Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Nar Shaddaa: Smuggler's Moon Revealed

2»

Comments

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362

frankly bioware hasn't been famous for huge explorable areas in theri games, and in an mmo setting if they are going to preserve game stability i doubt all of courscant is going to be accessible to everyone at launch.   i really want to believe this will be the mmo swg was supposed to be but lets be honest it won't be.

so say we all

• MMOrUSMMOrUS Member Posts: 414

Originally posted by cylon8

frankly bioware hasn't been famous for huge explorable areas in theri games, and in an mmo setting if they are going to preserve game stability i doubt all of courscant is going to be accessible to everyone at launch.   i really want to believe this will be the mmo swg was supposed to be but lets be honest it won't be.

It will probably be as explorable as WoW is, there are many places in the cities that you just can't explore, or being able to swim from 1 continent to the other without dying of fatigue.

Nothing I've read has lead me to believe the game will have an over abundance of invisble walls to stop me from exploring, though if I'm wrong could someone pls post the link.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by MMOrUS

Originally posted by cylon8

It will probably be as explorable as WoW is, there are many places in the cities that you just can't explore, or being able to swim from 1 continent to the other without dying of fatigue.

Nothing I've read has lead me to believe the game will have an over abundance of invisble walls to stop me from exploring, though if I'm wrong could someone pls post the link.

They had a few invisible walls in KOTOR, but they may have come a long way since then.

• AkaisAkais Member UncommonPosts: 274

The substance of threads like these is exactly why I wish Bioware had gone with one of their own IP's instead of this one..

IP's like Star Trek and Star Wars are too vibrant in the minds of fans to receive a fair chance as an MMO... Fans of the IP invariably play them and the game then gets judged by it's limitations rather than by its' actual content.

If you can only explore 50% of this world, it's literally 50% more than you could 2 months ago when the world wasn't announced for play.

My big hope is that they will have many many planets to explore and not all of them (or even most) need to be Iconic Star Wars.

• kuraikenshinkuraikenshin Member Posts: 47

So many nay-sayers(sp?)! But this makes me happy. And not really because I'm a huge Star Wars fan. I was, when I was younger- there's always going to be that spark of interest for vicariously living the star wars life I always wished I had when I was a nerdy little boy with a plastic lightsaber hanging from his belt. I played SWG and enjoyed the hell out of it untill the infamous NGE. Bioware has always made good RPGs, it excites me that their breaking into the MMO industry with a franchise I know and love. The fact that they chose KOTOR as their game is even better. Man oh man Nar Shaddaa... this brings me back. Anyone ever play Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 online at the MSN gaming zone way back when? The lobby was called Nar Shaddaa and there was always so much activity there. Clan wars and whatnot. Good times.

I gotta be honest. After watching the multiplayer demo, the combat looked twitchy and awkward. At one point the Jedi Knight was facing off against the leiutenant and it reminded me of SWG with its many graphic glitches. I'm still hopefull for this game though, My faith in Bioware and my love for the franchise will make me a subscriber for sure. Time will only tell if it will rip me away from WoW though, and GW2 offers a pretty stiff competition, especially since its f2p.

• manylaughsmanylaughs Member Posts: 4

There's a look at all of the announced planets in this article.  Plus, the SWTOR website has all the planets, too. of course.

The SWTOR MMO world is beginning to look pretty big. Guess they'll need all that room for all the subscribers.  ;)

• Blacknight1Blacknight1 Member Posts: 11

Even though this is Smuggler's Moon, I think my smuggler will still spend a good amount of time on Tatooine.  Still a really cool planet though.

SWTOR, EVE (Atrum Muris), Allods(Ferrum), APB (Blacknight)