Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next Class:

RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

I'm giving it to the necromancer

this will give four classes for the Demo in germany

2 physical 2 magical

the necromancer has already been talked about in the book Ghosts of Ascalon

it is a pretty iconic class (at least how Arena net make it)

and at the pannel in SDCC they let it slip a little bit...wish i could find the video (I can't remember the quote but it was james phinny said something like there are "pets and minions...ohh wait" and then everyone started laughing and looking at him)

and mesmer will not need to be shown at a demo (at least not yet)

Comments

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

The new classe(s) or the more dramatic changes will definitely be left last.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by Quirhid

So if the Necromancer is just an oldfashioned NEcro then it might be the next class... but if the Necromancer has inherited most Mesmer skills then we will not see it anytime soon.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

i second the necro as next class.

i belive it anyway will be the class that give the posibility too test most basic game mechanics.

And with a standard Mellee and the 2 ranged casters in so far, i think a minion class (if in the game) would be reasonable to put to a test against those very direct damage dealers and their area effect and multiple targets attack.

Before complicating it further with interupts and supports and  new game mechanics from yet unknown classes. 

• KillHurtKillHurt Member Posts: 347

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Originally posted by Quirhid

So if the Necromancer is just an oldfashioned NEcro then it might be the next class... but if the Necromancer has inherited most Mesmer skills then we will not see it anytime soon.

I HIGHLY doubt that the necro and mesmer will be combined in any way.  There are a lot of things about Guild Wars 2 that I am on the fence about, but that is one thing that I would bet on.

• therez0therez0 Member Posts: 379

I think a hybrid Nec/Rit would be a more likely combo than nec/mes. With the whole aspect of angry ghosts being introduced by the novel and previous info, and the dragon of Orr being able corrupt the dead, I think spirits would be a likely minion as well as the already prevalent dead.

But back to topic, I don't think the next reveal will be the necro. I think it will be a light-mid armor, melee DPS class. If you are looking at the novel for classes, I would say 'thief' because thats the class/archetype of the main character.

• FalfeirFalfeir Member UncommonPosts: 492

Originally posted by therez0

I think a hybrid Nec/Rit would be a more likely combo than nec/mes. With the whole aspect of angry ghosts being introduced by the novel and previous info, and the dragon of Orr being able corrupt the dead, I think spirits would be a likely minion as well as the already prevalent dead.

But back to topic, I don't think the next reveal will be the necro. I think it will be a light-mid armor, melee DPS class. If you are looking at the novel for classes, I would say 'thief' because thats the class/archetype of the main character.

i also think there will be a class named thief/rogue but i'm with op about the next revealed class, it will probably be necro.

I need more vespene gas.

• dakota123dakota123 Member Posts: 93

I think i agree with OP, first we had a soldier class, then an edventurer, and now a scholor. It may not be a necro exactly, may be some kind of hybrid, maybe something we havnt seen before, i guess we will see.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Yeah, I see them announcing all the classes that are making a comeback first, and then the classes that might be combined, then any new classes.

• XerelinXerelin Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by Falfeir

Originally posted by therez0

i also think there will be a class named thief/rogue but i'm with op about the next revealed class, it will probably be necro.

thief/rogue...... Hmmmm Swashbuckler or maybe a pirate. lolol that'd be awesome. It better be able to get a parrot pet.

hehehe

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

Originally posted by Swanea

Yeah, I see them announcing all the classes that are making a comeback first, and then the classes that might be combined, then any new classes.

while i can see the line of reasoning in this, from a announcement point of view, it can be overridden by the whats ready to show. If some classes is not ready to show they will not be in the demo , and likely not being annouced before they are.

So from a testing point of view, i could imagine that classes that represent core gameplay to be in first, and classes that alters that to be in last.

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517

I really hope the OP is right image

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

From the general rumour mill, think it sounds like Necromancer.

I'd be nice to see the difference between pets and minions, too, as well as 2 combat (one direct/indirect) and 1 magic (one direct/indirect) damage dealers.

When is the next one due: 7-10 Aug?

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Originally posted by MumboJumbo

From the general rumour mill, think it sounds like Necromancer.

I'd be nice to see the difference between pets and minions, too, as well as 2 combat (one direct/indirect) and 1 magic (one direct/indirect) damage dealers.

When is the next one due: 7-10 Aug?

yeah i would really love to see a huge selection of minions...also some underwater ones as well, since it seems like something the DEVs are pushing.

• NoEndInLifeNoEndInLife Member Posts: 189

Probably going to be necromancer... if not then it will be a mesmer...

Those are probably the only two unrevealed classes that im positive about being in GW2.

"Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet." -Bob Marley

I'm probably one of those people who just get wet.

• pepsi1028pepsi1028 Member Posts: 471

PLEASE be a mesmer. Favorite one in GW1.  That mixed with a monk or warrior!

†Pepsi1028†

PEPSI!!!!!
    Get out of your box already...

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

I'd guess the main character in the book may well be a Ranger since "he knows his ways around traps". And rangers use traps.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I am hoping we get the necromancer or the new mesmer type next.

• zeroki12zeroki12 Member Posts: 16

I think it will be necromancer due to the Slyvari (sp) necromancer in the novel.

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Bunny is on his way to world domination!

• nukedudenukedude Member Posts: 101

Originally posted by pepsi1028

PLEASE be a mesmer. Favorite one in GW1.  That mixed with a monk or warrior!

When I first started playing GW1, I thought the mesmer was a light armoured fast melee class, as they held a thin sword or some sort on the high renders. So a mesmer with some melee abilities would be cool. :) Their current concept of a mesmer with the illusions and such is cool as well, but it would be cool to see a combination of the two.

• Assassin1152Assassin1152 Member UncommonPosts: 34

It will be Assassin i bet ^^

• n3verendRn3verendR Member UncommonPosts: 452

Assassin indeed, I'd put money on it.

People think it's fun to pretend your a monster. Me I spend my life pretending I'm not. - Dexter Morgan

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

I'm betting on necromancer beacuse they started with core classes from guild wars and they'll finish with classes from factions for example like assassin..

All in all they'll keep the most popular classes from guild wars 1, and add a new ones perhaps.