 200k one day can easily be 2m the next day and then end up being worthless the next, its just how the game works sometimes you get lucky and sometimes the item you bought for 2m is worth 10k because a new gacha came out. 

The game in itself is enjoy able, and the items available to collect are unique. The leveling system is fun, and the game itself can be confusing at first but with the new tutorials out there it's made the game alot easier for new players, not to mention nexon has basically nurfed this game so much one can get to level 100 in a day with out a problem. but all in all I've thoroughly enjoyed this game. 

• VancePantsVancePants Member UncommonPosts: 43

It's weird... I notice there are a lot of people in this game, and you guys seem to like it... why is the rating so low on mmorpg.com? User's gave it 6.3/10.0? WEAK!

But i dont see much news about the game. Probably because it's almost 10yrs old... 0.0

:D

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Is there a video available to represent this game, or to let prospective players at least know what they are getting into?

Game is old, understood.  Some old games are good, but only some games meet my fancy.

Video on how this game is currently getting better and better pls..

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• VancePantsVancePants Member UncommonPosts: 43

Actually, they have weekly in-game "episodes" right now, each of which unlocks a new story element and creates more missions. Be online when it first "airs" for bonuses, complete the whole series for like a battle pegasus or something? 

Not too sure how it works but it's a cool idea and I haven't really seen it anywhere else. I like the idea of episodic stories being released - gives the whole community stuff to talk about. Like mixing tv with an mmo almost lol. 

http://mabinogi.nexon.net/micro-site/saga

:D

• DrelkagDrelkag Member UncommonPosts: 56

This is the best video representing the game IMO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvA0NSjBzYA

• yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    edited August 2018
    Nexon cash grabber. Old game that was run by Nexon for the world being outshifted to franchises once profits went down. Don't expect it to last. Do expect to be gouged for cash relentlessly.