Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whose your favorite mmorpg company

Im not sure how many posts have been about this, but i havent seen any as of late.

please be sure to add devolpers that i do not list, and if anyone can make a more.. complete list please do so.

i tried to get all the "big boys" in the poll.

Comments

• CervethCerveth Member Posts: 97

Origin.

Not EA's Origin. But, the original pre-EA Origin.

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

I'm not going to vote, because my fav company is Mythic. They are the ones who made Dark Age of Camelot.

• n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926

Sigil

image image

• TooL-D-TooL-D- Member CommonPosts: 126

ID Software! Only people who have a clue about PvP it seems.. other than Wolfpack..

• KomicKeeperKomicKeeper Member Posts: 15

I'll have to go with SOE, but honestly, I have no idea who half of those companies are. mabye I'm just uninformed.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

SOE since start of 2005, as they really make an effort now with Blizzard as competition.

Blizzard had a good start but has not done enough yet to be considered the best ( still wait for important patches, server problems still, bugs, Customer service problems).

I suggest you add CCP to the poll, the makers of EVE Online. They would be my number one.

Have fun

Erillion

• q2ndwardq2ndward Member Posts: 1
    Is Planet White Games a MMORPG Company??... I would like to know guys, coz they are the one who created my favorite RPG game which is the RYL NA version path of the emperor...
  • ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by TooL-D-
    ID Software! Only people who have a clue about PvP it seems.. other than Wolfpack..

Umm.... ID software doesn't publish an MMORPG goofball :)

And I would like to chime in with others. CCP makes EVE online. Might want to add it.

I would have to say my fav is SOE. Blizzard is riding on name alone right now. I suspect if you take this poll again in 3-4 months you'll see Blizzard's numbers drop drastically. WoW is one of the most mis-managed MMO releases I've ever seen. Even AO's release wasn't this messed up 4 months into it.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• DuckyDucky Member Posts: 413
    Funcom! :P

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

I have a few.....

SoE:
    everquest
    -39 Wood elf warroior
    -45 Wood elf Ranger
    Everquest II
    -Haven't played due to technical difficultys

Blizzard
    Warcraft III-Reign of chaos
    -lvl 11 1200+ win 400+ losses
    Warcraft III-Frozen throne
    -lvl 7 30 wins 50 loses(I couldn't get the grasp of FT

NC soft
    I personally like
    -Lineage II
    lvl 16 Human Fighter( been out of town and i jsut started playing)
    -City of heroes
    lvl 13 Katana/Dark armor Scrapper
    like 23482309 alts (I love this game and its customization...waiting for CoV)

Mythic
    DAoC
    26 Paladin
    bunch alts...(love teh crafting system in this game.)

O and i forgot who made Horizons...I think it was Atari???

Well I thought horizons was an awesome game...and I;m not sure if anyone still plays at all but I loved that game and would love to play it again.

I liek so many companies cause I think each has somehting good to offer in there own ways. Andyou jsut have to find it within you to look for it andactually find it. But I mean maybe this is jsut me.

---------------------------------------------
    WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage
    -Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
    "If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura

• HebrewBombHebrewBomb Member UncommonPosts: 520

Pizza Hot, McMuffin, NC, Blizz in that order .....

• LreguizrLreguizr Member Posts: 207

You forgot to add Netdevil to the list.

Originally posted by tu_uilwen
    BlizzardWarcraft III-Reign of chaos-lvl 11 1200+ win 400+ lossesWarcraft III-Frozen throne-lvl 7 30 wins 50 loses(I couldn't get the grasp of FT

Ummm you do realize that neither of those titles are MMORPG's right? The only MMORPG that Blizzard has produced is WoW which has major stability issues as well as bug and balance issues.

Sig image Pending

• jackman11118jackman11118 Member Posts: 399
    sorry, you can only add 10 choices to the list. i tried to get as many "big name" companies as i could.

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

Originally posted by jackman11118
    sorry, you can only add 10 choices to the list. i tried to get as many "big name" companies as i could.

I honestly do not consider many of those big name companies.  Nevrax has SoR which is tiny.  Maybe they have other even worse games that I have not heard of.  Cryptic Studios has CoH.  A fairly popular game, but at its best barely had over half the population that DAOC has.

It is too late now, but I would say if you wanted to really know then you ought to pick the 10 developers of the most populated mmorpgs.  If you do not know which ones they are, you can pick them up from mmogchart.com 

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

Originally posted by Elnator

Originally posted by tu_uilwen

BlizzardWarcraft III-Reign of chaos-lvl 11 1200+ win 400+ lossesWarcraft III-Frozen throne-lvl 7 30 wins 50 loses(I couldn't get the grasp of FT

Ummm you do realize that neither of those titles are MMORPG's right? The only MMORPG that Blizzard has produced is WoW which has major stability issues as well as bug and balance issues.

yeah you do know i was putting hte games ilike from thecompany right???

WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage
    -Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
    "If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura

• JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500

This is off topic, but can't let others spout lies without addressing them.

Wow does not have bug or balance issues, and the stability issues were limited to certain servers which have now been rectified.

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

• jaslar18jaslar18 Member Posts: 24
    Well, i do love blizzard, although i must say that i like Mindark a lot( their the ones who made Project Entropia)
  • ObiyerObiyer Member Posts: 511

I vote for Monolith because they dare to do the new and original. We need more MMO developers like them.

• DrimacusDrimacus Member Posts: 82

Turbine for AC and CRS for WWIIOL..

You should consider adding Turbine, since they made AC, AC2, and are currently making MEO and DOD.

• FalconoffuryFalconoffury Member Posts: 555

Turbine Entertainment Software is second only to Sony Online Entertainment in the number of retail MMOGs out and in development. That should easily be a mainstream company with 4 games. Check out their website.

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

Ncsoft

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

Originally posted by Falconoffury
    Turbine Entertainment Software is second only to Sony Online Entertainment in the number of retail MMOGs out and in development. That should easily be a mainstream company with 4 games. Check out their website.

Except that AC's population is under 100k and AC2 was a complete flop. What's the 3rd game they have out? I forget.

Sig image Pending

• FalconoffuryFalconoffury Member Posts: 555

Except that AC's population is under 100k and AC2 was a complete flop. What's the 3rd game they have out? I forget.

AC2 was rough going for a while, but AC and AC2 each have an expansion pack coming out in May 11, so neither game is going away any time soon.

Both games still have enough players to get the big quests done, and the quality of players is very high, if not the total numbers.