Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFG that does not play like WoW

bigdjrbigdjr Member Posts: 40

Hey guys just looking for a game that does not play like WoW. I enjoyed FFXI but with my busy schedule I can't really get into it. EVE wasn't too bad but i'm more into pve and fighting incredibly hard bosses. It can be f2p or p2p either does not really matter to me.

Comments

• Have you tried Age of Conan? they have a lot of pve content in the game right now. As far as raiding goes it's the most fun I've had in an mmorpg.

• bigdjrbigdjr Member Posts: 40

Not at all. One question i have before i try it is it going to be like WoW as I level up or is it a little different?

• I guess that depends, in what way do you mean?

I think what I'm asking is if there is more group content than solo content

• romerokromerok Member Posts: 104

Ye the dungeons and everything alike in AoC are really fun to do, it differs alot from wows 'fast loot play'

I would say, Give it ago if your system is capible of running it near max.. the combat is 'fresh' and the graphics are cool aswell, and its not really time consuming, as its just basicly doing quests and dungeons in sessions that match your play time.

Edit: Oh ye its really easy to find people to quest with (on a popud server), Or just convice a friend to play it !

Other than that, there is focus on solo play in some degree, but most of the time you're capible/better of(f) doing content with a partner.

"You resist. You cling to your life as if it actually matters. You will learn."

• Originally posted by bigdjr

I think what I'm asking is if there is more group content than solo content

As far as leveling goes theres not THAT much group content, but you get a completly different leveling experience with AoC imo.

theres an endless free trial you can download, you can level up to 25 I believe.

Haha as long as its different than WoW and all of its clones I'll give it a try thanks guys.

• If you want to play on a PVE server I recommend wiccana, and if you more into PVP I recommend Tyranny.

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

AoC is fun till end game basically.

The tough bosses are fun, but you cvan only do the raids once a week.

The rest are negatives... pvp class balance is a joke, leveling up is meh since most people just solo villas, cheating is getting a little too prevalent and the community is fairly childish.

There's a reason the game is puttering around after the first major expac...

I'll give it a try. You say end game is boring could you elaborate?

• DrilDril Member Posts: 107

Before you go into AoC: the community really is awful there. People say WoW's community is bad, it has nothing on AoC. They're rude when the devs talk to them, it's full of whining PvP fanbois who think everything should be balanced around them, and generally people either keep themselves to themselves or are just utter arseholes. I even found a little guild that wasn't too bad but even then there was a fair bit of trash talking going on all the time.

RIFT was a *crushing* disappointment; a shallow, loveless, generic MMO the likes of which hasn't been seen in a P2P format since, well, forever.

Eagerly awaiting: World of Darkness, ArcheAge.

• Originally posted by Dril

Before you go into AoC: the community really is awful there. People say WoW's community is bad, it has nothing on AoC. 

generally people either keep themselves to themselves or are just utter arseholes.

I have to disagree.  AoC has a TON of elitists who think they're better than you,  but you'll mostly find them on pvp servers and in the "best" pvp guilds. Aside from your normal global spammers you have in every game, people are pretty nice imo.

Although I don't play anymore (because I got bored of shrines) I had more fun in AoC than any other current mmo.

I tried AoC just could not hook me into it. Compat was great for it but idk maybe I need to get a higher level for it.

I'm looking for a game with lots of pve content or atleast something to do other than doing the same raids over again. FFXI was fun because there were so many things to do such as farming, fishing, crafting, fight rare monsters for super elite equipment.

Don't get me wrong I love raiding its just that if I'm locked out of an instance for a week like on WoW theres got to be something fun to do other than level your alt.

• gauge2k3gauge2k3 Member Posts: 442

Don't play on a PvP server if you want to enjoy the game.  That's all I'm going to say here.  PvE servers in general are more about grouping and working together.  BEcause the focus is on the game and not other plays so much.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by bigdjr

I'm looking for a game with lots of pve content or atleast something to do other than doing the same raids over again. FFXI was fun because there were so many things to do such as farming, fishing, crafting, fight rare monsters for super elite equipment.

FFXIV is almost here and far more accessible to solo and casual gaming than XI was.  And just like FFXI, its entirely different than <all that other copy & paste crap> that is prevalent everywhere and doesn't appear to ever take that next step.  FFXIV is also once again 100% PvE like FFXI, will have group enforced content but with the new Guildleves; which are an extensive and heavily updated version of the Fields of Valor you will still be able to make some progress in short bursts of daily fun.

There are 11 harvesting and crafting classes to start with, as well as 7 melee and magic combat classes, 18 in all for now.  NMs will be back, as well as a upgraded aggro system from XI, including enemies that will form their own PTs and hunt players and quite a robust combat system where you can target enemies from all angles and move around them quickly and strike certain body parts, injuring and stopping certain attacks or even break off a piece for crafting...

If ya can hold out another 51 days...its almost here!

• jawsomejawsome Member Posts: 28

Darkfall Online.

Anselm Williams of defiant Order a Darkfall clan

• NadriellNadriell Member UncommonPosts: 197

start from 2003 and go backwards.