Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warning: Call to Arms event is NOT active yet!

ZenNatureZenNature Member CommonPosts: 354

There are a lot of MMO sites claiming this Call to Arms event started around August 5th-6th but there is no evidence on the official website or in game that this is currently active or implemented at all. Buyers beware before purchasing/resubscribing! I'd appreciate someone at MMORPG.com or Bioware Mythic getting to the bottom of this and providing an explanation. I'm starting to read about some very upset people that went back expecting the advertised free stuff and feeling scammed out of their money.

Comments

• burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420

Zen,

I am one of those scammed - I bought the full thing and subscribed, looking for my 20,000 gold, armour, ect to find that apparantly "new" character cant get gifts!! I sure hope someone gets thier finger out and fixes this, as in, YESTERDAY!!!

Heres Hoping!

• ZenNatureZenNature Member CommonPosts: 354

Yeah, I saw your other post. It's messed up and needs to be fixed. I hope someone at mmorpg.com is looking in to it.

They did lower the price on Stygian Abyss, but that's the only legitimate change I see listed in the promotion. There's no mention of this 'token' for new or returning players anywhere on the official site in updates or news. 

• Konner920Konner920 Member UncommonPosts: 295

The price lower will help me much, I don't have Stygian Abyss yet. I resubbed before I even knew anything about the call of arms lol.

Latest update that I could find is Bioware Mythic supposedly working on their website to reflect the promotion, and they should be sending out a newsletter with more info. That was as of August 5th. There is still no mention of it on the official website, aside from the price drop.

• AureliusLHAureliusLH Member Posts: 24

Interesting situation.

I'd hope MMORPG are pushing very hard for an interview with EA/Bioware/Mythic to get an explanation of what is going on here, since it's of interest and concern to a lot of mmo players, particularly current and prospective UO players. But on past history, EA will mainly want to cover up any mistakes and will try ignore this until it gets forgotten about.....

Originally posted by AureliusLH

Interesting situation.

I'd hope MMORPG are pushing very hard for an interview with EA/Bioware/Mythic to get an explanation of what is going on here, since it's of interest and concern to a lot of mmo players, particularly current and prospective UO players. But on past history, EA will mainly want to cover up any mistakes and will try ignore this until it gets forgotten about.....

Yeah, that seems to be what they are doing here. There is still no response from my posts on stratics considering the promotion, and no update to their website that the promotion even exists. It can't be that hard to fix if they had actually put any planning in to the idea ahead of time. It also doesn't seem like a prank or mistake when you have UO moderators discussing it in other forums. So what gives?