Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vampiric Embrace

pussaykatpussaykat Member Posts: 791

Last i played a priest. This skill did 15% of dmg healing to all. Now it's 15% to self and 3% to party.

Why did they nerf shadow priest only heal?

On a side note. WoW CM are emo.

-Would you like cheddar or swiss cheese?
-Yes.

Comments

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981

Between that and the nerf to the Dispel Magic glyph, I can no longer effectively heal with my shadow priest :(

joking aside, not sure why they nerfed it. Perhaps it made things too easy or just took too much load off the primary healer.

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• pussaykatpussaykat Member Posts: 791

Well if they're going to make this talent useless, at the very least put something good on the 30 point line.

-Would you like cheddar or swiss cheese?
    -Yes.

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981

I don't see it as useless. Maybe just less useful ;)

I still use this just as I still use the dispel magic glyph. Now, however, instead of being part of my rotation, it is a buff, so it doesn't even take anything to cast it. I think it has become more useful in that aspect even if it does less overall healing.

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

Originally posted by pussaykat

Last i played a priest. This skill did 15% of dmg healing to all. Now it's 15% to self and 3% to party.

Why did they nerf shadow priest only heal?

On a side note. WoW CM are emo.

It was just one of those abilities that got nerfed when blizzard changed to 'bring the player, not the spec'.   Too many guilds were being forced to bring shadow priest just because that 'buff' was so awesome... bring two shadow priests, and you don't need a raid healer.  In some raids, guilds were bringing 5 shadow priests.    The same thing happened to shaman with bloodlust... Instead of nerfing the buff, they instead put recipients on a cooldown.

The good thing about VE is that it is no longer a spell that needs to be cast on every target.  it now has a 30 minute timer and works on every spell you cast.  Makes it much easier on your rotation.   It also makes tabbing SW:P, DP on 6 different targets a lot of fun.

Blizzard just has taken away ANY buff that a guild would see as 'mandatory' for a raid, or else they gave that same buff to multiple specs.  For instance, in Cata, there is another class that is getting bloodlust... and mark of the wild (druid) and kings (paladin) are going to be the same thing.

Bring the player, not the class.   it was all the rage 2 years ago.