Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It WAS Great, Now...

SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

The game has been killed by what we call "Bulkers" these people spend thousands of US dollars (no joke) to become top players. They added something called potency a while back where however good your gear is that is how much potency you have. This effects how much damage you do to people and how much you take. The game is horrible now. You can't do anything without real life money. I played from Conquer 1.0(when it was a god like pvp game) and i quit a while back because you can never get ahead. I have two 2nd RBS, 3 first rbs and countless 110+ non rbs. I say avoid the game from an experienced players POV. Don't be lured in by this "classic server" bs either because there is nothing classic about it at all. Hell it's not even a 2.0 server. Conquer deserves to die and TQ can wallow in their mistake.

Edit:

Also let me clear this up.
Potency/Battle Power.
Damage Reduction: The ultimate function of Battle Power is damage reduction. When you are attacked by a player with lower Battle Power than you, the damage is greatly reduced. Conversely, when your Battle Power is higher than your rival's, your damage is increased.
For example a player with say 160-200 battle power (the average non bulkers battle power) vs 300+ BP(average bulker BP) "the character with higher Battle Power wins nine out of ten times. It is a very reliable measure of your battle worthiness." straight from CO's site. As a non bulker it is hard to reach past +6 on your gear, get second sockets, and pay for title. Also reaching lvls past 130 takes years unless you bulk lvl.(Yes you can pay real life money to lvl your character without killing anything).

Please if you want to prove me wrong on how this is a better system then the old way please feel free.

From Co Forums:

"Why would ANYONE want to come back to this game?

I think it's TQ's way of trying to get yet even more money."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It seems to me that they fail to see all(excuse me) ALL of the problems with their game. Unbalanced classes, unbalanced skills, unbalanced items, shit bricks drop rates, no ways of making money in-game besides botting 24/7.
Fix the problems, THEN ask the vets to come back"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"well if tq wants players to stay and bring old back stop upgrading new shit to make bulkers even stronger and keep stuff as it is now if u cant do anything. else..-

i mean seriously soon there will be 400 bp or even more and more more crap...and only bulkers will manage to get it done so the weaker players will realize its useless to fight since u cant do a shit and give up."
tons more where that came from thats from 1 thread and i only went through 2 pages.

http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=653677&page=2

Comments

• AndyLeeAndyLee Member Posts: 230

i play this game since 2008, dunno why ppl hates it so much. as far as i see, TQ is trying to make their game better, they keep updating to make game alive. and for the bulk stuff, that is the most ridiculous thing that i have ever heared, nobody forces you to pay, it is your choice. and it is the ppl who paied supports the game. enough is enough.

stop QQing.

/facepalm

• TanonTanon Member UncommonPosts: 176

Originally posted by deathlylink

I have two 2nd RBS, 3 first rbs and countless 110+ non rbs. I say avoid the game from an experienced players POV.

Can I has your stuffs?

• eoughueoughu Member Posts: 3

intelligentOriginally posted by AndyLee

i play this game since 2008, dunno why ppl hates it so much. as far as i see, TQ is trying to make their game better, they keep updating to make game alive. and for the bulk stuff, that is the most ridiculous thing that i have ever heared, nobody forces you to pay, it is your choice. and it is the ppl who paied supports the game. enough is enough.

stop QQing.

/facepalm

Yeah, no one forces you to pay, but when there's an option to pay your way to the top and systems in place such as potency, why the fuck would you even want to play the game unless you intend to spend shit loads of money.  Yeah you can grind a little wealth, but you will never be able to catch up with the bulkers.

The focus of the game is PVP and it wasn't always gear that made you great, there was an amount of skill you needed for that.  TQ figured out pretty fast that if you increase the importance of gear then there would be plenty of people willing to pay to skip skill.

Yeah, you don't HAVE to pay for anything.  You don't HAVE to be able to kill anyone either.

I'd have gladly payed a subscription had they not fucked the game so hard.

And does adding "stop QQing /facepalm" to the end of your post really make your argument look that much more intelligent?

EDIT:  Oh, and you can fucking pay your way out of bot jail for cheating.

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

Originally posted by AndyLee
    stop QQing.
    /facepalm

You have been playing since 2008, that means you have no idea what im talking about. You didnt play on release 1.0, or even 2.0. I never said anyone was forcing you to pay did I? Your probably a low level who doesn't have a clue about the game, or your one of the mention bulkers. Get on COs forum and see how many people would agree with me and disagree with you.

I love when people say "QQ" its probably the gayest thing ever haha gtfo

• lingceapucklingceapuck Member UncommonPosts: 63

Originally posted by deathlylink

stop QQing.

/facepalm

You have been playing since 2008, that means you have no idea what im talking about. You didnt play on release 1.0, or even 2.0. I never said anyone was forcing you to pay did I? Your probably a low level who doesn't have a clue about the game, or your one of the mention bulkers. Get on COs forum and see how many people would agree with me and disagree with you.

I love when people say "QQ" its probably the gayest thing ever haha gtfo

So true deathlylink . Conquer 1 was also my first mmo and i enjoyed it for about 2-3  years(in the neamtime it turned to 2.0) untill the lotto thing popped out and things got downhill from there...so i quit and moved to cabal i think.This TQ digital is the company i hate most but i like their economy skils even if it ruined Conquer.

• stalker989stalker989 Member UncommonPosts: 34

stop QQing.

/facepalm

This is an old post that I am responding to, but I feel that anyone who doesn't want to waste their time needs to read it. The only people that want not bulking customer to play are scammers, hackers or bulkers, so that they have more targets. TQ turned this game into an ATM for their company with no way to enjoy the game (even minding your own business) without spending thousands of real dollars to get better equipment to protect your character in the game.

I have a 130-125 trojan-trojan character that got beat by a lvl 105 character because he paid for scammed or hacked better gear than me. Don't waste your time, unless you are bringing buckets of cash with you to the game (or if you enjoying scamming or hacking players).

• TheJuggTheJugg Member Posts: 7

stop QQing.

/facepalm

Um, this game was ruined by '08 so I don't know how you would have an opinion on how bad it is now. Kinda reminds me of a 12 year old talking about "Back in his day". I played this game since it released in '04 and it is NOTHING like what it is now. The market used to be comprised of shops that you could buy items at for GOLD! There was no lottery, no one had better than a +8, and there certainly wasn't a separation of strength based on strength. I remember killing a level 120 trojan with my level 45 archer cause I had a super +5 2SDG bow and a super +4 1soc 1SDG ring. I was OP as hell. Now that kind of item is given away as a level up gift.

Even the + system is a joke now. Back in good ol' CO1.0 you had to farm +1s, and mine for gems. None of this shopping mall BS. I would say the game has gone down the toilet, but that happened long ago. Now it's so far gone it's dissolved into the ocean, made into precipitation, filtered through the ground, and is in what ever the hell you're drinking right now. 

To anyone THINKING about trying this game, please save yourself the disappointment. This game and pretty much all private servers are just looking to make a buck now.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,007

Back when it was first released $300 in and 1.5 years later I found out to stay away from this game. Gave away all my stuff and deleted my character. Never looked back since. Plus I got stalked by someone who got me kicked out a guild I liked being in which kind of helped my permanant decision to not go back.

Still though, good times apart from how it ended. I looked on the server I used to play about 6 months ago and noticed most of the people around were in that same guild so I guess the owner ended up getting one of her goals of being number one of if not well known. Don't miss plvl'ing others or paying for dballz and mets.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.