Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Planes of Telara: Darkening Deeps Fly Through Video

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion Worlds has released the latest Rift: Planes of Telara zone preview. This time, the Darkening Deeps, a festering goblin hole filled with spiders and other such underground denizens. While short, the video shows off a lot of interesting terrain and gives viewers a close up look at the enemies found in the zone.

Click the image below to watch the video at sister site GamerTube.com:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540

This game looks awesome, I was on there website watching them talk about all the stuff they are creating and implamenting, anyone know when this goes into beta? I soo cant wait to try this, .

playing eq2 and two worlds

• NoobkilarNoobkilar Member Posts: 175

I was worried it was going to be more asianish type look. But so far I am impressed with the look. It will be a good pairing with SWTOR looking more "cartoony" and this more real life fantasy. SO people will have 2 good options atleast this coming winter.

• RipclawRipclaw Member UncommonPosts: 190

Wow, Looks really damn good. Reminds me of Oblivion even, the looks and feel. Very nice. Can't wait to play it. Along with Guild Wars 2, SW: The Old Republic, TERA Online, and Blade & Soul. No idea how I'll ever get the time to play them all though. ; )

• Osias000Osias000 Member Posts: 110

Every zone they come out with looks great. As long as character movement is fluid, and combat is exciting, paired with these zones this game will be amazing. The class system is very interesting as well, and can only become better as the game moves along.

"cinnamon buns"
    - Pickles

• AriocArioc Member Posts: 299

This is the next game on my radar. It has a quality I've been eagerly awaiting in a game both astheticly and in it's design.

Arioc Murkwood
    Environment Artist
    Sad but true.

• ForceQuitForceQuit Member Posts: 350

So far, so good.  Let's see, we have:

* Both open world and instanced dungeons

* Dungeons have dynamic content

* Scale to difficulty and unlock more content as you level

* Look to have interesting and complex layout; not a linear 5 hallways and a boss

* Different difficulty modes

* Are rich in lore

* Quests given at entrance

Sounds good to me.  Here's hoping Trion can deliver a fun and polished game.

• VexeVexe Member Posts: 549

Originally posted by Noobkilar

I was worried it was going to be more asianish type look. But so far I am impressed with the look. It will be a good pairing with SWTOR looking more "cartoony" and this more real life fantasy. SO people will have 2 good options atleast this coming winter.

Why were you worried it would look asianish? And I love a good dark fantasy.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I dont like the dark look but overall the game looks great. I will keep and eye on this one.