Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Site Advertising Single Player Games?

2»

Comments

• VaygusVaygus Member Posts: 131

Thread moved to a more fitting section of the forums.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by cyphers

That's just stupid. You're allowed to call another poster turnip, but someone else can't say something about it? Weird and stupid argumentation.

Reason pops up again. Bad reason! Bad dog!

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Originally posted by cyphers

That's just stupid. You're allowed to call another poster turnip, but someone else can't say something about it? Weird and stupid argumentation.

Lol Turnip was the most light hearted insult I could think off at the time. Maybe I should said he smelled like raisins? Also I took offence at grunty telling me how to be a better person :)  Anyway arguing about things like this on the internet is stupid. If my Turnip comment caused any offence I happily retract it and will amend my original post in just a second. Now can we please stop talking about Turnips and get back on topic.image

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Wait mmo's these days are single player games anyways. The only difference now is instead of not seeing anyone in your single player game, you get a single player game with a chat box and can see other ppl. Might as well advertise single player games if your going to advertise SW:TOR.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

ya i found that kinda weird too...

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by toddze

Wait mmo's these days are single player games anyways. The only difference now is instead of not seeing anyone in your single player game, you get a single player game with a chat box and can see other ppl. Might as well advertise single player games if your going to advertise SW:TOR.

If that's your MMO experience, then you haven't been playing your MMO's right.

But you must have played SW:TOR already, since you know exactly the kind of game it'll be, even better than the developers themselves.

... this discussion is already turning boring, so I'm stepping out of it.

Oh, and turnip, fail, whatever namecalling is being used: if you use it, also be prepped that others can comment on it on their own. SImple as that.

The singleplayer game promotion was only notable this week, I guess we'll see if it continues like that after this week.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by severius

Careful they are issuing warnings for these kinds of posts now lol

No we are not. We are issuign warnings for these kinds of posts in the feature / news discussion threads for the (infrequent) articles we do post on single-player games.

I made it clear that a thread could be made in this forum to discuss this issue and that we would be combing it for feedback. So feel free to discuss this, but please keep it civil. If you guys can't discuss this matter without attacking each other the thread will be locked.

• KruxKrux Member Posts: 274

Originally posted by GTwander

Originally posted by grunty

Originally posted by Warmaker

If I want to do anything on other gaming genres, there's far superior places to go than here.  If the place wants to try to be IGN, I'd rather go to IGN because that's what kind of work they've always been doing image What's next?  News and reviews on the upcoming Medal of Honor game?  Strategies on Super Street Fighter IV?  I came to MMORPG.com for indepth, up to date MMORPG information.

You (well most everyone else in this thread)  are talking about advertisements on this website not the content of the website. Do you really get your news and reviews through advertising elsewhere?  I doubt it. Why expect it from here?

No, they are talking about articles on non-MMO games, to which I still reply;

"who gives a f**k?"

Mike can issue a warning if he wants.  Thats the whos cares.  But isnt your closet already teaming with fanboi knee-pads already :) 

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by MikeB

Originally posted by severius

Careful they are issuing warnings for these kinds of posts now lol

No we are not. We are issuign warnings for these kinds of posts in the feature / news discussion threads for the (infrequent) articles we do post on single-player games.

I made it clear that a thread could be made in this forum to discuss this issue and that we would be combing it for feedback. So feel free to discuss this, but please keep it civil. If you guys can't discuss this matter without attacking each other the thread will be locked.

:: Hurls half-brick at Mike B's head ::

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

..... or not.

I seriously don't understand why people are getting so torqued off over this. The last time I checked none of my gamer friends or I were exclusively MMO players. I feel it is a pretty safe bet to assume that the rest of the MMO playing population are also interested in other kinds of games. Nor does every discussion I participate in on this site revolve solely around MMOs.

I'll also go one step further and say that the single player games mentioned here by the staff so far, are all being made by companies that are also creating MMOs that we are all talking about. Torchlight, will soon be an MMO. Dragon Age 1 & 2, made by Bioware who has never made an MMO before so disecting their new single player games might give us an insight on how SW TOR will pan out. Star Craft 2, made by the makers of the 800 pound gorilla MMO in the room, and also just big news in its own right to a very large group of gamers. Plus it includes Real ID just like Wow which we made a pretty big stink over not long ago.

Last but not least, all of these games have had countless posts made about them by Joe Normal forum user and I don't recall anyone holding their breath until turning purple over those posts. Why should we suddenly feel so much angst that the MMORPG.com staff has decided to join in the discussion?

I mean really? What's it all about, Alfie?

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Originally posted by grunty

Originally posted by Warmaker

If I want to do anything on other gaming genres, there's far superior places to go than here.  If the place wants to try to be IGN, I'd rather go to IGN because that's what kind of work they've always been doing image What's next?  News and reviews on the upcoming Medal of Honor game?  Strategies on Super Street Fighter IV?  I came to MMORPG.com for indepth, up to date MMORPG information.

You (well most everyone else in this thread)  are talking about advertisements on this website not the content of the website. Do you really get your news and reviews through advertising elsewhere?  I doubt it. Why expect it from here?

Advertisements only, eh?  Maybe you didn't notice the big Dragon Age interview conducted by MMORPG.com.  I guess they paid good money for them to "interview" BioWare, but whatever.  Or how about the link for launch day of Starcraft 2 that's still plastered on the front page to MMORPG.com?

Unless things in the MMORPG gaming world are that bad?

As far as where I get my news, I already know where to go.  IGN, Gamespy, Destructoid, etc.  They're also easily prevalent when you do a simple Google search.  Or better yet, if you want a review for a specific game, well, you'll get the results you want with minimal digging.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• tikitiki Member Posts: 395

omg mmorpg.com is taking money from none mmo game companies?!??!?! absurd! They should have stuck to the ethical higher ground and not tried to make any money.  This news will change my world forever.

East Carolina University, Computer Science BS, 2011
    --------------------
    Current game: DAOC

Games played and quit: L2, PlanetSide, RF Online, GuildWars, SWG, COH/COV, Vanguard, LOTRO, WoW, WW2 Online, FFXI, Auto-Assault, EVE Online, ShadowBane, RYL, Rappelz, Last Chaos, Myst Online, POTBS, EQ2, Warhammer Online, AoC, Aion, Champions Online, Star Trek Online, Allods, Darkfall.

Waiting on: Earthrise

Names: Citio, Goldie, Sportacus

• AciddragonAciddragon Member Posts: 14

I think its silly people are complaining over what games are advertised here, Its not like the games are covered on a weekly baises, have there games listed ont he "Game List" or anything like that. Just be glad its not "Ads by google".

On another note, Seriously they do 1 little interview about DLC for Dragon Age: Origins BIOWARES TOP SELLING GAME OF ALL TIME for them, and this site goes crazy about how the game isn't MMORPG, then again you look at the forums and OMFG how many posts there on SC2 or other NON-MMORPG games?

And them doing 1 artical about there SISTER/BROTHER site covering the most HIGHLY ANTICIPATED game this year and you all also go crazy on that. Seriously just because its an MMORPG site doesn't mean every so often they cant do something about the most highly anticipated game, or best selling game for a perticular company.

And on another note, You see how much press this site is giving TERA a game that isn't even on the top 5 of the most anticipated games list? WTF is up with that? I see more posts by STAFF about that game then any other game on this site recently.