Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do not attempt to get the Prairie Chicken Mount through Gamestop

BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

I already got Fallen Earth for free from this site. So I order the box set from Gamestop. It had 60days time and I wanted the disk. Also..I liked the goofy chicken mount. I got my box set in the mail. Apparently I can not use the 60days per fallen earth support. I was fine with that. At least I had the chicken mount and a hardcopy of the game...right?...Wrong....the Chicken mount ...despite being pictured on the box...was limited.

Now I saw this info on the site but ignorantlyI was under the impression that since these items are selling points to make the product more inviting than another distributors version..they would at least tell you..before you purchase..whether there were any mounts left. What was I thinking? Honesty in business..lol. So i advise you look at other stores for any other special items and avoid Gamestop. Especially if you expect a chicken mount.

The game itself is great.(I even bought a digital download from Direct2Drive for the rifle. I got that). Just wanted to look silly on a prairie chicken. lol.

I have sent a reply to Gamestop for a refund..(advising them that the activation key has not been used ,,which it hasn't)...but I'm not expecting much since they still use the chicken mount as a selling point on the website but have apparently run out of codes . Who knows when they sent out the last one. Seems like a dubious sales tactic to offer a special item that may or may not still be in stock..yet still advertise it on the box itself. As a matter of fact..as I type this ..the Prairie chicken Mount is still listed (while supplies last) on the add for Fallen Earth: Bloodsports. No indication it is not available.

Again...please buy your boxed copy of Bloodsports elsewhere. Gamestop sucks.

Comments

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

Cool beans.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• thelawoflogicthelawoflogic Member UncommonPosts: 788

i works fine

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

sorry..it didn't post my OP..had to go back and edit.

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Weird i bought my game from Game Stop about a week ago and i've got both my 60 days + prarie chicken mount (which btw whoops ass it carrys about twice as much items as my actual toon can.) Another question? Why would you be ok with not getting the 60 days? And which FE GM told you that you couldnt use the 60 days? lol

I had a problem entering my 60 day key code too but i talked with Carlin and he walked me thru it.. First off, there was some goof with game stop that the O's on the key were actually Q's.. Carlin told me to enter the key code with Q's instead of O's and it worked perfectly after that, so maybe you'll want to give that a shot.

Again.. I had wonderful results purchaseing my copy at Game Stop.. And how come ur not getting ur prarie chicken mount? Did u enter the key code in? lol Btw the key code is on the actual receit itself so if you ended up throwing it away then looked thru ur box for the keycode you'll be pretty pissed.. I almost threw the receipt away myself until i noticed it.. I actually saw a lvl 1 first timer on a prarie chicken mount today, so im sure they still have em left.. It's a digital item for petes sake, how do u run out of that? lol

Jus dig the receipt out ur trash and u'll be ok.

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

I am getting the 30 days from the direct2drive key but was told via email reply from support that I will not get the 60days from the Gamestop box. It says I can not override the current product key with the 60day one from Gamestop. I never received a code for the mount. I purchased it online and was mailed the box (with chicken mount picture on the box which does say while supplies last). There is no email sent to me with mount code (which it says would occur within 2 business days) and nothing on receipt email or other wise. Gamestop customer support told me that no one is guaranteed a mount as they were first come first served..YET...they still advertise it on the website as a selling point for purchasing their Fallen Earth Bloodsports box above other distributors.. This seems unscrupulous to me since they obviously have run out...either that or they just don't want to bother to send me a code. So basically all I got from the extra Fallen Earth orders...and I already had the game for free from mmorpg.com..was the rifle/ammo from direct to drive and an actual game disk. Bullshit. I don't mind paying because I have enjoyed the game for months and never had to pay for the game itself due to various promo offers.(except monthly fees a few times) ...I would just like to get ..from Gamestop..what was advertised...and would expect them to pull the add offering a Prairie Chicken Mount with purchase if there are none left. Instead they just want to bait people into buying their product  without actually having any special mount codes left to provide.

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671

Wait for the free 30 days to expire then try the 60 day code. Has that been tested yet?

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

Originally posted by lugal

Wait for the free 30 days to expire then try the 60 day code. Has that been tested yet?

On August 5th ...the free 14days offer will expire. FE support told me the 30days from Direct2Drive will go into effect but that I cn NOT get free 60days from my separate purchase of the Gamestop box. I think this is a bit ridiculous but I'm certainly not going to quit the game. I like it too much ..lol. I will try the Gamestop key after my Direct2Drive expires...hopefully it will work and just can't be added cumulatively at this time.

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671

Thats what I was thinking as well. Sort of an issue with thier billing system(coding), not really a policy issue.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

Originally posted by lugal

Thats what I was thinking as well. Sort of an issue with thier billing system(coding), not really a policy issue.

The fallen earth support email reply seemed to say the 60days would not be applied at all. Hopefully it is just a billing system limitation and I can at least get something from the second purchase of the game. At any rate..I blame none of this on Icarus Studios or people involved with Fallen Earth. Only the shadowy practices at Gamestop's Website. Direct2Drive offered a product...and delivered. Every Store I've ever ordered from..online or off....pre-order or special items,,,always delivered. Why does gamestop only offer a limited supply yet has the Chicken Mount offered on the website and pictured right on the box itself?(with Limited Availability in small print ,of course)...and it's been at least 2 days since I was told they were no longer available.

I can understand it not being supplied if you already used Direct 2 Drives 30 day promo key code.. I mean if you were able to stack codes it'd be cheaper to jus go buy up all of Game Stop's games for $20 and use their 60 day key codes instead of paying the $30 it'd cost for the 60 day game time.. I think what they mean is the 30 day free game time will not stack with the 60 day free game time.. So if u havent put you're Direct 2 Drive code in you should be ok by useing the 60 day one first.. Cuz i know my 60 day free time stacked with my 14 day trial i now have 74 days of game time lol..

And yea that sucks about ur mount man.. Next time make sure u request a receipt thats usually how Game Stop gives out their promos.. I know it's f'd up but i guess it's cheaper + safer for them to print out the code on the receipt at purchase instead of putting it in each game box.

Currently Playing:

Originally posted by Hellfyre420

I can understand it not being supplied if you already used Direct 2 Drives 30 day promo key code.. I mean if you were able to stack codes it'd be cheaper to jus go buy up all of Game Stop's games for $20 and use their 60 day key codes instead of paying the $30 it'd cost for the 60 day game time.. I think what they mean is the 30 day free game time will not stack with the 60 day free game time.. So if u havent put you're Direct 2 Drive code in you should be ok by useing the 60 day one first.. Cuz i know my 60 day free time stacked with my 14 day trial i now have 74 days of game time lol..

And yea that sucks about ur mount man.. Next time make sure u request a receipt thats usually how Game Stop gives out their promos.. I know it's f'd up but i guess it's cheaper + safer for them to print out the code on the receipt at purchase instead of putting it in each game box.

I ordered online. So my receipt was an email. They were suppose to send the mount code to me via email within 2business days. I never received an email with mount code. The box I recieved in the mail just had the disk and manual. Nothing on the shipping order either. When I contacted customer service they replied to the effect that no one is guaranteed a mount...and well.. basically...too bad, they ran out. However..others on the FE forums claim they bought copies at the store after I purchased mine online and the codes from their receipts were fine. Meanwhile online purchasers I've conversed with are being screwed..some were told as long as two weeks ago that there were no keys available. I wouldn't be surprised if ,,,sometime after their "promo" ends ...some Gamestop employee starts selling Prairie Chicken Mount codes on ebay for $20.00 a shot.

As for the 60days..I should have waited and used the 2nd product key. I am fine with losing out on the time. My main beef with Gamestop is that they continue to advertise the chicken mount for all methods of sale yet are not sending out codes for online purchases. I have run into many others on the FE forums who have the same problem. All of which ordered online. Fallen Earth support is going to reimburse me for the mount..I just sent them the Gamestop product key for proof and should hear back from them soon. They also claim to be contacting Gamestop to check on their distribution practices for the item codes.

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

Seems there is something fowl going on with Gamestop and their chicken mount codes.

• unsane13unsane13 Member Posts: 160

For what its worth, the mount is extremely slow, like the slowest mount in the game slow and you can't shoot from it. mine has been parked since I got it. I wish I could just give mine to you since I will never use it again. I totally understand being upset about not getting an item that was printed on the box but if it is any consolidation at all the item isn't worth the fuss.

60 days of game time is another story but I'm pretty sure it was stated somewhere that you had to use it on a new account that had never had a product key applied to it before (like a brand new account or a existing trial account).

"For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, 'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.' Such is the rule of honour..."

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

Originally posted by unsane13

For what its worth, the mount is extremely slow, like the slowest mount in the game slow and you can't shoot from it. mine has been parked since I got it. I wish I could just give mine to you since I will never use it again. I totally understand being upset about not getting an item that was printed on the box but if it is any consolidation at all the item isn't worth the fuss.

60 days of game time is another story but I'm pretty sure it was stated somewhere that you had to use it on a new account that had never had a product key applied to it before (like a brand new account or a existing trial account).

QFT...or at least I looked like it would suck. Joke mount? Sure good for approxiamately 0.75 laughs. I was never egg-static over it at all. I would rather ride a creeper before I would ever ride a chicken mount...strap a creeper to each foot and then ride the wasteland!

Originally posted by Ryukan

Seems there is something fowl going on with Gamestop and their chicken mount codes.

I see what you did there..lol

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Weird i bought my game from Game Stop about a week ago and i've got both my 60 days + prarie chicken mount (which btw whoops ass it carrys about twice as much items as my actual toon can.)

Same here, purchased a secondary account from GS roughly a week ago and I had no issues whatsoever.

Contact Carlin or another member of the Staff and see if they can give you a hand.

Originally posted by unsane13

I know what you're saying. I never expected much out of the Chicken Mount. Just a goofy mount. I had the option of buying a cheaper box elsewhere...but chose the Gamestop edition because of the mount , the manual and the disk itself. Yeah I was hoping for free 60days but I wasn't sure I could use it because I already had a digital download key activated. I just wanted a hard-copy and the mount was the selling point that made me choose their box set over others.  So,  I guess I intended to receive what I expected for my money. I still think the Prairie Chicken Mount is sexy-goofy-cool FTW!!! Eat Mo' Chicken BIATTTTCHES!!!.....er...ahem.

lol the chicken mount may be slow but its like a walking vault.. perfect for people who want to hold onto their mat's and be able to craft anywhere on the go; like myself.. But yeah, it does suck you cant shoot off them.. And TBH once i get my ATV i prolly wont ever use it agan lol..

Ultimatley i want to get one of the cars tho.. They look so cool.

Currently Playing:

lol the chicken mount may be slow but its like a walking vault.. perfect for people who want to hold onto their mat's and be able to craft anywhere on the go; like myself.. But yeah, it does suck you cant shoot off them.. And TBH once i get my ATV i prolly wont ever use it agan lol..

Ultimatley i want to get one of the cars tho.. They look so cool.

Yeah,,,I crafted the ATV key but opted to  research motorcycles. This used up my key. Then I made a motorcycle instead..They don't hold much but are pretty quick. Can't wait to be able to craft a combat version. I use my 2 dogs and 2 horses (nag and riding) as inventory holders. Load  them up with stuff then park them. Acts like my own travelling vaults.(gives me about 32 extra slots...not to mention the mounts I'll make in the future).only available through the garage/stables. I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this.

Just wanted to say that FE has corrected the problem created by Gamestop. They have sent me a gift code for the Prairie Chicken Mount that  Gamestop  claims is out of stock. (yet still randomly appear to be distributing after they denied my request).

Anyone who is still on the edge about whether or not to purchase Fallen Earth...just do it. I even got it for free from this  website and still forked out money for the box.  The game is great in so many ways..including, from my experience, their staff and support. If you haven't tried it..then do so. PLAY FALLEN EARTH!!