Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Monk or Necro?

ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

Which one would be better for soloing and which is the most fun to play?

Comments

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342

i'd reccon monk is easier to solo, even though necroes are very powerfull soloers.  (ye i know not much help :P)

as for which is more fun, that is completly personal, what do you think IS fun?

• olepiolepi Member RarePosts: 1,692

Necro is a great pet class, play that if you like pets.  Monk is more a melee character. Both are fun :)

------------
    2021: 44 years on the Net.

• etwynnetwynn Member Posts: 219

• WTS_WoodWTS_Wood Member Posts: 9
    the monk really isnt a viable solo class. the necro is more profficient at killing higher dot mobs. imo nothing beats a ranger in the most profficent killing of high dot mobs, but you have to be out in the open. disciple or bear shaman would be the next profficient soloer that is capable of close quarter fighting..hope this helps
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

The monk is a perfectly soloable class but like many classes can be even more fun in a group. Monks are much more of an INYOURFACE burst dps class and can tank decently with their doge abilities and counters. If you don't want to put up with that kiting bs then you won't like the necro,ranger, or druid very much. I'm not sure how monks are but in '08 they had some crazy damage when using their chain attacks that got in the tens of thousands due to some kind of bug. I was able to hunt some named 5 dots, but it was very challenging depending on the mob type.

I consider the Monk as the Adventuring dps based fighter with their perks of....

Feign as much as you want to avoid being attacked

Teleporting attacks which used in combonation let to travel in dangerous dungeons

Jump+ Jumpboost boots+ Soaring Leap throws you way up in the air so that:

• you travel faster (compared to most mounts and bard speed songs)

• keep from being surounded by too many mobs

• travel the highest places no other class could reach without a flying mount, even some places you can't get to by flying  mount

then again, who knows how much of this has changed...