Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long will we have to wait for the Zerg and Protoss versions of SC2?

Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Don't get me wrong guys i love my SC2 but playing through this wonderful Terran campaign has me extremely excited for my romp with the queen of blades in the zerg edition and whoever they use for the protoss edition.

my question is how long do you think we will be waiting?

Considering SC looks like its going to sell damn near 20 million its first year of release will that give Blizzard incentive to actually deliver Zerg and Protoss versions on a reasonably timed manner (1-3 years) or do you think we will be waiting over five years for all chapters to release?

just a little speculation fun, i know we just got the Terran game but being the fanatic I am i can't wait for the other two.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
Waiting on: GW2, BP

Comments

• BrifBrif Member UncommonPosts: 529

They will all be spaced 10 years apart.

• huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354

You can certainly expect to wait for sales of Wings to drop off sharply before they consider releasing other content. I haven't been following development but I would say the holiday season would be the earliest chance with spring 2011 being the next probable window. Maybe they will surprise us all though.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I only have a few more missions to go before I see the ending but I tell ya I am already pumped for the next campaign. The story is outstanding so far.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by SaintViktor

I only have a few more missions to go before I see the ending but I tell ya I am already pumped for the next campaign. The story is outstanding so far.

Wait what? The game has been out for what just over 24 hours and you've already blitzed through most of the single player campaign? Is the single player camapign that short or are you just a power gamer?

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Yeah i'm playing the campaign on Normal. I plan on going through it two more times on hard and brutal settings then im going to start the challenge maps, then the AI skirmish, then Co-op AI skirmish, Team pvp, 1v1 pratice games, league games on and on.

I just played Epics Dota map and its fucking awesome on custom maps.

Will we ever stop playing SC2? "The world will never know"

Originally posted by Tardcore

Wait what? The game has been out for what just over 24 hours and you've already blitzed through most of the single player campaign? Is the single player camapign that short or are you just a power gamer?

Its 26 missions. a newb takes an average of 30-45 minutes a mission if he doesnt lose a mission.

Theres also an achievement to complete the campaign in 8 hours for the elite player.

I would say the campaign is 15-20 hours for the average mortal, more for a newbie.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Originally posted by Rockgod99

I tried that Epic map, but it seems really bugged. There were no mobs on the left side, I rushed the base at level 1.

Originally posted by Panther2103

I tried that Epic map, but it seems really bugged. There were no mobs on the left side, I rushed the base at level 1.

Yeah its a work in progress but i had a good time messing with the different classes.

With that said I have almost no experience in the newer Dota games like LoL so i have nothing to compare it to other than the AoS map in SC and very early Dota in WC3.

im old school and used to buggy unfinished maps when they're first created. SC2s been out for two days so far so im not expecting much.

If you are a fan of Dota i suggest giving your input to the epic guys. they have quite a few players helping them and who knows it could end up being truely epic in a couple months.

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297

If Blizzard follows their original plan, they said SC2 xpac 1 in 2011 and xpac 2 in 2012.  Course, that's not in stone and they could change their minds at any time.  :)

I will be waiting for when the game is complete.  Releasing 1/3 of the game now and charging me full price, reeks of Activision greed.  The original SC and Broodwar, each had 3 campaigns for the 3 races.  Limiting this to just 1 I feel sells the franchise short.

Course the fact there is no LAN support also sucks.

Its 26 missions. a newb takes an average of 30-45 minutes a mission if he doesnt lose a mission.

Theres also an achievement to complete the campaign in 8 hours for the elite player.

I would say the campaign is 15-20 hours for the average mortal, more for a newbie.

Well so far I have played everything on normal and I had to do the supernova over again because it isn't exactly a cake walk  for the average player contenting with  moving lava, eliminate the protoss and destroy the artifact. I think I have done almost every mission between 20-30 min so far except 1.

Originally posted by DrowNoble

If Blizzard follows their original plan, they said SC2 xpac 1 in 2011 and xpac 2 in 2012.  Course, that's not in stone and they could change their minds at any time.  :)

I will be waiting for when the game is complete.  Releasing 1/3 of the game now and charging me full price, reeks of Activision greed.  The original SC and Broodwar, each had 3 campaigns for the 3 races.  Limiting this to just 1 I feel sells the franchise short.

Course the fact there is no LAN support also sucks.

I agree with the LAN support sucking a big one but disagree with blizzard only giving us 1/3 the game.

They could have easily just given us three campaigns 8-10 missions each race and been done with it.

I prefer to get 26-30 missions each race, the terran campaign is the best rts campaign i've ever played.

I don't think i would have had the same level of attachment to the characters if raynor only had 8-10 missions to tell his story.

If you think the full game should have had 90+ missions, 30 challenge maps with all those achievements and unlocks you expect way too much because noone would give that away for 59 bones.

Well so far I have played everything on normal and I had to do the supernova over again because it isn't exactly a cake walk  for the average player contenting with  moving lava, eliminate the protoss and destroy the artifact. I think I have done almost every mission between 20-30 min so far except 1.

That lava stage is awesome. like an ass i looked away from the screen for a second and had about 15 SVCs and the mercs guarding them get caught in the lava lol! safe to say it took me around 50 minutes to do the first time because of that.

That lava stage is awesome. like an ass i looked away from the screen for a second and had about 15 SVCs and the mercs guarding them get caught in the lava lol! safe to say it took me around 50 minutes to do the first time because of that.

I plan to go back and pick up a few more achievements I missed along the way too. I haven't even touched the multiplayer yet.

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

I did the supernova one in 36 mins. The thing that i thought of when i started this one was that this was a time limit game which meant i needed to be very agressive. So i used units to defend my current base and cloaked flyers to harras the pylons making it easier to wipe out the bases as i went.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Originally posted by HYPERI0N

I did the supernova one in 36 mins. The thing that i thought of when i started this one was that this was a time limit game which meant i needed to be very agressive. So i used units to defend my current base and cloaked flyers to harras the pylons making it easier to wipe out the bases as i went.

I am struggling on the supernova mission on HARD, first try was to mass banshee and take out the bases, worked well until I moved to the 2nd base and carriers showed up, I had no Anti-air. 2nd try decided to go with tanks and marine but immortals dealt with that, so I'll try tanks,marine and maurders with a few medivacs later when once I have done the "family stuff".