Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wheres my free stuff? I just bought and signed up a new account!!

burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420

I was led to believe that if I got a new UO account, I would get 20,000 gold, a set of armour , mount, ect, as per the annoucment ä call to arms, here on MMORPG.COM. I bought the Stygian Abyss and signed up , and once in game, it says no new character can recieve gifts!! WTF?!?! MMORPG, please rectify this with Mythic!!

Comments

• ZenNatureZenNature Member CommonPosts: 354

Just want to make sure, have you ever played UO in the past or tried the trial? I'm curious if it is something buggy with their system recognizing prior accounts associated with name or email instead of looking at new account usernames.

By my interpretation, you should be able to create a new account under a prior email and still get this promotion but they might be thinking differently. It could be disqualifying people for the promotion according to it's prereqs, or are you able to see the token on the account and just not able to claim it? I forget how the promo claiming works, but I believe it should tell you there are no promotions available on your account instead of what you described.

The Bioware Mythic account management is pretty horrible so it wouldn't surprise me if it was more issues with creating new accounts under old email addresses. Just another reason not to subscribe unfortunately -_- I miss Origin.

• ZenNatureZenNature Member CommonPosts: 354

I found some responses from one of the Bioware Mythic producers on stratics.com.

It basically says they are working on updating the website to reflect the event (lol?), and a newsletter should go out soon with more clarification on how it works. At least it appears a legit promotion, even though they failed to mention it on their own website before anywhere else -_- After it's all updated, I think worst case scenario Burdock is you'll have to open a trouble ticket with EA to fix it.

Edit: I removed the link to the stratics post because honestly most of the conversation deteriorated in to an argument between several people and a moderator over how people handle things and interpret/criticize Bioware Mythic/EA's mistakes. I wouldn't wish that headache of a thread on anyone lol