Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragonn Nest open beta(CH)

errboerrbo Member Posts: 2

the SDO announce The Open Beta will star on July 22. anyone interesting? you can clink here get the downloading adress and How to   Register? we got MSN group((http://gmbase.groups.live.com/) you can join and discuss with me.

my MSN is [email protected]

Comments

• thelawoflogicthelawoflogic Member UncommonPosts: 788

can i join

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I want to join you all too. Can you help me get signed up?

• PreponerancePreponerance Member Posts: 295

This game is hella fun. I can't speak a lick of Chinese and having a blast playing it.  It's possibly due to the fact that I can't understand all the bullshit in channel chat so I don't even bother looking at it.  I use google translator to tell the other players I need a bio/drink and that I'm using a translator so they understand the language barrier.  Can't copy and paste their chat so I have no idea what they are saying.  Coolest thing about the players in China, most are friendly. They will randomly give you items out of their bag that you can use. 

Seriously easy if anyone has ever play ANY mmo you can figure this out.

Played 2 classes Archer (lvl 8) and Mage (lvl 9) guess that's what they are called. 

Movements good, UI resizable.  Once you get to the Abyssal mode becomes a real challange solo.

I joined a guild, grouped up with a few people and just kicked some monsters asses.  I considers these games like doing Dungeon Finder in WoW, Skirmishes in LoTRO, fast paced Guild Wars.  Lately I just want to kill shit and not run 2.5k meters to find the mob I need to kill and hopefully someone else isn't camping the spot.

• apqooapqoo Member UncommonPosts: 11

I'm playing on the CN servers as well. And I am very surprised by how polished this game is. The graphics are very good and sound effects are great as well. I love my mage's evil laughs when she steps on fallen mobs!

After trying Divine Souls (which is also F2P and basically shares the same concepts, but different art styles), I can say Dragon Nest is miles ahead. In DS, there are only a handful of quests and ONE dungeon to start with, and all you can do is grind it over and over until you level up. In Dragon Nest, however, you get access to many dungeons quickly and a large number quests to do (I'm level 16 and have yet to run out of quests).

Now I could go on and on about the gameplay, but I'm lazy, so I'll just say: this is a great game :)

I'm just a little puzzled to find, right now, it seems not many people are interested in playing on foreign servers. When compared to, say, before Aion came to North America, there was a huge English community on Aion CN servers. The current pre-release English CN community for DN is a lot smaller (a few are on Steparu forums, if you want to join up). I guess mainly it is due to the lack of hype.

Of course, playing on CN server has its down sides, and I cannot wait for Nexon to bring the game to NA.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Is this game strictly lobby based like Divine Souls and Guild Wars? Is there a world to fool around in kind of like Dragonica?

Does this game have gamepad support atm? I'm interested in trying this because I'm reluctant to spend the money to get a continent of the ninth account, and Vindictus said no to my sexiness.

• PreponerancePreponerance Member Posts: 295

Originally posted by apqoo

I'm playing on the CN servers as well. And I am very surprised by how polished this game is. The graphics are very good and sound effects are great as well. I love my mage's evil laughs when she steps on fallen mobs!

After trying Divine Souls (which is also F2P and basically shares the same concepts, but different art styles), I can say Dragon Nest is miles ahead. In DS, there are only a handful of quests and ONE dungeon to start with, and all you can do is grind it over and over until you level up. In Dragon Nest, however, you get access to many dungeons quickly and a large number quests to do (I'm level 16 and have yet to run out of quests).

Now I could go on and on about the gameplay, but I'm lazy, so I'll just say: this is a great game :)

I'm just a little puzzled to find, right now, it seems not many people are interested in playing on foreign servers. When compared to, say, before Aion came to North America, there was a huge English community on Aion CN servers. The current pre-release English CN community for DN is a lot smaller (a few are on Steparu forums, if you want to join up). I guess mainly it is due to the lack of hype.

Of course, playing on CN server has its down sides, and I cannot wait for Nexon to bring the game to NA.

It's because everyone is mostly on the Korean servers now =D

Is this game strictly lobby based like Divine Souls and Guild Wars?  Is there a world to fool around in kind of like Dragonica?  

Does this game have gamepad support atm? I'm interested in trying this because I'm reluctant to spend the money to get a continent of the ninth account, and Vindictus said no to my sexiness.

Yes for lobby, no on your second question.

Not sure about pad support =/

Originally posted by helthros

Is this game strictly lobby based like Divine Souls and Guild Wars?

Yes, basically in towns you group up with other players, then go to instances. There are no open world areas with monsters. I believe Mabinogi Heros (Vindictus) is like this too. This must be a trend or something in F2P games....

Originally posted by helthros

There seems to be gamepad support in key mappings, but I cannot verify how well it works because I do not have a gamepad.

By the way, the "real" CN Open Beta is starting tomorrow, after downtime. Level cap will be raised to 32.

If I get bored enough one of these days I might give it a shot. I saw some youtube on it and the gameplay seemed pretty smooth. Are classes gender locked? Does it get challenging or is it just button mash to victory every time?

Yes, the classes are gender locked. It starts pretty easy and you can solo most early contents. But after a while it can get pretty challenging depending on the difficulty (easy, normal, hard, master, abyss) you choose. You can dodge enemy's attacks and there are also some light platforming, puzzles and traps in some maps - nothing serious like Tomb Raider, but it keeps the game refreshing and fun.

Originally posted by apqoo

Yes, the classes are gender locked. It starts pretty easy and you can solo most early contents. But after a while it can get pretty challenging depending on the difficulty (easy, normal, hard, master, abyss) you choose. You can dodge enemy's attacks and there are also some light platforming, puzzles and traps in some maps - nothing serious like Tomb Raider, but it keeps the game refreshing and fun.

I take it you're playing? Do you know Chinese? If not, how is life in the game without knowing Chinese? lol

• luuxxluuxx Member UncommonPosts: 9

Not to bad if you patch it to english.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

Anyone got a fresh link for downloading and maybe registration?

Cheers, I would luv to have a look at this game.