Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would you wish from your ideal mmorpg?

kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

I'd wish for 99% less grinding and 99% more adventuring...instead of sitting on one spawn from day to day I would like some kind of dynamic random events...when I can't make money doing newbie tours telling them "one the left side of the road we see orc camp, they are good when you reach level XX...and now on the right..." I'm happy...

I want to be careful when leaving towns, never knowing what may be waiting for me in the woods. I want there to be plenty of solo content but not everything must be able to be soloed.

I would die for combat system that would involve player skill as well as character skill..."fire and forget" or "click untill you drop" systems isn't my thing.

I want mmoRPgs to have more social abilities and items...This is what I loved in UO...in UO after long day in dungeon crawlings I and my guild could just return to our castle and change in to plain cloth clothes while we RP/divide the loot/do whatever...Characters staying in their armors 24/7 is very hard to ROLEPLAY.

I want MMORPG with actual DEPTH!

Comments

• Ken`ShieroKen`Shiero Member Posts: 289

Most mmorpgs are trying to stray form that aspect of the game. It sucks they are taking their sweet time but what are you gonna do progress is a slow process expecially if you are trying to do it right the first time. Besides that I want a game to keep me more on my toes wanting more. I want to hve like ingmame contests to win cool armor or add new features  and stuff to keep me intrested and not have me bored out of my mind after the first hour.

Guild Wars is the closest to that in my opinon, you mght be saying some of that stuff is already found in mmorpgs already and I will say you are right and then laugh because it was funny.

The best mmog was and is DAoC it has everything and is still goingimage

• LreguizrLreguizr Member Posts: 207

I would perfer as MMO that would take place in.. computer cyberspace I guess. If you seen TRON, it's exactly what I'm talking about and have the ability to fly vehicles in a truly skilled based combat system.

• Malachi1975Malachi1975 Member Posts: 1,079

Originally posted by Lreguizr
    I would perfer as MMO that would take place in.. computer cyberspace I guess. If you seen TRON, it's exactly what I'm talking about and have the ability to fly vehicles in a truly skilled based combat system.

Skill based or twitch based? Eve Online is skill based, Jumpgate is more twitch based. If you mean you want it to rely strictly on the players skill then you want twitch. Problem being right now (and most of the MMOFPSs out there suffer from this to some extent) is that the slightest lag, which some latency is just inherent to connectivity despite connection type, can really make one person think they are laying every shot clean into you while in truth you are off to their side now.

I'd just like to see a HUGE MMO with a GOOD Supply and Demand Free Market!

Oh! And A-Number 1 HUGE thing I REALLY WANT TO SEE: Get away from uber buffed loot. Make everything "attachment" based. Why? I am sick of seeing everyone running around in the same exact outfit in a game just becuase that equipment is the best drop from X MOB at X Level. Let us, as the players, just attach buffs to whatever clothing or equipment we like ( SWG has this system in a light state ). If everyone looks unique it helps suspend the disbelief. This is good for RP!

"What is it I have against Microsoft, you ask? Well, you know how you feel when you wait for an MMO to come out and when it does you feel like you've paid to play it's beta test for another 6-9 months before anything even thinks of working the way it should? Being a network engineer you feel that way about anything Microsoft puts out."

• JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500

More grinding. Seriously. This is what separates the men from the boys, the women from the girls. Players willing to put in the time and effort to level want to distinguish themselves by moving ahead of the pack, and this can only be realized by slowing down the whole process.

A MMOG that is hard, really hard to level in. Games that one can reach max level in 6 months or less are too easy and lead to boredom.

A tradeskill system that is hard, really hard to advance in, so that those who put in the effort will reap the rewards of being one of the few who can make these items and benefit from their hard work.

A quest system that makes you figure out the next step, one that actually forces you to think. This makes it much more rewarding when you solve something only a few others have. Of course, the sad part is that the results will be posted on a web site for all others soon after being solved. If only there was a way to randomize quests enough, to prevent this from happening.

A game with a significant battle loss penalty that actually makes you fear losing and trying to avoid the penalty at all costs. This creates a healthy respect for the evironment and keeps it real.

Consensual PvP which allows random looting of a single item from your opponent's inventory, any item regardless of quality or rareity, regardless of no-drop or being soul bound. This would strike fear into PvPers for risk of losing and make the reward of winning true. No more mindless PvPing all the time without risk of loss or concern.

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

• _Drakin__Drakin_ Member Posts: 50
    My ideal mmorpg is Dark Age of Camelot with the casual server rule-set that Mythic is working on. If they get this server right it'll be my mmorpg heaven. image

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introducing FUN, a new guild which will be residing on the upcoming new server!

http://daocfunguild.bravehost.com/index.html

• KomicKeeperKomicKeeper Member Posts: 15

All right, man!!! way to have a vision!!! I think that one of the main problems with games is that the desiners don't have any sort of comunication with the consumers, so they have no idea what the people playing their games actually want.

I would enjoy a game that took quests to the next level. insted of saying "go kill the dragon", create a storyline to go along with it. why do you need to kill the dragon? thats why I've always enjoyed Final Fantasy so much. Its got a storyline to it. I think that City of Heros might be doing somthing like that, but I haven't really looked into it that much.

In the meantime I think that Guild Wars is the closest its gonna get to what you want.

Peace out!!!

• Malachi1975Malachi1975 Member Posts: 1,079

Okay..I posted this and it never showed so if it doubles later...forgive me now

Well, I think we're due to see some changes in depth with MMOs. First off, very few of the MMOs out there based on some huge pre-existing universe really seem to USE that universe. SWG for one. Just doesn't feel very Star Wars to me.

I think MXO might have gotten a good idea ( if they can pull it off well). Having a live, in-house, storytelling team. Using a live ( thought I am sure scripted ) person to actually play high profile characters like Morphues or the Oracle to advance the story and create new twists REALLY sounds like a great idea. Now, whether they do it well or not is to be seen. I think this is a great idea for the future of MMO depth in quests.

I enjoy the quest system to an extent in EQ2 as in that there are basic silly quests which link to nothing but quick cash and there are long-term, involved quests like Hallmarks and Heritage quests which affect your characters development outcome directly.

They are getting therer...as someone said above some progress is better than none. We just have to stay on them.

"What is it I have against Microsoft, you ask? Well, you know how you feel when you wait for an MMO to come out and when it does you feel like you've paid to play it's beta test for another 6-9 months before anything even thinks of working the way it should? Being a network engineer you feel that way about anything Microsoft puts out."