Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game going F2P, but did they ever add PvP?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

just wondering. have the developers ever add the PvP to the game?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Not yet.

• dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386

As mentioned in the press release that went out yesterday, PvP (and a bunch of other things) is already in our dev roadmap and hopefully will arrive by the end of the year. We have a bunch of ideas of it that we're toying with, but the idea is to have PvP that caters to PvP players without compromising the PvE aspects of the game. Its not something that you just flip a switch and its there.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living.
    If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
    ...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

well pvp in a F2P is normally P2W, so I wouldn't care much, and even with the several problems I read and you can know from other places too, its better you just play another game.

I would recommend dynasty warriors online, if you like DW I guess it worth the test in the CB of aeria ^^

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386

Originally posted by alkarionlog

well pvp in a F2P is normally P2W, so I wouldn't care much, and even with the several problems I read and you can know from other places too, its better you just play another game.

I would recommend dynasty warriors online, if you like DW I guess it worth the test in the CB of aeria ^^

Since you haven't even played Alganon and have no idea what you're talking about either way, you are in no position to even comment on the game, let alone a currently non-existent PvP component.

[Mod Edit]

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living.
    If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
    ...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Originally posted by dsmart

Since you haven't even played Alganon and have no idea what you're talking about either way, you are in no position to even comment on the game, let alone a currently non-existent PvP component.

[Mod Edit]

LOL! And with that attitude, no  new players are going to even give it a try. Good job! image

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

[Mod Edit]

plus I did saw your sorry cash shop in that game, several pots just to start, nice keep going like that too, I talk for experience, games like that burn you player base, just some stay paying, but you also have a problem pretty much people will play games based on grafics, and alganon grafics are too weak for my taste, and that is comming from someone who prefer a good gameplay over grafics and from the looks of it, it not deliver any fun.

also after the copy and paste the people over quest did, (copy bioware press release), it show lack of creativity and based in dev phase then they mention it would looks like wow, make me even less liked to even look on that thing again.

I could also bash the alganon main side, and ask what really is your main public, who you really want to atract to play that game, childrens? adults? who?

people at quest fail to notice one thing, people will go play games not based on lies (since 3k a.d. did), but on what it can deliver, and after all bad press, plus they president making personal attacks on people who don't agree/like they game, make even more dificult to people even try to look at it. because face it only people who knows about alganon are people who read all bad press, alganon DON'T have any kind of advertisement, the lack of content also will plague the game, to put it simple alganon will not deliver.

I need also ask alganon will also have neural network?

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

[Mod Edit]

LOL since when people need to PLAY a game to comment? You do know the concept of screenshots, description of gameplay, and websites, right?

No one has played TOR but everyone knows about the Jedi classes. Are you saying people are banned from talking about Jedi classes just because no one has played it yet? This is the internet.

And since when people will stop commenting on a game just because you said so?

• fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409

pvp i guess will be coming soon. atleast from the post i seen its coming in a big patch int he comin months. donno when as well just read it off the site.did a trial of alganon before n game wasnt too bad . so ill play this to lvl 30 :-)

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Adding features to a game costs money.

To make money, you need paying customers.

So, no, they did not ever add PvP to Alganon, nor will they.

• AkrninesAkrnines Member Posts: 12

I had reasonable hopes for Alganon, and actually was quite entertained in beta though it had alot issues at the time...