Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horrible Evony Ripoff

Well, after poking my nose into this game, it is a horrific Evony clone, with several advancements and improvements, but still Evony, all over again, with a more obscured pay service and no clear victory condition.

Comments

• 133794m3r133794m3r Member Posts: 173

Well this game is being published by Gpotato the leading shit for games company. What do you expect? Also wait for the cash shop to come in. They'll milk people for all they're worth. The CS will be the worst you've ever seen in all of time. Be ready for it, they'll do jack shit, people will abuse their powers, and you'll get charged out of your ass whilst those who blow thousands at the game will destory you. Also i concur this game looks like Evony. Oh well we have WoW clones right? so why does it surprise you that they'd make an Evony Clone? Evony's the WoW of the RTS flash genre.

• SandettSandett Member Posts: 2

you are an idiot,pratzStrike. Heroes of Gaia is not a clone of evony.  and it is the most advanced browser  game in the world.

currently,there are even no browser games you can see a hero move on a map except for Heroes of Gaia and Lords Online.

Lords Online is just a clone of evony. even lords online is clone,it is still much better than evony because you can see hero move on the map and battle scene. compare to that, evony is just a crap "text" boring game.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by Sandett

you are an idiot,pratzStrike. Heroes of Gaia is not a clone of evony.  and it is the most advanced browser  game in the world.

Um, Free Realms?

Either way, it really is hard to call this a clone of Evony beyond it being browser-based. I have minimal knowledge of either, but just enough to make that distinction. Also, it's hard to be taken seriously when you are a first time poster defending an F2P game. That's borderline suspicious, and I was prolly better off not saying anything and just minding my own business.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• gamergeekergamergeeker Member Posts: 2

I used to play travian, i tried evony once, so i will judge it being a clone or not. Even if you think it is a clone or not, the game has alot of new features to offer which in my opinion doesnt make it a clone. There was something before evony that got improved...etc..etc.  anyways i play over at gpotato they have cool events, and give aways. check it out

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

So this game isn't the first strategy game ever created? Good thing you let us know of this prank...

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

pirate galaxy

tiger wood golf(ea)

earth eternal

free realm(soe)

these just pop out of my head in 2 second flat when you say browser game,all very good

there are probably others but these are the one that come to mind!

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

Far better than Evony. Sadly, its very grindy and the placement of mobs/resources is haphazard. Small world, too. Definitely has a lot of potential for future games to build on. I could see myself playing if they fixed a few things(like mob/resource placement and larger, smoother world).

• DragoonariaDragoonaria Member Posts: 7

I play Lords Online and when I first see the graphics of this one, looks a bit better than Lords Online. I have not actually played this game but by screenshots looks 3D.

xxXDragoonariaXxx

• markhill66markhill66 Member Posts: 26

Thanks for the kind words, everyone (well...almost everyone ;) ). If you guys haven't been back to Heroes of Gaia in awhile, now would be  a great time. We just released a huge expansion called Rise of the Guilds which added a ton of new stuff.

If you're still playing, thanks, and if not, hope you come back! Thanks, everyone!

Mark

Snail Games USA Community Manager 

• StrokkeStrokke Member Posts: 17

I haven't seen many similarities between Evony and this game, and I've spent a good amount of time in both.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

"Horrible Evony Ripoff " Does that fall under the double negative category?

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

currently,there are even no browser games you can see a hero move on a map except for Heroes of Gaia and Lords Online.

Free Realms, Runescape, Fusion Fall, Tibia, need I go on?

• PreponerancePreponerance Member Posts: 295

Originally posted by GTwander

Um, Free Realms?

Either way, it really is hard to call this a clone of Evony beyond it being browser-based. I have minimal knowledge of either, but just enough to make that distinction. Also, it's hard to be taken seriously when you are a first time poster defending an F2P game. That's borderline suspicious, and I was prolly better off not saying anything and just minding my own business.

I love this guy ^^