Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The grind?

NamicaNamica Member Posts: 71

From what I've heard, the grind in L2 is legendary.

Is it really as bad as people make out?

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

The grind in Lineage 2 is a tough one but it does not get tough till S Grade which is 76+. If you enjoy grind type games you will enjoy Lineage 2. Get in a good active clan that groups up everyday and you will have fun. If you need a trial key send me a pm with your email address.

• JoloJolo Member Posts: 167

Originally posted by Namica

From what I've heard, the grind in L2 is legendary.

Is it really as bad as people make out?

Yep

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

The time to get to endgame is not much different than it is for any other major game now that the vitality system has been added. But there are some differences you should be aware of.

First, the game is not oriented to quest grinding to endgame but rather mob killing to get exp. If you prefer solo questing this game is not for you. But if you don't want to be locked into a path, if you want to decide what you kill to get exp then lineage2 will suit you better. There are quests but they are mostly incidental, they are there to point you in a direction. 95% of your leveling will come from the kills not the quest reward. In fact, most of your cash will come from kills also. There are some days long epic quests, like the class change quests that you can/need to do but they are not the bulk of your leveling. The other advantage to this system is that it lends itself to grouping better. The "game" is to figure out how to kill mobs as fast as you can in a steady, sustainable manner. Working as a team to pull in mobs and kill them can be a lot of fun.

The second big difference is that in L2, getting to endgame is not the same as getting to the level cap. Endgame starts really when you reach S-grade or 76+. All of 76-85 is the endgame. The leveling curve is challenging but fairly smooth all the way to 79. It is there that it really jumps up. But again, this is not a game where a lvl 79 is as much of a noob as a lvl 9 and you are nothing if you are not 80 with epics. Instead of hitting the cap at 80 and then "progressing" by way of gear gain from 80 with greens to 80 can do heroics to 80 geared for ICC to 80 geared best in slot, the L2 system is designed so that you continue to level very slowly though the endgame from the late 70's to 85. Very few players have reached the end. My clan is older and several of the players are oldtimers and our highest level is 82. But we are also not very hardcore either. The progression from 80-85 is not designed to be done fast or to even be necessary. It is designed to reward long term, very persistent players.

So, if you are going to try L2 do two things. Find a good clan to hang out with and enjoy the social aspect of the game. Learn to depend on the help of others and return that help as soon as you are able to. Second, get zen about endgame leveling. You can push hard to get to say 61+ in a few weeks and then from there to 76+ in another month or two but be prepared to chill out and run the turtle's race of slow and steady after that. Learn to enjoy the fact that you will not complete this game in 6 months. You may not even complete it in 6 years. But you will get to endgame and you will in enjoy the sieges, olympiad, Territory wars and world boss fights within a few months if you work hard at it.

All die, so die well.

• SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581

Originally posted by VikingGamer

hmm i can't really comment much about the grind since ive been sitting still at lvl 76 for a few month's, been taking a break, has gotten faster tho, but i rather point out/talk to viking in another post you mentioned ealirer that you only been playing for 2 weeek's.

Just that your number's seems abit optimistic to lvl that fast but you are however wrong that endgame is not lvl 76+ it's 80 + and i see no reason to go over the discuission again, witch your great at ignoring.

i rather say the majority off the playerbase is over 80+ (at least for Teon) if you look at any siege video's, tw wars you see everyone pretty much running around in Dynasty armor's witch has lvl 80 requirement's.

also since your endgame is 76+ saying you can enjoy pvp at that lvl is rather optimistic to here's a video from the lineage 2 russian offical server with a group off 9 people, destorying 10 time's they number's just posting it to point out how strong high lvl's are.  im guessing they all lvl 85 also seem's to outgear the other people to, but i just wantet to give a impression off how weak character's under lvl 80 really are

Originally Posted by Troyz View Post

added new movie, from Ruoff Atlant server sieges.

Ruoff Sieges 11.07.10

URL: http://files.mail.ru/22DT5F / http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8PQ12L8G

POV: Storm Screamer 85, Eva's Saint 85

Duration: 19:35

Tracklist:

Spiderbait - Buy Me A Pony

Lostprophets - Wake Up

Lesley Roy - Psycho bitch

All That Remains - Six

Dover - Dear Mc Cartney

Dinda - Crying
  • VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Originally posted by Sorrowho

It is very true that my understanding is limited. I am going off of both what I have heard and the little I have seen so my comments need to be taken for what they are, the perspective of a new player. As for leveling. Have been in the game for just over 2 weeks now and my bladedancer hit lvl 52 last night. I understand that it slows down but based on the curve of the exp per level numbers that I have looked up, I don't think I am too far off. Of course it depends greatly on a person's playing habits and how much help they get from clannies. Your mileage may vary, as they say.

You are right on the lvl 80 thing since there is a jump in armor grade at that level again. That is a good point. But 76+ is not that far off. It is at least not unlike the difference between those in wow who geared to start getting into arena pvp and those who have suceeded there and are geared to the teeth. Will you be able to compete effectively? No. Can you start getting involve? I don't know, you tell me. I know that I have already, at level 50 have participated in a siege defense and a clan hall take back this last weekend. It was a blast, even though all I did was dance and follow my guild leader, stabbing what she stabbed. I got instantly smoked every time someone turned to hit me. But it was fun. So I think enjoying it depends entirely on what you call fun. If you can't have fun aside from being competitive going toe to toe with someone then, definitely, it will be a long time before you have fun. If you can have fun being the smallest part of a much larger force you can do it in 2 weeks if you find the right clan. I did. Though it helps to be a support class and to enjoy that kind of role.

So I apologize if I come off sounding like I am trying to appear as if I know more than I do. That was not my intention. I am simply speaking from my limited understanding so far.

All die, so die well.

So I apologize if I come off sounding like I am trying to appear as if I know more than I do. That was not my intention. I am simply speaking from my limited understanding so far.

nah your not, and you estimate off lvling might be very correct, i should simply just stop posting cause im to much off an ass when it's about lineage 2 i just have to much hate for what the game turned into over the year's

• UbahNecroUbahNecro Member Posts: 185

A bunch of terrible/incorrect information.

Originally posted by VikingGamer The time to get to endgame is not much different than it is for any other major game now that the vitality system has been added. But there are some differences you should be aware of.
    That's a 100% unadulterated lie. Vitality system is not much of a factor in S Grade levels. You'll prolly get a couple percent from it, then you're back to Square 1. It helps casual players, but much of those players will never be competitive because in this game the amount of time or adena you have can be a bigger factor in you "winning" than skill or proficiency playing your character (more on that below).

First, the game is not oriented to quest grinding to endgame but rather mob killing to get exp. If you prefer solo questing this game is not for you. But if you don't want to be locked into a path, if you want to decide what you kill to get exp then lineage2 will suit you better.
    No, not really. The game is balanced in a way that you are often faced with the fact that you can only level efficienty/decently in one to a few areas. There isn't much choice. Anyone who has played this game will agree with that.

There are quests but they are mostly incidental, they are there to point you in a direction. 95% of your leveling will come from the kills not the quest reward. In fact, most of your cash will come from kills also. There are some days long epic quests, like the class change quests that you can/need to do but they are not the bulk of your leveling. The other advantage to this system is that it lends itself to grouping better. The "game" is to figure out how to kill mobs as fast as you can in a steady, sustainable manner. Working as a team to pull in mobs and kill them can be a lot of fun.
    Grouping in Lineage II consists of players looking for certain classes or types of classes (archetypes) to form optimized parties for the most efficient leveling experiences possible. If you are not one of those clases, then it's touch luck. The game is extremely buff and gear depenedent. Now it's even more level dependent as ever. At level 78+ if you are more than 1 level uner a 78+ MOB you face a 20-30% damage penalty on it (and increase failure rate on skills, etc.) which grows as the MOBs outlevel you by more levels. Most players on retail have more than one account, and box their own buffers so they can XP decently.

The second big difference is that in L2, getting to endgame is not the same as getting to the level cap. Endgame starts really when you reach S-grade or 76+. All of 76-85 is the endgame.
    76-85 is not end-game. 80-85 is end-game.

The leveling curve is challenging but fairly smooth all the way to 79.
    76-79 is not that challenging. 79-85 will be an unrealistic grind for *most* players.

It is there that it really jumps up.
    If you call 79 being 5x as long as 78 a "jump up," then sure. I think another term is in the works for that.

But again, this is not a game where a lvl 79 is as much of a noob as a lvl 9 and you are nothing if you are not 80 with epics.
    A 79 toon is considered low level. Level 80 is borderline. Most level 79 toons will get rocked by 81+ toons unless they considerably out-gear them. It' slow not only from a level perspective, but form an itemization perspective. Most S Grade sets are terrible compared to S80+ sets.

Instead of hitting the cap at 80 and then "progressing" by way of gear gain from 80 with greens to 80 can do heroics to 80 geared for ICC to 80 geared best in slot, the L2 system is designed so that you continue to level very slowly though the endgame from the late 70's to 85. Very few players have reached the end. My clan is older and several of the players are oldtimers and our highest level is 82. But we are also not very hardcore either. The progression from 80-85 is not designed to be done fast or to even be necessary. It is designed to reward long term, very persistent players.
    Many players have reached the end. 85 and 100% wiht 5/5 boss jewels, full gear and OE'd Vesper weapons with 300 Attribute on them. 80-85 can be done much faster than intended by getting PL'd by a pole class in top XP zones. NCSoft allowed the attribute system to be used to nerf the damage of MOBs in end-game zones to nothingness, which allowed players to PL each other en masse to end-game levels, trivially. If your highest level is 82, it's cause they, or your clan, is terrible at PvE and think doing places like FoG in near full parties is efficient end-game XP. Wake up and smell the coffee.

So, if you are going to try L2 do two things. Find a good clan to hang out with and enjoy the social aspect of the game. Learn to depend on the help of others and return that help as soon as you are able to. Second, get zen about endgame leveling. You can push hard to get to say 61+ in a few weeks and then from there to 76+ in another month or two but be prepared to chill out and run the turtle's race of slow and steady after that. Learn to enjoy the fact that you will not complete this game in 6 months. You may not even complete it in 6 years. But you will get to endgame and you will in enjoy the sieges, olympiad, Territory wars and world boss fights within a few months if you work hard at it.
    Finding a Clan before 78+ levels isn't even worth it. At 76-79, you're still a low level player and will get rolled by 99% of the PvPers on your server. You're also still going to be locked out of the best XP spots in the game unless you're a wanted support class (BD, SWS, Cardinal, Elder, Doom Cryer, Dominator, Not many People want 79 Heirophants). The servers are low population, so unless you can find that clan fast your chances at socializing will be limited. Even in a clan, clans are usually made up of various cliques and trying to meld with the clan can be challenging. 1-76 can be done in a month. You also neglected to mention the effect that eBaying has on this game. It's filled with eBayers who buy adena with real life money (or in game items, some paying thousands of dollars for top items), as well as people who buy/sell toons. It also has quite a reputation for botting (using a 3rd party application to XP your toons, when other players have to do it themselves, which takes hundreds upon hundreds of hours). If you wish to become competitive in this game, you have no chance unless you either bot, ebay quite a bit, account share to get PL'd by someone who does/has done it, buy buffers to help you level faster, or simply have no life. Trying to get people to play this game is nice and all, but only giving them the 5% of good in it without telling them about the 95% terrible is a bit dishonest.

A legit player can take a year or more to catch up with current end-gamers.

NCSoft is going to decrease the 78+ grind by about 40% in the next update (after this one in PTS right now), but levels are only half of what you need to be competitive. The game is balanced wiht PvP in mind, and that should be the end-game activities you aspire to participate in.

PvE in this game is mindnumbingly boring, mundane, and repetitive (next target, F1, next target F1 - F2, next target), and PvP is so out of balance it isn't even funny.

Botting up and ebaying adena doesn't take no work, nor does buying high level toons and buffers.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

The grind is bad even pre 78, it isn't easy to get up past 52 without grinding a ton. I used to semi afk grind (click on a mob, watch tv until it was done killing and click on another) and even at 52 it was taking a good 2 hours straight of grinding to get 53. Thats with full buffs, and vitality at level 2. It just goes downhill from there on. And no you won't be pvp viable unless you are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on adena, since the market prices are fluctuated by the high levels, and the fact that they either sell things high to make money, or buy adena to get items. The game used to be fun, I keep trying to go back, but it isn't even worth it anymore, not unless they made it F2P

Well like I always say, everything is not for everybody. I agree with some fo the things you all say but this game will always appeal to some people and others will hate it. I have to level 77 toons and I am still having a blast playing this game. I dont play the game looking at level 85. I play the game looking at level 77. This game is all about the clannies and who you assosicate your self with. You do not have to spend real life money to make it in this game. For a legit player it just takes time.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

I am fortunate to know a lot of influential and you might say ppl playing end game on Teon that every time I get back its not a problem of experiencing end game or sieges or going to insane spots and parties for XP, I played the game from beta up to C2 and then on and off until recently, the game has changed so much its absolutely insane.

It used to be about the clans, about the politics, about making a good community now its all about who ebays and bots more really, I am saying this knowing fairly well a lot of the ppl I know have bot groups running farming adena for them 24/7 to the point they dont care if they get banned cause its actually ( from  a player) cheap to just rebuy a few accoutns and get it up and running, most of the ppl also do not pay for their account instead buy time cards from farmers for the extra adena they get.

People do know eachother but when you enter a good clan your really a strangers amongst strangers, unless you really know the ppl at the top you will have to afford somehow to buy all the stuff you need to XP, PVP etc.. Clans are more of a commodity and so you can fight for one side than really the community they used to be.

In my mind I honestly dont know what would appeal to a casual player to play L2 at the moment, and by casual I mean anyone not in the top 5 or so clans of the server that are always in pvp and ganking eachother, there is just not enough to do outside of pvp that doesnt require insane gear and insane parties and even then you are just really grinding your way through, go back to town buy SS or SPS or whatever you need, go back to your XP kill mobs until resupply, rinse and repeat. 

Tell me exactly what requires insane gear and insane parties? This is the part that has me really confused.

All end game events require insane parties and insane gear,

- Bosses require insane gear and an insane party to do, to the point most ppl even if your clan is doing it its unlikely you are going because you 1) dont know the ppl at the top 2) are not one of the classes that are needed for support 

- Sieges , if you dont have insane gear, levels and a good party you just get rolled most of the time, I think the technical term is cannon fodder, 80% of the battlefield during a major siege is cannon fodder with 2-3 parties being optimal, overgeared and coordinated and trying to pick off as many ppl as they can.

- EXP in general, groups are very very elitist, sure you can try and make your own group but its unlikely you are going to get a good support class because they are all taken by their constant groups, and will leave as soon as they are called, then to join a group if you dont have the upmost best gear you can get they will just dismiss you, and in all honesty it is impossible for someone ( unless they spend a ridiculous amount of time on it) to legitimately purchase lets say a Full S Grade set at level 76 if they start from scratch its just not possible, even just a weapon it costs wayyy too much, you either have to be given ( which is unlikely unless you know the ppl very well ), or ebay some adena to boost up your earnings and get you going.

- Then ultimately which I believe was a huge mistake they reduced the drops from the outside mini bosses which was retarded, that was such a good system and meant most guilds could actually get equipment and gear to distribute amongst their members, they could have just actually introduced more of them, get more random ones to spawn  and then ppl would have some source for gear, instead they nerfed them down to nothing that ppl just dont bother anymore, I remember going to do one and getting my Draconic Bow, we got helms and a piece of armor.

I have no idea what server you play on but on mine you do not need insane gear and insane parties just to xp, do a raid or a siege. The only thing I would say that you need insane gear for is to become a Hero. Thats about it.

There are plenty of ways to make money on this game. You do not have to ebay just to get a good weapon and some armor. Its just takes time.  Seems you like many others just could not make it in Lineage 2 and blame the game for it. I dont see how somebody who played this game never ran into or talked to legit players that played the game the right way and got good gear.

Farm AA in Catas ( I made 30 mill a couple weeks ago just leveling my Soul Hound in Dark Omens every night for one week )

Farm Forts for Knight Epps ( I had a clannie that did this every 4 hours and make millions a day )

Buy common armor pieces cheap for like 100K each and when you get a set sell it for 5M ( One of my things I have  done )

Craft Top B weapons because they are 100% never fail and people will always want the top stuff. Easy 50M ( Just met somebody who does this )

Dont ever say that something cant be done because you cant do it.

Really? Someone in A grade can just form a group and go and do ant or baium without any issues ans getting steam rolled by the clans that do it as soon as its up with full vesper sets. Sure you can be in a siege and just get two shot unless your with overenchanted gear and boss jewels its just the way it is ppl with top end gear will just roll through undergeared ppl unless your ranged you won't even get a shot off on anyone before you get rolled. If this is not the case then your server is dead. I played on teon.

The only thing I partially agree is xp and even tho you will xp until the late levels you get kicked out of your xp spot by ppl with better gear.

This is an open pvp game where clans control everything about the game. How is an A Grade toon going to kill an Epic Boss that drops some of the richest prizes in this game? What clan is going to stand by and watch somebody weaker than them take something that goes for Billions of Adena? This is not some Thempark MMo like World Of Warcraft or Lord Of The Rings.

Originally posted by Mannish

I have no idea what server you play on but on mine you do not need insane gear and insane parties just to xp, do a raid or a siege. The only thing I would say that you need insane gear for is to become a Hero. Thats about it.

There are plenty of ways to make money on this game. You do not have to ebay just to get a good weapon and some armor. Its just takes time.  Seems you like many others just could not make it in Lineage 2 and blame the game for it. I dont see how somebody who played this game never ran into or talked to legit players that played the game the right way and got good gear.

Farm AA in Catas ( I made 30 mill a couple weeks ago just leveling my Soul Hound in Dark Omens every night for one week )

not every class can farm catacomb's without the right support witch new player's dosen't have acces to not to mention you need a room and last i checked they hardly where any ever on Teon

also you diden mention your lvl either or how many week's you spend there i done it to from 60 to 66 just got enof anicent adena's for my own tatto's + the exp is a lot worse in a catacomb then outside hunting.

Farm Forts for Knight Epps ( I had a clannie that did this every 4 hours and make millions a day )

that's only duable for about 60 to 70 lvl's meele dd's any higher and the drop chance's are to bad, you could go as support for any lvl off course but with the new update either it's in high five or freay they chaning the gaurds lvl to 40 up to 80, this is just a guess from me but im pretty sure it won't be worth it anymore for low lvl's when the update hit's, only reason it's duable know is because high lvl's can't farm it

Buy common armor pieces cheap for like 100K each and when you get a set sell it for 5M ( One of my things I have  done )

that's working the market, takes a lot off time and then you need someone to sell it to besides 5m isen't that much when you need a S grade weapon with 150 elemental effect

Craft Top B weapons because they are 100% never fail and people will always want the top stuff. Easy 50M ( Just met somebody who does this )

so you never done it yourself? how to get the repice's? you can't farm em cause your more likley to outlevel the mob's before you get the repice drop, they's also ton's off materials you need to buy to craft the thing so i highly doubt it's just easy 50m +, they's 60% repice's to so have fun blowing all the work up in a second.

(1) Recipe: Sword of Damascus (60%)

okay so i guess the wording insane might be over the top at some point's, but to get good exp instead off crappy in your eye's won't you need a sworsinger, bladedancer, cardinal, warcryer and elven elder or shillen elder as support for any group and depending on what kind off party you need more support and differnet lvl's for the classes to have the right skill's

then do you often see your warsmith's or spoiler's getting party's over other classes even the prohpet or summoner, even if your group has a spot open and you see a clannie shouting for group does anybody invite the fail class?

if it actly happen's you gotta play in a really good clan.

then for pvp a very good party is needed with high lvl's so you can get all the right buff's just look at the video i postet 1 group is killing a siege force on they own, how can that be fun getting smashed with no chance.

Originally posted by Sorrowho

not every class can farm catacomb's without the right support witch new player's dosen't have acces to not to mention you need a room and last i checked they hardly where any ever on Teon

also you diden mention your lvl either or how many week's you spend there i done it to from 60 to 66 just got enof anicent adena's for my own tatto's + the exp is a lot worse in a catacomb then outside hunting.

that's only duable for about 60 to 70 lvl's meele dd's any higher and the drop chance's are to bad, you could go as support for any lvl off course but with the new update either it's in high five or freay they chaning the gaurds lvl to 40 up to 80, this is just a guess from me but im pretty sure it won't be worth it anymore for low lvl's when the update hit's, only reason it's duable know is because high lvl's can't farm it

that's working the market, takes a lot off time and then you need someone to sell it to besides 5m isen't that much when you need a S grade weapon with 150 elemental effect

so you never done it yourself? how to get the repice's? you can't farm em cause your more likley to outlevel the mob's before you get the repice drop, they's also ton's off materials you need to buy to craft the thing so i highly doubt it's just easy 50m +, they's 60% repice's to so have fun blowing all the work up in a second.

(1) Recipe: Sword of Damascus (60%)

okay so i guess the wording insane might be over the top at some point's, but to get good exp instead off crappy in your eye's won't you need a sworsinger, bladedancer, cardinal, warcryer and elven elder or shillen elder as support for any group and depending on what kind off party you need more support and differnet lvl's for the classes to have the right skill's

then do you often see your warsmith's or spoiler's getting party's over other classes even the prohpet or summoner, even if your group has a spot open and you see a clannie shouting for group does anybody invite the fail class?

if it actly happen's you gotta play in a really good clan.

then for pvp a very good party is needed with high lvl's so you can get all the right buff's just look at the video i postet 1 group is killing a siege force on they own, how can that be fun getting smashed with no chance.

Sorry but I am not going to keep going on about this game because its a waste of time and every post says the same thing and that is you simply could not make it in Lineage 2 because it was to tough for you.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

you want epic grind!try silkroad online!this is an endgame game and getting there is a bitch because you want to go up but your foe want you to go down a lvl so reaching 110 isnt a walk in the park!

• MaxionVoXMaxionVoX Member Posts: 22

This is an open pvp game where clans control everything about the game. How is an A Grade toon going to kill an Epic Boss that drops some of the richest prizes in this game? What clan is going to stand by and watch somebody weaker than them take something that goes for Billions of Adena? This is not some Thempark MMo like World Of Warcraft or Lord Of The Rings.

Hmmmm Epic Boss that drops shiny stuffz with no corpse looting doesn't sound too far off from WoW imo....

I love how these guys mistake long grinds and bad game mechanics for macho MMO Epeen..

Originally posted by MaxionVoX

Hmmmm Epic Boss that drops shiny stuffz with no corpse looting doesn't sound too far off from WoW imo....

I love how these guys mistake long grinds and bad game mechanics for macho MMO Epeen..

Has nonthing to do with Epeen. Lineage 2 is an Open World, Open PVP game thats based on Clan Politics  where the Clans / Alliances fight each other for control of the valuable resources in the game.  I will repeat again, this is not World Of Warcraft regardless of what it sounds like to a person who has never played a real mmo and has no idea what the hell I am talking about.

Well like I always say, everything is not for everybody. I agree with some fo the things you all say but this game will always appeal to some people and others will hate it. I have to level 77 toons and I am still having a blast playing this game. I dont play the game looking at level 85. I play the game looking at level 77. This game is all about the clannies and who you assosicate your self with. You do not have to spend real life money to make it in this game. For a legit player it just takes time.
    I have level 79 (76 Sub), 78, 77, 67, 60, and 58 toons. Gratz on your two 77s? I don't need you coming here telling people one thing may be for someone and not for someone else. The game is grindy as hell, and it's not hard to get confirmation on that. Clannies what? The NA/EU servers are borderline dead (in route to second mergers) and it's hard to find a legit clan, especially one that actually supports their players because the game is full of clan hoppers (Play-To-Win mentality) and players who use clans as a stepping stone to better gear and higher levels, and then leave to go bandwagon a top clan.

They have made leveling easier, but that doesn't really change the fact that it still requires hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of hours of grinding, and you will not be competitive in PvP until you have level 81+ in this game - with near top gear.

Your two 77 toons aren't any accomplishment. You haven't even began to feel the grind yet. Have fun killine 13 mobs for 0.01% XP (solo i.e. no buffer in party or anything), when you actually get to those levels.

Has nonthing to do with Epeen. Lineage 2 is an Open World, Open PVP game thats based on Clan Politics  where the Clans / Alliances fight each other for control of the valuable resources in the game.  I will repeat again, this is not World Of Warcraft regardless of what it sounds like to a person who has never played a real mmo and has no idea what the hell I am talking about.

You're still missing his point. L2 is plagued by bad gameplay, bad game machanics, and lack of any decent content.

It's not world of warcraft. It's worrst than WoW. It's a PvP game, and even the PvP is much worse than World of Warcraft.

Lol @ hte Politics comment. Seriously, that crap stopped working as a crutch for this game years ago... Let it go. L2 peaked around C5/Interlude and it has gone steadily downhill since then. That was like... 3 years ago when those updates were released.

On top of that, we're constantly behind Korea and almost any other region on updates. We don't even have Freya yet, and they have the update after Freya live in Korea.

This game is a failure in teh NA/EU market but survives only because it is alone in its niche.

Originally posted by UbahNecro

You're still missing his point. L2 is plagued by bad gameplay, bad game machanics, and lack of any decent content.

It's not world of warcraft. It's worrst than WoW. It's a PvP game, and even the PvP is much worse than World of Warcraft.

Lol @ hte Politics comment. Seriously, that crap stopped working as a crutch for this game years ago... Let it go. L2 peaked around C5/Interlude and it has gone steadily downhill since then. That was like... 3 years ago when those updates were released.

On top of that, we're constantly behind Korea and almost any other region on updates. We don't even have Freya yet, and they have the update after Freya live in Korea.

This game is a failure in teh NA/EU market but survives only because it is alone in its niche.

The was always stong in politics and clan interaction, Radar ( used by every single top clan in this game is almost a NEED now to pvp) , rampant ebaying of adena destroyed it really, from interlude - c4 L2 was amazing clans helped eachother a lot, ppl didnt hop guilds and who did were really KOSed and not very well thought off by the community, it was all about politics, not anymore, was just talking to a friend who still plays and is 82, he says there is no point me coming back, clans are just a tag, you need a constant party which you only get if your in the top ppl, and you need full boss jewels, +300 atr S80 weapon and armor to be marginally competitive.

Like you mentioned it just became a play to win no one cares about anyone else game which is a shame.

Originally posted by UbahNecro

I have level 79 (76 Sub), 78, 77, 67, 60, and 58 toons. Gratz on your two 77s? I don't need you coming here telling people one thing may be for someone and not for someone else. The game is grindy as hell, and it's not hard to get confirmation on that. Clannies what? The NA/EU servers are borderline dead (in route to second mergers) and it's hard to find a legit clan, especially one that actually supports their players because the game is full of clan hoppers (Play-To-Win mentality) and players who use clans as a stepping stone to better gear and higher levels, and then leave to go bandwagon a top clan.

They have made leveling easier, but that doesn't really change the fact that it still requires hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of hours of grinding, and you will not be competitive in PvP until you have level 81+ in this game - with near top gear.

Your two 77 toons aren't any accomplishment. You haven't even began to feel the grind yet. Have fun killine 13 mobs for 0.01% XP (solo i.e. no buffer in party or anything), when you actually get to those levels.

Dude, you soud like a total idiot. When did I say this game does not have a grind? Read my 1st post where I said that Lineage 2 grind is tough. Whats wrong with saying that this Lineage 2 is a game that will not appeal to eveybody which is the definition of a nich game and thats what Lineage 2 is. Are you retarded or something? It seems you have no clue on how to read something and comprehend what a person is saying.  I said that I am enjoying the game, and regardless of what level toons you SAY you got, nonthing you say will change that. How am I not felling the grind? Just becaause you are higher level? So I guess to a level 80 you aint feeling nonting yet. I guess to a 81 a level 80 dont know the meaning of the word grind. LMAO, do you even think before you say something? You no lifers who will take any chance to say what level you are to boost are so sad. What even more pathetic is that you have all these levels and all these toons but from your post you clearly do not like Lineage 2. So that right there tells me what you probaly dont have any high level characters and you are just another Lineage 2 failure. image