Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you be playing Everquest 2 Extended?

12346»

Comments

• ZenNatureZenNature Member CommonPosts: 354

Originally posted by gauge2k3

I think for one of the first times ever SOE may damage themselves more than the players.  They think people are too stupid to do the math or at least read about the math from other people.

It will cost MORE money to play the f2p version.  Sure they will use the extended to try the game, but once they realize the price for all the stuff they need to be successfull they will probbaly just go to live servers or quit.

I think all the development time for this will be worthless to SOE unless they dramatically change the RETARDED restrictions involved.

This is like saying, "Yea sure WoW is F2P now, but you can't do any thing past scarlet monestary unless you pay money."

EDIT:  I'm not saying F2P is a bad idea and I support it to get EQ2 revenue.  But in it's current incarnation it is stupid and waste of money.  To Think F2P is a waste of money....kinda ironic.

It could be a waste of money after it's all said and done, and SOE discovers no actual benefit from what they did. It will NOT cost more money to play the F2P version if people can do the math or at least read about the math from other people, like you stated. People can figure out that IF they like it enough to put money on it, that it might be better if they just go out and buy SF and subscribe to the full game. Nobody is forcing new players to pay the F2P prices or buy cash shop items.

• gauge2k3gauge2k3 Member Posts: 442

Originally posted by ZenNature

Originally posted by just1opinion

Exactly.

Not like if you LIKE the game, that leaving a lvl 20 (or so) character behind and starting on the paid server would be that big of a goshdern deal to lose all those silly restrictions, now, would it?  Nope.

That is how I was hoping it will all turn out, but honestly the way people are talking here, I'm seeing more damage being done by the predictions of what will/might/could happen than reactions to what has actually happened. You see people unsubbing because they hate the idea, arguing that it is the foretelling of cash shops in the rest of the game, and the death of all regular servers, etc. etc.... That might well be, but I'm just surprised at how many people are ragequiting before the outcome they say is making them angry has even happened yet. Sounds like Minority Report in here, with everyone discussing how SOE killed EQ2, in the near future. 

SWG was one thing. The NGE happened, then lots of people got pissed off and left. SOE deserved that, and the reaction made sense. With EQ2X, we haven't even seen the final version of it yet and people are already quitting. Even arguing about the subscriber matrix is irrelevant because any and all of us can just stick with our regular sub as if it never happened. It's like that dev said, if there is a mass exodus to EQ2X then it will show it was a good idea. If there isn't and people stay on reg servers, then SOE will be the only ones to lose the time and money they invested on it. Instead, players are shooting their self in the foot by quitting because an alternate method of play was introduced. Things are just being blown out of proportion.

All I think is it'll be nice to have the option of playing a F2P character with similar limitations that I face in any other F2P, or pay to play my normal characters with a sub like I would've done anyway if the F2P wasn't introduced. I get to try out a new way of playing it and see if I like it. If not, then I lose nothing and go back to the way things were. 

You can't have a REP like SOE's and not have customers get mad easily.  They did clearly state EQ2 would never have a cash shop.  As much as I am for a cash shop F2P option (just not this one) they are a bad company, and abuse their customers heavily.

Also anyone can tell you SONY is a money mongrel.  Go to best buy and look at ay SONY product.  It claims twice as much, cost double, and actually does half.

• ZenNatureZenNature Member CommonPosts: 354

Originally posted by gauge2k3

You can't have a REP like SOE's and not have customers get mad easily.  They did clearly state EQ2 would never have a cash shop.  As much as I am for a cash shop F2P option (just not this one) they are a bad company, and abuse their customers heavily.

Also anyone can tell you SONY is a money mongrel.  Go to best buy and look at ay SONY product.  It claims twice as much, cost double, and actually does half.

I know, and I fully agree with you. I think people are blowing it out of proportion in the same sense that people are getting mad about this too easily because of their rep. In some ways it is justified. In other ways, it's unnecessary.

I also like the current cash shop for adding some cool things, even though I'd probably never spend the money on any of it. Technically, it does still add free content to the game because I get to enjoy seeing it around the world on people I group with or pass by. I'm not the kind of person that needs it to enjoy it, so when SOE chooses to add something like cosmetic pets/mounts/costumes, I am all for it. If they changed the common subscription model to a more expensive one, then I'll be annoyed. I really like the fact they left that alone.

edit: just clarifying the 1st line

• Mellow44Mellow44 Member Posts: 599

I will try it out but I will never pay the $200 for a year sub.

And I don't think that I will pay the $10 either.

All those memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

• purewitzpurewitz Member UncommonPosts: 489

I'll give it a spin. Never played it before and nothing will be stopping me now. I really hope Star Wars Galaxies gets this treatment next.

When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I find it funny, that for 74 bucks i can get my account on live for 6 months.  Thats 148 bucks a year.

You would have to be crazy to spend 200 bucks for a year subscription to a so called Free to Play game!!!

So no I will not be playing their free to play game,  why in the world would I want to get on servers like that and pay the extra charge just to have more of a cash shop than is already in place.