Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A New Class - Rogue

HieromancerHieromancer Member Posts: 282

Made By: -GW- of the IGN boards..

____________________________________________________________________________________

I know that it's a while before the next GW chapter is released, but me and a friend came up with a class that sound like it fits the game. Yes I am bored...

The class is Rogue, an assassin type character that is living towards the "dark" side of life.

The attributes are:

Stealth (primary only)- Putting points into this attribute will make it so that the Rogue can get into a closer range before it is attackable by long-ranged attacks. Each point can make it so that he gets about 2-3 feet closer before he can be attacked (estimation).

Shadow Mastery- Makes shadow skills more effective.

Dual Wield- Makes duel weapons more affective. Also makes the skills under this attribute more affective.

Agility- Improve the agility skills.

Pressure Points- Improve the effectiveness of pressure point skills.

Some example skills:
I don’t want to put down real numbers, so x=number.

Shadow Mastery:
Shadow Weapon- Turns the weapon into a shadow weapon, causing x-x shadow damage.

Shade- For the next x-x seconds, the Rogue is cloaked in shadow, but cannot deal damage.

Shadow Wrath- A powerful spell, dealing x-x damage

Shadow Feet- Enables running 30% faster for x-x seconds.

Dual Wield:
Combo- A quick sequence of 4 hits but each hit is x-x less damage.

Poison Dagger- Covers the daggers in poison, which makes the opponent poisoned for x-x seconds if hit.

Agility:
Dash- A quick dash towards the enemy, doing x-x damage on contact.

Recovery- For the next x-x seconds, The Rogue can recover 50% faster from knockdowns.

Magic Burn- The Rogue has a x-x% of dodging magic.

Pressure Points:
Heart Attack- Attack the most important point on the body, dealing x-x damage.

Hamstring Stab- Attacks the leg, crippling the enemy for x-x seconds.

Shoulder Slash- Attacks the shoulder, making the opponent deal x-x percent less physical damage.

Head Blunt- The attack puts the enemy into a dazed state for x-x seconds.

Looks:
I don’t really have any specific looks, probably similar to a Ranger. Since every class has its own unique head piece, the Rogue can have a hood.

So that is what I would like to see in the future expansions. The other class I would like to see is a Druid happy
So please, post what you think about this class, cause I hope it catches Arena.net's attention.

Comments

• HelltreeHelltree Member Posts: 3

Sounds very interesting...

I think it could be played well in addition to a mesmer.

• dokahdokah Member Posts: 26

Guild Wars already has a rogue class called the Mesmer -- he doesn't duel wield daggers, but he can do all of those annoying things that rogues are designed to do.

• pompiliupompiliu Member Posts: 29
    hey Hieromance u ever playd Knight Online??/ U sure show know the rogue class from there.

There is no spoon. Enter The Matrix

• dakilla666dakilla666 Member UncommonPosts: 306

Sounds good and all but, I really don't think they are going to create a class that could single handily destroy all other classes in the game lol. I say this because of the skills you described, high-damage, can dodge magic and render melee characters stunned and if that's not enough, can catch up to archers and cripple them as well. Sounds a little too powerful of a build to me and yeah, I think the mesmer is a pretty close class to a rogue, more of a witch hunter but has the same style of play and we can title him as we wish if we feel like, can't we?

Dakilla[666] ~ The Realm ~ Level 1000 enchanter (retired)
    Maranthoric ~ La 4ieme Prophetie ~ Level 160 (5x) HE/Feu (de retour)
    Leonthoric[DDC] ~ EVE online ~ <Fire The "Laser"> (retired)

• RekeriRekeri Member Posts: 55

I don't see the general point in this topic if there's already a class based on Rogues.

I myself prefer rangers and thieves, I prefer to hit, run, then kill, I'm a stealthy kind of person.

• ShumpShump Member Posts: 116

hmm im sure that the next exspanshin well have rogue but well be more balanced then yours

• HieromancerHieromancer Member Posts: 282
    if you guys notice this isnt my idea, it was brought up by a guy on the IGN boards named "-GW-" and it was stated at the top of my post...
  • sog3nsog3n Member Posts: 40
    maybe u should make a suggestion to the staff? they might like the idea, but it might be too late to add a new class cuz its almost done with beta i think image

"Touch me. I'm hawt!"

• FitchFitch Member Posts: 92

I think it would be cool, and I would certainly use it if they were able to implement it. nice idea!

Attitude is no substitute for Competence. ~Eric Raymond

image image image image

• M4L7UZM4L7UZ Member Posts: 20

Yes, i think that would be a great idea, because the more classes, the more variation to guild wars, so the people dont get bored of the characters.

good thinking ::::28::::::28::::::28::::::28::

• punchlinepunchline Member Posts: 544

yeah thats one class that guild wars is lacking
    but the reason that most people are rogues is so they can slay people while they are questing
    and in guild wars that impossible because its just you on the map
    so im giving guild wars a thumb up for not having rogues as a class... ::::20::

It seems to me that to make the game have the most replayability an important fact is having many build/proff options. If you have more builds you can try more thing, taking you longer to have exhausted all things new. Just mho.

image image image image

• SquallyMosesSquallyMoses Member Posts: 23

I would liked to have played a Rogue. Since there isn't one, I toyed with the idea of using a Ranger/Mesmer. Figure it is the closest thing to a Rogue, but never tried it yet. Maybe during the April beta I'll run this combo.::::38::

played it this last korean beta, VERY fun and effective for pve... PvP kinda only use my ranger skills =D
  • ArcticwolfArcticwolf Member Posts: 81
    This game misses one key class in this game. A melee class based on dmg. Warrior is know for the basic tank class and that's where guildwars stops on melee. Personally when I first heard about monk when I knew nothing about this game the first thing that popped to my mind, cool a martial artist class, than I read more about it and figured out it was a healing / devine class ( I was dissapointed ) anyways I do not want to play a tank class or anything related I want to play a harcore DPS melee class which guild wars does not have sadly. So i'll guess I will ahve to go for a hunter not a big fan of the armor class, more of the speedie dmg class =   oh well Elem or hunter for me, though I have a feeling im going to get sick of range.

-ArcticWolf

couple things real quick,

1. dont play this game if you dont like the professions and im not being mean, but if you dont like an  a main aspect of it why would you consider it?

2. rangers are fun but if your a person that likes to deal damage i would consider Mes/Elem because fast casting + high damage = sounds like you

Agreed, elem/nec or vice versa owns PvP at least imho...

image image image image