Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runescape talk about addict

Schutzy121Schutzy121 Member Posts: 58

I find Runescape very fun when you start but unfortunately very boring at a high lvl and I can't figure out why...?

YOU JUST GOT SCHUTZED

Comments

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Who is the addict in the title then?

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• Sodapop554Sodapop554 Member Posts: 9

RuneScape is very addicting yes, even with all their idiotic updates I still play the game on a regular basis. I became a member about a year before all the bad updates started. Thus I'm playing the game with that current mindset, trying to do things within the game in the old manner as much as possible.

I think the answer to your question can simple be that in a community where there's constant competition it's impossible to quit. Let's say you loved soccer but got bored of it, if the competetion was tough and you had the ability to gain a lot of reconignation from succeeding you'd probably continue to play it reguardless of how boring it became.

Soda666 (In Game)

• TanonTanon Member UncommonPosts: 176

Originally posted by Schutzy121

I find Runescape very fun when you start but unfortunately very boring at a high lvl and I can't figure out why...?

It's not boring at a high level, it's boring at ALL levels. Click a mob, go to the bathroom, come back, click another mob, go get a snack, click another mob, eat the snack, etc.

Retarded combat system, horrible graphics, immature community... this game truly has zero merits. Unless, of course, you're 7 years old, then it's wonderful.

The best thing to do is to give away or sell your account (with selling being the more profitable of the two). Just trying to stop doesn't help because you still have your account and it is still accessible to you. By giving it away or selling it, you would have to start from scratch and that would keep you away from it. The only thing that is keeping you back is nostalgia (or having epic gearzz) so if you get rid of that you'll never look back.

• Schutzy121Schutzy121 Member Posts: 58

Ya it's like you're doing the same thing over and over again when you play Runescape. I don't know how to explain it.

YOU JUST GOT SCHUTZED

If you try ot sell your account it's a pretty good idea but if Runescape finds out about it then your account is completely deleted.

YOU JUST GOT SCHUTZED

• TanonTanon Member UncommonPosts: 176

If you try ot sell your account it's a pretty good idea but if Runescape finds out about it then your account is completely deleted.

Which doesn't matter as you're not the owner anymore.

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

Ya it's like you're doing the same thing over and over again when you play Runescape. I don't know how to explain it.

i hate games where you do the same thing over and over - wait, hold on, i gotta go kill 10 more murlocks for this quest.  damn, i just killed 20 of those....oh what was i saying?  oh ya runescape is so stupid like that.  glad i switched.

Tazlor just explained everything I meant.

YOU JUST GOT SCHUTZED

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Originally posted by Tazlor

i hate games where you do the same thing over and over - wait, hold on, i gotta go kill 10 more murlocks for this quest.  damn, i just killed 20 of those....oh what was i saying?  oh ya runescape is so stupid like that.  glad i switched.

It is mindless time consuming repetition. Nothingdifficult, just time consuming. Taking longer to do something does not = challenging.

Itr is a shame too, Runescape could be a decent game with some changes, but Jagex doesn't care to listen to reason, they just tell you " that is not for Runescape." when you offer real solutions.

I actually played Runescape today and for my opinion the hiker fell of the mountain for this game.

YOU JUST GOT SCHUTZED

• popcorn2199popcorn2199 Member Posts: 52

In Runescape you are always leveling up. Whether you're cooking, fishing, chopping down trees, fighting, pickpocketing ect..... Everything you do in the game revolves around leveling up. Shopping for armor to make you stronger in a fight. Its just a repetetive game. Even a game lke pokemon is less repetetive.

-popcorn2199