Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars

accedentaly posted this in the spam section, so here it is again...

Dude, does this game look awsome or what?!?!?image My freind kept telling me how cool it looked and when I finally went on guildwars.com I was blown away. Great graphics, no subscription fee, and it looks like its gonna have pretty good charicter customazation options. It seems like its going to be more quest based than a game like "EverQuest". However, it still looks like you have plenty of options to do non-quest related things, so it stays true to what an RPG should really be about---doing whatever you want. I know someones gonna get mad at me for saying this, but I think its gonna nock world of warcraft down to no. 2

Peace out!!!

Comments

• WickesWickes Member UncommonPosts: 749
    Haven't seen The Dude around today.  I'll let him know you're trying to get hold of him.
  • ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Haven't looked into it all that much. Don't have time to since I'm already enjoying SWG, EQ2 and Planetside with the occasional jaunt into EQ1 to visit old friends.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• HitashiChiHitashiChi Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by KomicKeeper

accedentaly posted this in the spam section, so here it is again...

Dude, does this game look awsome or what?!?!?image My freind kept telling me how cool it looked and when I finally went on guildwars.com I was blown away. Great graphics, no subscription fee, and it looks like its gonna have pretty good charicter customazation options. It seems like its going to be more quest based than a game like "EverQuest". However, it still looks like you have plenty of options to do non-quest related things, so it stays true to what an RPG should really be about---doing whatever you want. I know someones gonna get mad at me for saying this, but I think its gonna nock world of warcraft down to no. 2
    Peace out!!!

Yup...I'm looking forward to Guild Wars too...just like many of you. It seems too good to be true with the whole "no monthly payment" idea. I hope this game is as good as people expect...image

Can I make a signature? I would if I could, but I can't so I won't.

• tricontricon Member Posts: 141

There is no monthly fee for Guildwars, but they are planning for regular expansion set release.. so in the end, the amount paid will almost be the same as monthly subscription.image

The Best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.

• punchlinepunchline Member Posts: 544

Originally posted by tricon
    There is no monthly fee for Guildwars, but they are planning for regular expansion set release.. so in the end, the amount paid will almost be the same as monthly subscription.image

your right in many ways...
    it might end up alittle cheaper
    and im not 100% sure that you HAVE to purchase the expansions

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

I'm starting to look forward to it more and more, because I don't think I will feel obligated to play since i am not going to pay monthly or probably not going to get any expansions. and lvl 20 is as high as i go before quiting a game anyways, at least that is the end game lmao.

• KomicKeeperKomicKeeper Member Posts: 15
    I think that every decent game out there will end up having expancions, but unless they produce new ones really frequently, it will still be way cheaper
  • ajaxxajaxx Member Posts: 476

Punchline, is the arena pvp in guildwars as good as tft? I know it's totally different but does it take similar type of skills?

• Originally posted by punchline

There is no monthly fee for Guildwars, but they are planning for regular expansion set release.. so in the end, the amount paid will almost be the same as monthly subscription.image

your right in many ways...
    it might end up alittle cheaper
    and im not 100% sure that you HAVE to purchase the expansions

Developers have stated on severeal occassions you do NOT have to buy the expansions if you don't want to.

There is no monthly fee for Guildwars, but they are planning for regular expansion set release.. so in the end, the amount paid will almost be the same as monthly subscription.image

Everquest had a bajillion (what, at least 5-6?) expansions that thousands paid for in addition to their monthly fees.  Expansion sets are PLANNED to be released about every 6 months (and usually dates tend to move back, rarely forward).  Even if  the expansions were price as a new game at $50, which it probably won't because it's an expansion, you're still only paying about $8.40 a month.

One of my favorite aspects of Guild Wars is that they work so hard patching the game, going through several builds a day.  And instead of the big patches and a server restart, it just streams the updates while you're playing.  Only ocassionally would it ask for you to restart your game to get a new client version, and even then it only asked rather than kick you off.  In developer interviews I have seen them accurately point out all the stuff that most people didn't like about past RPGs, and I think they'll do a great job of making it fun.

• WowTrollWowTroll Member Posts: 74

I will be buying Guild Wars when it comes out. I have been playing WOW from when it came out, and love it. Guild Wars looks as good(or even a little betterimage) as WOW. A because i dont have to pay per month(I am only 13 and make like 5 bucks a week) will help alot

Plasticspork: Wow
    Buffilo Soilder: Counter Strike
    Plasticspork: Shot-Online

If you can read my avitar it says
    " ACDC, Back in Black"

• HyoukanHyoukan Member Posts: 307

At first I wasn't THAT into the idea of Guild Wars, but I definately am now. Gonna be my replacment for CS. I get bored in different MMO, then log onto Guild Wars to vent my anger.

Seriously it looks cool, and extremely competitive MMO, sounds great to me. Put together a guild and form groups. A MMO where you can really gain recognition, good or bad.
    For example
    "LOL! It's that guy that sux and always runs into here saying retarded things, and then gets pwned!"

or be known as a guild or person that's really awesome and have people run out of an arena or something when they see you.

Dunno, stuff like that. Look great.