Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those waiting for a proper review of Starcraft 2

expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

95% http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-starcraft-ii/702433 (video) - now go buy it!

Metracritic currently stands at 97% (22 reviews)

Comments

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

More of the same old = gamer's dream.

Let's get rid of that last bit of innovation left in the industry, yeahhhh

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Originally posted by Hyanmen

We've been waiting twelve years for Starcraft 2.

I never understood people that hate on games because they arent innovative enough.

If you actually play SC2 (this would require you to drop the holier than thou attitude) you will see how truly amazing SC2s singleplayer is compared to the old game and how different the multiplayer actually is. too completly different animals man.

Of course you won't, because then you would have to sink to mere mortals levels and try a game thats popular.

We know you don't want to do that.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Games are about fun, if they had changed the Starcraft experience dramatically, chances are it would have sucked and wouldn't resemble the original in the slightest.

The game feels fresh, new and still familiar as well.

It's about the experience, not whether every mechanic is new and never-before-done, which you shouldn't expect from a sequel in the first place.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• Snaylor47Snaylor47 Member Posts: 962

Originally posted by Rockgod99

We've been waiting twelve years for Starcraft 2.

I never understood people that hate on games because they arent innovative enough.

If you actually play SC2 (this would require you to drop the holier than thou attitude) you will see how truly amazing SC2s singleplayer is compared to the old game and how different the multiplayer actually is. too completly different animals man.

Of course you won't, because then you would have to sink to mere mortals levels and try a game thats popular.

We know you don't want to do that.

I hate SC 2 because I never liked #1, nothing wrong with it game play wise I just did not like the story to it, I could not hold my interest at all.  

I never hate thing because they aren't innovative, hell I hate it when people start bitching about things not being innovating when in the end all RTS, MMO,FPS and other game genres are all the same thing with different skins.

I don't care about innovation I care about fun.

• SonikFlashSonikFlash Member UncommonPosts: 561

starcraft 2 singleplayer should have just been a movie.  Actually playing the missions themselves they were short and really the only challenging mission was the last one, even on hard mode the game is just meh.  The cinematics and the story are top notch tho.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

The biggest surprise for me was how awesome the single player experience is in SC2.

I knew the multiplayer was going to be good, I knew the mod community would carry SC2 for years with its custom maps and gametypes.

I had no idea that I would have this type of attachment to the games characters. I actually give a shit about the main character, I looked forward to continuing the dialog with each person on my ship and I look forward to playing the campaign over and over for achievements and unlocks.

To the people that disliked SC1 because of the tacked on feel of its single player, please, please don't judge SC2 before you try it.

Even if you have to download a pirated copy to see the singleplayer its worth the 6+ gig download.

What an amazingly epic experience.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• n3verendRn3verendR Member UncommonPosts: 452
    Let me try and put this as best I can by posting on forums from my android...

Top line: Games are about how fun they are. Nothing else matters, if the best game ever fun wise looked like the first mario brothers... I don't know that I would care because if the game was fun, and multiplayer... well what else do you need?

Starcraft 2 does everything right, it doesn't attempt to bog people down under the guise of shiny new mechanics that may or may not work. While innovation is good, and mind you starcraft 2 does innovate in it's own way... they have only attempted and in mine and a couple million other peoples opinion done quite perfectly... to make something that has longevity and fun factor.

I feel like I got more than my moneys worth in buying the game and quite frankly after playing 3 months of beta I wasn't too excited about the game. I'm glad I kept my preorder though because having since played the campaign, challenge missions and expanded array of multiplayer opponents... I can tell you that haters of starcraft 2 either don't like rts games, or need to lay off the haterade.

Also, to the guy that mentioned the only hard mission was the final mission... I found that zeratuls last mission and the limited resources battlecruiser introduction map was a lot harder.

P.S. The secret mission was super fun. Gave me a nice throwback to resident evil 3

People think it's fun to pretend your a monster. Me I spend my life pretending I'm not. - Dexter Morgan

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

I am not a big RTS fan, I have played a few over the years and enjoy them on occasion.

SC2 is a great game, maybe not uber moving the RTS genre to never before dreamed of heights, but ALOT of fun.

Anyone who doesnt give this game a chance because its blizzard or they think its not innovative enuff is missing out. The single player experience alone is worth the price IMO.

I remember playing the 1st starcraft when it was released and I played the expansions. SC2 to me is a much better experience as far as single player goes.  Give it a try, you just might like it. I know I am enjoying it and I dont usually even play RTS games.

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Originally posted by SonikFlash

starcraft 2 singleplayer should have just been a movie.  Actually playing the missions themselves they were short and really the only challenging mission was the last one, even on hard mode the game is just meh.  The cinematics and the story are top notch tho.

Did you actually play the missions. Most missions will range from 15mins to 1 hour. Thats anything but short for a RTS game. Not to mention every mission was different and had you doing something different. If you average it out to 30 mins a mission (and thats about what it comes to since some missions run longer then 30 mins and some are shorter) that comes upto 13 hours of single player story over 26 missions.  But given that there are 29 missions total (including the unlockable ones) and also taking into account that if you want to enjoy the story your going to spend around 5 to 10 mins after each mission listening to the characters talking and the cinematics.

I wouldn't exactly call that short by any stretch for a RTS game when it comes to single player.

I just do not understand why people hate on games just to spew bad information and try to bring the game down. Now I can understand not everyone is going to like the game, but lets all be honest here. The game is anything but short or bad.

I also agree a Starcraft 2 movie would be freakin awesome. If Blizzard every got into the CG Movie making business for there franchises, it would be a top seller.

• SonikFlashSonikFlash Member UncommonPosts: 561

Originally posted by Thomas2006

Originally posted by SonikFlash

Did you actually play the missions. Most missions will range from 15mins to 1 hour. Thats anything but short for a RTS game. Not to mention every mission was different and had you doing something different. If you average it out to 30 mins a mission (and thats about what it comes to since some missions run longer then 30 mins and some are shorter) that comes upto 13 hours of single player story over 26 missions.  But given that there are 29 missions total (including the unlockable ones) and also taking into account that if you want to enjoy the story your going to spend around 5 to 10 mins after each mission listening to the characters talking and the cinematics.

I wouldn't exactly call that short by any stretch for a RTS game when it comes to single player.

I just do not understand why people hate on games just to spew bad information and try to bring the game down. Now I can understand not everyone is going to like the game, but lets all be honest here. The game is anything but short or bad.

I also agree a Starcraft 2 movie would be freakin awesome. If Blizzard every got into the CG Movie making business for there franchises, it would be a top seller.

Oh the game itself took a chunk of time, but each individual mission could be beat in 10-15 minutes. (, i wanted some of those epic fights from starcraft 1 back

• ZookzZookz Member Posts: 244

Here, I'll write a review of SC2. 

It's like SC1 but better. 

Done. 

• HrothmundHrothmund Member Posts: 1,061

I found the singleplayer to be a bit too short for my tastes. In terms of missions, and in terms of story.