Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoid this game sadly !!

EranuEranu Member Posts: 191

Despite the piss poor reviews thought id give this a try however to be honest was abit of a waste of time.

The game to be honest is a bit sh1t but the thing that put me off is what a bunch of dicks who are playing it there is zero community spirit.

Seriously they are stereotypical of kids who have spent far too long playing games and not learned social skills or how to interact with others.

Dreadful game experience.....

Greatness is difficult to appreciate from close up. The great mountain on the horizon is only the ground when you are standing on it.

Comments

• PastichePastiche Member Posts: 3

I'd like you to answer a few questions, to ensure that this is not simply a misinformed rant due to a biased personal experience with the game.

Did you make it past the tutorial, and started playing an actual war scenario? (I'm assuming that you most likely did, hence the later questions.)

Which nation did you choose? Was it Cesedria or Netzavare? Neither of those two are very newbie friendly.

During war, were people shouting at you and calling you a "sabo", or was there another reason that you perceived the community as undesirable?

The game has a problem with some of the pre-OBT players, aka. the high-level players of the game, who become extremely frustrated with newbies joining their co-ordinated war efforts and berate them unecessarily. This is especially a concern in large nations such as Cesedria and Hordaine who attract most of the inexperienced players due to their leaders being females.

However, once you enter into an actual corps, regardless of your nationality, you'll find that the community is much more friendly and helpful than it would appear in wars, where the losing side's population becomes aggravated and starts blaming random inexperienced players for all their misfortune. In reality, there are actually a lot of people who want to help new players adjust themselves to the game properly, and ensure they have the best experience possible. Most of them tend to hang out in town, or in the tutorial area though, rather than constantly warring.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

What I've found is that people avoid the tutorials, which will bump you up to level 16 once finished, in order to hop directly into a war scenario and be a crutch to everyone else there. If you don't get the idea of how to use/gain skills, or mine crystals and build structures/summons, then people are going to shittalk you for being *that* impatient - and you are just bringing your side down for having to have it explained to you from scratch while in the middle of land battles.

I've had no problems with the community so far, and this is because I was able to get past the tutorial on all 3 of my characters [before] hopping into a real battle and proving useless to everyone else there. You can even read their forums about how they look down on this - just do the Goddamn tutorials, get to level 16, *then* play for real. The players just seem to have no love for impatient players who demand the game be explained to them during the thick of it all when the tutorials do more than a fine job in explaining it.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• kidoutaikidoutai Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by PasticheWhich nation did you choose? Was it Cesedria or Netzavare? Neither of those two are very newbie friendly.

During war, were people shouting at you and calling you a "sabo", or was there another reason that you perceived the community as undesirable?

The game has a problem with some of the pre-OBT players, aka. the high-level players of the game, who become extremely frustrated with newbies joining their co-ordinated war efforts and berate them unecessarily. This is especially a concern in large nations such as Cesedria and Hordaine who attract most of the inexperienced players due to their leaders being females.

As a veteran from Ces, I take offense to that.  Each nation of course, have their unfriendly/idiot players.  You just tend to run into them more due to the large population.   In fact, I know a lot of Ces players who are willing to help new players if they ask question.  The problem is, the new players don't ever ask anything.

• PastichePastiche Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by kidoutai

Originally posted by PasticheWhich nation did you choose? Was it Cesedria or Netzavare? Neither of those two are very newbie friendly.

As a veteran from Ces, I take offense to that.  Each nation of course, have their unfriendly/idiot players.  You just tend to run into them more due to the large population.   In fact, I know a lot of Ces players who are willing to help new players if they ask question.  The problem is, the new players don't ever ask anything.

No reason to take offense to that, all my mains are in Cesedria as well, ever since CBT. In fact, I defend the community because of what I have seen in Cesedria (the paragraph right after the one you quoted). However, among all the nations, Cesedria and Hordaine beginners receive the most flak, simply because those two are the largest nations and have the most beginners as well as the most undesireable members.

Of course, that is not to say Cesedria or Hordaine have the worst communities, that was the never the intention. The problem solely lies in the fact that those two are the biggest nations, and thus undesireable experiences for new players are also the most likely to befall them in those two nations. Indeed, you even said this yourself, and I agree with you.

• NomoreNomore Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Eranu

Despite the piss poor reviews thought id give this a try however to be honest was abit of a waste of time.

The game to be honest is a bit sh1t but the thing that put me off is what a bunch of dicks who are playing it there is zero community spirit.

Seriously they are stereotypical of kids who have spent far too long playing games and not learned social skills or how to interact with others.

Dreadful game experience.....

I agree completely. I played this game for over a month and have three level 30+ characters in different nations. I've just uninstalled the game because this game has the worst community atmosphere that I've ever encountered and that sadly saps all of the fun out of the game.

The game itself had potential but it's likely that the community will kill the FEZ USA server.