Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wish Blizzard focused more on making Rts,Dungeon crawler Rpgs and less on mmos.

Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

I understand that WoW and the up and coming mmo is going to be Blizzards money maker.

But in a perfect world designed just for Rockgod99 I would have Blizzard shift its focus on Starcraft, Diablo, Warcraft Rts and even its older games like Lost vikings, Blackthorn and maybe even resurrect that Ghost stealth game.

To me it seems like such a waste to keep those guys tied up in MMOs when they create such fabulous games in other genres.

Before WoW released Blizzard was simply the best PC game developer (imo of course).

With the talent they've shown with SC2 I would hate to have to wait 10-15 more years for games like SC & Diablo because 100% of thier resources are tied up in MMOs.

Anyway... just my 2cents, who agrees with me?

Playing: Rift, LotRO
Waiting on: GW2, BP

Comments

• luciusETRURluciusETRUR Member Posts: 442

Originally posted by Rockgod99

I understand that WoW and the up and coming mmo is going to be Blizzards money maker.

But in a perfect world designed just for Rockgod99 I would have Blizzard shift its focus on Starcraft, Diablo, Warcraft Rts and even its older games like Lost vikings, Blackthorn and maybe even resurrect that Ghost stealth game.

To me it seems like such a waste to keep those guys tied up in MMOs when they create such fabulous games in other genres.

Before WoW released Blizzard was simply the best PC game developer (imo of course).

With the talent they've shown with SC2 I would hate to have to wait 10-15 more years for games like SC & Diablo because 100% of thier resources are tied up in MMOs.

Considering StarCraft II just came out and Diablo III is on the horizon, with two StarCraft expansions ALREADY announced... not really sure what you are complaining about...

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Originally posted by luciusETRUR

Considering StarCraft II just came out and Diablo III is on the horizon, with two StarCraft expansions ALREADY announced... not really sure what you are complaining about...

I wasn't complaining.

I wasn't complaining.

Yes, you are. You're complaint is that they spend too much time on MMOs and not RTS/RPG.. although I find this ironic since you're at www.mmorpg.com...

Originally posted by Robokapp

MMOs pay better. Why shift away from a profitable business model?

keep in mind SC2 is too hardcore for some. WoW has the option to pvp but by no means is it a major component of the game.

You read my first two lines of my OP? When someone puts "in a prefect world designed just for <enter posters name here>" Its not really intended as a serious post. I assumed you guys would laugh and understand when type of convo i was trying to start.

I'm well aware that they make more money with mmos. I would still like more non-mmo games from them though.

think of the thread as If money didnt matter wouldnt it be awesome if we got more non-mmo games from blizzard.

I wasn't complaining.

Yes, you are. You're complaint is that they spend too much time on MMOs and not RTS/RPG.. although I find this ironic since you're at www.mmorpg.com...

Really? Your trying to troll me in whats basically a what if thread for fun? go outside.

Edit: Hey ass****! this is the general gaming forum I can have a discussion about other game genres here.

I wasn't complaining.

Really? Your trying to troll me in whats basically a what if thread for fun? go outside.

Edit: Hey ass****! this is the general gaming forum I can have a discussion about other game genres here.

You are pretty intelligent. I'm not complaining that your discussing other genre's, I just find it ironic.

I wasn't complaining.

You are pretty intelligent. I'm not complaining that your discussing other genre's, I just find it ironic.

Why because my topic is about a talented developer making more non-mmo games in a general gaming forum set aside just for single player and multiplayer console and PC/mac games?

It wasn't intended as a serious ./rant thread just a wouldnt it be cool or what if topic. Obviously im aware that Blizzard is going to keep churning out mmos and expansions since 11+ million addicts pick it up even if its crap.

I guess its too early in the day and people are way to serious about games here to have a little fun with a forum topic.

Sorry folks, ill make threads you all like, more doom and gloom and themepark sucks threads coming up lol.

• cyan85cyan85 Member UncommonPosts: 59

Rockgod99, you're in luck, Blizzard does have an unannounced game that is NOT the unannounced MMO.  Whether it's a RTS or dungeon crawler is anyone's guess, the only thing that's been revealed about it is they're using the WoW engine as a placeholder engine, and that it will likely hit the consoles as well as the PC.  Blizzard's release lineup is probably going to look something like this:

WoW Cataclysm

Diablo 3

Starcraft 2 expansions

Unannounced MMO

Unannounced mystery game

Diablo 3 expansions

????

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

With Starcraft 2 in full swing and Diablo 3 on the way is there a major need to play any mmos at the moment ? Everyone knows that multiplayer rts/rpg/fps games > than mmos!

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

I happen to agree with you. I also wish they would concentrate more on non mmo games.

WoW of course is their cash cow and from a business standpoint it only makes sense to focus on it more. But from someone who enjoys their other games alot more than WoW I would love to see more resources devoted to their other titles.

Blizzards own games are their biggest competitor for WoW, so other games get put on the back burner while they milk WoW for all its worth.

• KingKong007KingKong007 Member Posts: 149

Originally posted by SaintViktor

With Starcraft 2 in full swing and Diablo 3 on the way is there a major need to play any mmos at the moment ? Everyone knows that multiplayer rts/rpg/fps games > than mmos!

It's not a problem of MMO's or non MMO's, it is a question of putting out great polished on line games.

I would like to see a Blizzard console game based on the WOW engine with BG dynamics and dungeon crawling.

The line between "MMO" and "other" would be very artificial.

• striker09dxstriker09dx Member UncommonPosts: 197

*poof* a genie appears and slaps you back to reality.

Doing some maths, you will see that those mmo bring more cash with less resource used.

Now, being an organisation which is being run for profit, they could have maximised that by dropping SCII all together, but they actually gave SCII some thought and brought to you the game. (actualy it was more of a business continuity mindset that they made SCII, but  let's say they are good guys.)