Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Winners of AoC Contest

HersaintHersaint Member UncommonPosts: 366

Hi everyone,

Since this site gave away like 50 subscriptions to AoC, I was wondering if anyone wanted to start a guild for all the new people , like me. I got a 90 day and have never played before. I would be interested in lvling up and getting into a guild city/fort construction. Just looking for a team to get started with AoC. Let me know when they start sending out the prizes too.

Excited to try out Rise of the Godslayer as well.

Comments

• HersaintHersaint Member UncommonPosts: 366

Hmmm try agian? Anyone who won the AoC/big contest want to team up and start together? Im looking for a team to get into Seige PvP. Im unselfish and willing to help out to get to seige level. Willing to pick a class to lvl up for the team. Ill try to stay positive as well. :)

• VepgenusVepgenus Member Posts: 398

Originally posted by Hersaint

Hmmm try agian? Anyone who won the AoC/big contest want to team up and start together? Im looking for a team to get into Seige PvP. Im unselfish and willing to help out to get to seige level. Willing to pick a class to lvl up for the team. Ill try to stay positive as well. :)

Umm do you realize what it takes to get to Seige PvP level? If you find a server that has active sieges anyways, which there is not alot of right now.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Well despite what negative Nancy said I hope it works for you. It is a lot of hard work but if you love a challenge and enjoy it then I hope it works out. The official forums might be more help in recruiting new people.

Goodluck I hope it works out for you! Keep us informed.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• VonambergVonamberg Member UncommonPosts: 16

good luck bro. my guild started tier 3 then they crapped out .  All that work for nothing...

Originally posted by Vepgenus

Umm do you realize what it takes to get to Seige PvP level? If you find a server that has active sieges anyways, which there is not alot of right now.

Umm no I dont. THis prize will be my first time playing AoC. Im excited to explore Conan's world.

For fun let me guess what it takes to make it to siege level... play through the quest/story line of Age of Conan? Team up with a group of players and run dungeons? Play some instanced PvP games? explore the nooks and crannies of cities (zones)?

What server has a thriving seige community? Ill start on that one I guess.

Originally posted by Vonamberg
    good luck bro. my guild started tier 3 then they crapped out .  All that work for nothing...

Ouch. Sorry to hear. Are you still playing? Any advice for me?

no I dont play anymore. My server Hanuman is gone and so is my guild. My crappy story but whatever. Tier one isnt so bad  get a good group and youll have one doen in no time.

If i remember right Necro  HoX and  ToS are super easy to lvl but I prefered my barb. good luck

If i remember right Necro  HoX and  ToS are super easy to lvl but I prefered my barb. good luck

Thanks for the info on classes. I think Ill make one of each class type. I like being rare so what class is least played? Probably the priest archtypes right?

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Thanks for the info on classes. I think Ill make one of each class type. I like being rare so what class is least played? Probably the priest archtypes right?

My advice is don't play a class because it is least played unless you enjoy playing the underdog. Play a class you find fun and go with it. Unless you are like me and have tons of alts.

My opinion, barbs are fun to play cause they are a challenge. What I think is the least played class (coming from PVE server) is the ranger. I leveled up a barb to 70 before falling in love with the priest of Mitra. Mostly because I love to group and soloing with the priest is boring and long.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• rozenblade1rozenblade1 Member CommonPosts: 501

TBH, the Priest classes are pretty commonly played, if you wanted to go with the least played class, then go with the Dark Templar.  The class is actually quite good, but a lot of players dont fully get how to use one properly.

Now, as for servers with regular sieges...Cimmeria has sieges quite often, and the population on the server is quite good...and if you need a guild...there are a bunch of new guilds on that server.

PLAYING: NOTHING!!!
    PLAYED:FFXI, LotRO, AoC, WAR, DDO, Megaten, Wurm, Rohan, Mabinogi, RoM

WAITING FOR: Dust 514

Originally posted by rozenblade1
    TBH, the Priest classes are pretty commonly played, if you wanted to go with the least played class, then go with the Dark Templar.  The class is actually quite good, but a lot of players dont fully get how to use one properly.

Now, as for servers with regular sieges...Cimmeria has sieges quite often, and the population on the server is quite good...and if you need a guild...there are a bunch of new guilds on that server.

Ohhhh.... great news. Thanks for the tips. Hmmm Priests are played alot? That's surprising to me. Usually all the games I've played the healers were in short supply - WAR, everquest, Shadowbane and now Global Agenda.

Cimmeria it is. Dark Templar, that is like a Shadowknight in Everquest? Any advice on playing a Dark Templar? Ill check out the AoC Dark Templar board as well.

BTW anyone get their prizes yet for AoC/big foot? How long does it usually take to recieve those prize codes? Just curious...and well Im going on vacation next week and wondering if I have a time deadline like when I confirmed the winning ticket. Thanks for the help in advance.

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

Join our guild. We have vent.  We have all levels. We have people who are dedicated. We are on Wiccanna.  Age req 18 and over. 

Originally posted by Lateris
    Join our guild. We have vent.  We have all levels. We have people who are dedicated. We are on Wiccanna.  Age req 18 and over. 

Cool, thanks for the Offer Lateris. Ill check it out.

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

Question.

I was one of teh lucky winners of teh AoC contest and was wondering, with it being a US key, can EU players still use this and play on the US servers without any future payments or will we get blocked. Also is there any differances between the 2 games (some are censored and some are not in games, between the 2 continents).

Sometimes the US servers are better than the EU ones, i dont mind the time differance and i already do have a EU account anyway.

If there would be no problems then i will probably stick with teh US key, if however there are (payment/blocks etc) then i would have to go about getting teh key changed.

Look forward to anyone able to help with this.

Thanks in advance.

• VepgenusVepgenus Member Posts: 398

Originally posted by Manestream

Question.

I was one of teh lucky winners of teh AoC contest and was wondering, with it being a US key, can EU players still use this and play on the US servers without any future payments or will we get blocked. Also is there any differances between the 2 games (some are censored and some are not in games, between the 2 continents).

Sometimes the US servers are better than the EU ones, i dont mind the time differance and i already do have a EU account anyway.

If there would be no problems then i will probably stick with teh US key, if however there are (payment/blocks etc) then i would have to go about getting teh key changed.

Thanks in advance.

I would advise you to e-mail customer support i'll pray for  you and hopefully you'll get a quick response.

• Lille7Lille7 Member Posts: 301

With a US key you can only play on US servers, but there is no IP blocks or anything, so you should be fine if you're ok with ping times.

cheers for that, if there is no IP block then i will happily play on teh US servers (since i bought the game and teh EU servers were somewhat poor and had a lack of other players and helpers), i played all the way to the mid 30's completly solo and got bored as hell.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Question.

Thanks in advance.

the email you received with the codes tells you what to do if you are not on a US server.

• JazqaJazqa Member Posts: 465

cheers for that, if there is no IP block then i will happily play on teh US servers (since i bought the game and teh EU servers were somewhat poor and had a lack of other players and helpers), i played all the way to the mid 30's completly solo and got bored as hell.

hmm... I played AoC alot month or two ago and I had to wait enemies to spawn on Crom EU. From Old Tarantia Noble District to Eiglophian Mountains there was spawn camping on quest npc's so leveling was kinda slow :/

Also.. Congratulations to the winners! :)

I remember when I won AoC box on mmorpg but I couldn't use it because AoC didn't accept my credit card :'(

yes i know, but i would prefer to play on a US server if possible. I do have an account on teh EU server side (although inactive), due to no populations and absolutly no help. Played through to mid-high 30's and all your told is to not bother with group quests, not to bother with instance quests, your chassed off the pvp servers due to 2-3 full ganking parties stopping you from doing anything and then being told to leave the server or log off. Which was why, after my initial month was up i stopped, did not renew.

The US servers sound alot better from forum posts. Anyways i am awaiting an e-mail back as to whether EU IP's are blocked or not. Hopefully will see you soon on the US servers.