Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starcraft 2 and you!

Luthor_XLuthor_X Member Posts: 431

I'm just wondering how many mmo players are going to play sc2. I never really played that much of the original starcraft, but I did beta sc2 and found it enjoyable. I also pre-ordered the CE edition and will be there (hopefully) come launch... I just need to learn how to play, lol. I mean, I did win quite a bit during the beta, but I would contribute it more to luck. Watching the videos I guess helps those who understand what they are watching in the first place. They really don't impart any knowledge on me since I do not understand complexities of what I'm watching.

I guess I will just have to stick it out and try to pay attention. Also, everyone talks about macros, but I don't understand the concept of macros in an rts game o_0

Anybody else going to get SC2 and play at launch?

Comments

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

I will play it off and on.   I will buy it at launch as I have it pre ordered, but im in no rush to finish it. 

• MiffyMiffy Member Posts: 244

I'll play it for the story but I find the Multiplayer really boring, COH is better.

• pepsi1028pepsi1028 Member Posts: 471

I'll wait for reviews.....and then I'll strike

†Pepsi1028†

PEPSI!!!!!
    Get out of your box already...

• Oh yeah. I'll probably play through the campaign with a cowboy hat on and a cigar in my mouth, which is significant because I don't smoke at all. I shall also refuse to answer to anything but "Jimmy" for the duration. I may even get a Confederate flag for my car, and be confused why people think my Starcraft swag is racist.

• Dimas3333Dimas3333 Member UncommonPosts: 36

Preordered the game (The only preorder I've ever done in my life) and played the beta for months with people I know. I'm definately playing this game, getting back to diamond league then beating the campaign with all the achievements before continuing to farm points.

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Meh, I'll wait until it's in the bargain bin.

SC1 is overhyped and no better than alternatives released around the same time, and SC2 looks to be a rehash of the same concepts with flashy new, and yet surprisingly lackluster graphics. I'll wait until I can buy the full game, meaning all three campaigns, for a reasonable price rather than shelling out $50 for each third of the game.

• generals3generals3 Member Posts: 3,307

I won't buy it. I have never been a fan of SC, i guess because back at SC1 era i was a C&C fan . And the reason why i won't buy SC2 now is because i still enjoy CoH and consider worth a lot more strategy/tactic wise.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
    Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.

• XciserXciser Member UncommonPosts: 102

I played Beta a lot and had over 100 games with zerg.  I thought the leagues were stupid and the races seem imbalanced.  I.E Void Rays mass wins. Custom games might be worth it but not enough for me.  Im probably sitting this one out.

• VizzaVizza Member Posts: 32

It's not macros like In mmo's where you sort of do some programming. In rts there is macro and then there is micro.

As far as I know macro is about how you handle your economy. This involves producing units, making buildings and upgrades.

Micro on the other hand is how you control your troops. If you've played terran, I'm sure you're familiar with those nasty banelings against your marines. Good micro would be to split up your marines to minimize the dmg caused.

• mk123mk123 Member Posts: 1

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

I dont macro in SC2. Dont need to really. And yes i played from launch and currently doing the Campain a second time on Hard setting. 

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981