Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If your new and going to play this game, type this in your chat bar: /joinchannel glff

fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

glff channel is great for finding groups and if your wondering why its so quiet in game its because everyone has joined this chat channel which is a global chat channel and contains hundreds of players.

If you play this game, youll need to join this channel or your going to be quite alone in the game.   Just a heads up for fellow gamers looking to join lotro.

You can join this channel by typing: /joinchannel glff 

into the chat bar in the game.  You can talk to people by typing /1 "then what you want to say here"

the /1 is to signafy that you are talking in user chat 1, you can have up to  5 user chats at any given time. 

You can have up to five channels active at any given time, you can use this for one of them.   Granted with a couple hundred people or more you will get annoying chatter and if this is not to your liking you can leave the channel until  you are ready to look for a fellowship or trade by typing /leavechannel glff.

So again on top of nomral chat, you have 5 user chat channels you can have all active at the same time, this is just to get you to use the glff as a means to have access to hundreds of peole who currently use it for finding groups and trade stuff. 

Why turbine hasnt added a normal global channel yet is beyond me, as new players get left out of this chat channel every time they start.     Sticky this if you can, its important for new players.

Comments

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Unfortunately though, because it's unofficial, it's not really used to look for groups most of the time, but annoying inane chatter....

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• Redline65Redline65 Member Posts: 486

Or you could open the social panel and click the grouping tab at the bottom and look for open groups, or create your own group for the quest you want to do. It's a shame more people don't use the grouping tool built in to the game.

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

Originally posted by trancejeremy

Unfortunately though, because it's unofficial, it's not really used to look for groups most of the time, but annoying inane chatter....

On gladden server, which I'm on, its the number one source for fellowship partys, and trade, and is over a couple hundred people atleast,  granted it is alot of annoying chat (with a couple hundred people in it, its hard to avoid something like this from happening), but it still remains the main way to find groups and sell stuff in chat.  

You also can /joinchannel  up to 5 of them and leave chat at anytime by /leavechannel glff in order to avoid chatter when your not looking for fellowships or trying to sell something.

If your server doesnt use glff chat just list it here so that people know that your server doesnt rely on the use of glff on your server.

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

Originally posted by Redline65

Or you could open the social panel and click the grouping tab at the bottom and look for open groups, or create your own group for the quest you want to do. It's a shame more people don't use the grouping tool built in to the game.

Most people I know never even bother with the group tool, and only use the glff chat, hopefully this is going to change with the new f2p update, its going to add instance lists where people can sign up for the instances they want to run.   This should be nice to have for everyone when it comes out, as its a pain in the butt to keep showing new people the glff chat is there and leaves out alot of new players who could have alot of fun being part of the channel instead of feeling alone in game.

• BladgrimBladgrim Member UncommonPosts: 33

Although the GLFF channel is rarely used for it's original intents(finding groups), if you are to try to find a group on it, there is a good chance you may be able to create one. There are lots of people who are wanting to do an instance but don't want to start a group.

And even if you're not looking for a group, it's often lots of fun reading the random stuff that's said in there... trust me some of it gets crazy. This is usually used instead of the GOOC channel, because there are much more people.

If you have played WoW, just think of this as the Barrens chat(not quite like that, but same idea).

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

I have to side with the people that say this channel is worthless.  I joined it before hoping to find people that weren't in the current zone that maybe still needed a group quest there, and it is mostly just inane spam.  

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

I side with the people who find this channel a lifesaver and makes an all too quiet world, seemingly empty, much more alive and full of people.

However, I find it sad that Turbine still hasn't made a better LFG tool or global channel for the very purpose of getting groups together. Get a move on Turbine!

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283

At least on beta I find it very useful, as everythig else keeps changing as you move around zones, and there may be people all over wanting to do a group.