Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just a quick question about the launcher

stanhopestanhope Member Posts: 6

Hey, I began downloading the launcher the other day and it took too long, so I got it from Gamershell. The launcher didn't open, so I uninstalled and deleted it and I have come back to the site's launcher.

I finally have all four parts downloaded. When I started up the first part it just worked without the other three, so I was wondering; Do I even need the other three?

Thanks x

Comments

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Originally posted by stanhope

Hey, I began downloading the launcher the other day and it took too long, so I got it from Gamershell. The launcher didn't open, so I uninstalled and deleted it and I have come back to the site's launcher.

I finally have all four parts downloaded. When I started up the first part it just worked without the other three, so I was wondering; Do I even need the other three?

Thanks x

It should require all 4 parts. All the files are packaged into 4 seperate parts, and when you unpack the first 1 it automatically does the others too. Unpacking the 1st one might have seemed to work, but most likely it will not actually install the game properly and allow you to play.

Also, once you get it installed and launch the game, the login screen/launcher will be in all (i think) Korean. Just let the game patch itself completely (might take a couple hours depending on connection speed), and once the patch finishes click the "Language" button at the bottom and change it to North America for English, or whichever language you prefer. Also you may have some performance issues if you dont turn some settings down, specifically the Lighting and the Environmental Texture Detail.

And last setting you need to know about.... When youre actually in the game you can acces the main menu / options by pressing 'O', then at the very bottom there is a checkbox for "Particle". Click the box to put the checkmark in and turn particle effects off. There are certain areas of the game where not changing the Particle option will cause pretty sever lag, and several people have issues with instant crashes as soon as they enter certain areas / zones due to this.

Anyway, if youre looking for a good server, i suggest getting on Letorn. Most populated server, definitely stay away from Sparta as there are probably only about 100 semi-active players on the server and they will likely be doing a server merge very soon. If you need any more help ask, or look me up ingame, my name on there is Kaisergod, and guild is FML, so if you see any of us around just ask for some help.

Also a couple other tips for chatting:

If you press "T" it changes your chat box and allows you to change chat settings by clicking the little button that looks like a gear to the elft sid eof the chat box. You will want to UNCHECK certain things there such as PT Message, Map chat (bots/gold sellers tend to spam map chat, everyone talks in ALL chat instead anyway).

For talking in chat:

type /all to use all chat, however you msut be level 30+ to use it (wont take you long to get there)

the trade chat is split into 2 parts: /buy and /sell use either of these to talk to everyone if needed before you hit 30, however it will require 1k CP (currency) each time, 1k is practically nothing though

you can whisper/PM people by typing /name, so for example to PM me it would be /Kaisergod

You may also see some folks talking in bright blue colors and it will say "Race" before what they say, that is Race chat and can only be used by Archons (race leaders) to communicate with the rest of the race at all times. Those guys are some of our top players and lead the entire race during chip war, pvp, pitbosses, etc so pay attention to those guys.

• cichiceancichicean Member UncommonPosts: 18

I couldn't get past the 1433 updates. I got some errors while updting from time to time, clicked RETRY, it continued to update until it suddenly closed at around 200+ updates. It takes a looooooooooong time to update and you WILL errors. If the launcher closes while updating, you have to start all over again from zero.