Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waste of time.

just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Same old boring mmo. If you have any other 3d mmo don't waste your time downloading this. It offers nothing new  graphics suck, classes suck, and so do the characters. The only plus is custom stat distribution. Uninstalled within 2hrs.

Oh and btw names don't show above other characters, you can only see a person's race.

Comments

• Spiritof55Spiritof55 Member Posts: 405

I now understand the "duh" in your name as you have no clue.

Names do appear and the graphics do not suck.  Rohan looks great. 

• ValiumSummerValiumSummer Member Posts: 1,008

2 hours and you are an authority on the game.   You must be some kind of Savant.

Of the free to play games I have tried:

Perfect world

Cabal

2moons

Runes of magic

Archlord

This one is my favorite.    If you play with the graphics settings, this game is actually quite beautiful. 

Here is a list of things I love about this game:

1)  Items can be de-leveled.    I have a lvl 49 sword that has be "de-leveled" to lvl 29 (for example).   I did not make it myself I found it in the co-signement shop (rohan's version of the Auction house).

2)  Random stats on items.    Once in awhile a sword or amor piece will drop with really awesome stats.   You can either sell it or combine it with another sword for a chance to make a rare sword with the stats of the combined items.   You can than take two Rare swords and combine them!    If you are successful you can then try your luck and lowering the level requirement of that sword.   Same goes for Armor!   I love this.  You also can add stats by introducing "options" to the mix.  Options are items that add specific stats to an armor or weapon piece.

3) Large, attractive open game world.    The game world is quite large and very little zoning is required to travel from one zone to the other.

4)  Nice sound track.   The music is epic.   Sound is 3 dimensional as well.   You'll hear a horseman closing in on you from the direction he is comming (if you have multiple speakers).

5)  GREAT COMBAT ANIMATIONS!   Very fluid and visceral.   Very satisfying both visually and acoustically.   This one is important to me.

6)  Wandering bosses (or elites)   Black Terpins, Gnoll Kings, Salient Knights, Vairokens, Bergs, Enchanted Tonkens... and more.   All drop rare armor, merchant souls, option items (for forging).   With just a little effort you can create a character and equip him/her to solo these monsters and make a very health income.

7)  Exchange market.    YNK allows you to sell many items in game, including game currency AND CHARACTERS for thier item mall currency!    So aside from the 5 dollar set up fee, you could play rohan and buy item mall gear and such without ever paying a cent!   A TRUE FREE TO PLAY GAME.

8) PvP and the Vengence system.   If you are killed by another player he is now on your hit list.   If you want you can click on his name and get ported to his location (so long as he is not is safe area) and attempt revenge.  You can even form a group and take group with you and gang up on him if you so desire.

9)  Fishing:   Fishing is a mini game in this game.   You warp to a cute fishing hole where you have a very interesting twitch game.   You use crappy armor you have gotten in drops as bait and the fish you get are like little gambling tokens.  You click on the fish and a "wheel of fortune" starts rotating and you get a price based on where it lands.    Nice distraction when you are looking for a break.    There is a Card game I have not yet tried as well.

10)  large variety of mobs.   They do the same trick as all mmo's do (labeling same models with different names and levels) but the model variety is vary large.   If you play this game, force yourself to visit the other start towns areas to get a flavor for the variety. 

Things i hate about Rohan:

1)   Like Guild wars:  you can't jump.

2)   There are terrible Idle noises that some classes make (particularly male elves and male giants).   Male giants will yawn or stretch and sound like they are barfing.   Male elves...well... hard to describe you have to experience that for yourself.

3)  Translation errors/inaccuracies:   While not as bad as some Korean games, Rohan has managed to make some silly translations and oversights in their journey to convert the game to English.    You will see male Amazon mobs (Amazon is by definition a female warrior).   You will see the giant class listed as "Two handed class" when in reality... aren't all classes "twho handed (I think they meant dual wielding).   Also they don't seem to understand what a two handed sword is.    In Rohan a 2 handed sword is simply a weak 1 handed sword that can be duel wielded.   Not quite as strong as a regular sword and not quite as weak as a dagger.   I have not seen a real 2handed weapon in the game.   One other funny translation is the Giant buff for accuracy called "Find hole".   Tell me the 13 year old kids aren't giggling at that one.

4) bugs.   There are a few bugs that show up occasionally.   On occasion I log in and get an intermittant black screen and I've forced to relog.    The wandering bosses (especially the Black Terpin) will sometimes "Warp" 300 yards away after you hit them (or worse disapear all together).    Occasional disconnects("error code 5101" anyone?)

5)  Slow loading client.    I just feel it takes to long to load the game but it might be because of my OLD COMPUTER.

6)  Helmits are not visible.   Nope.   They might look cool as an icon on your paper doll but you can't see player helmits.   I wish they had this as an option like WoW does.

7)  Character models have too many "emo" haircuts.   Most of the men in this game could pass for females and at the very least transvestites.

8)  I don't hate the quests in this game... but they are definately uninspired.   Nothing special.   Decent rewards but most are your standard variety.

So that is my take on this game.   I have played many many games both free and pay.  

You can take the advice of a guy who has played this game for 2 hours ...or you can take the adivice of a guy who has played for nearly 3 months.

My advice would be to investigate the forging/refining systems and explore some before you pass judgement.

If you want help look me up on the Ahkma server

Samaritan

Samazon

Praetorian

Good luck

• AbbababaAbbababa Member Posts: 13

My first experience of the game , no auto looting option , pretty lame offcourse i want to pick coins after i killed something , no auto-track of NPC's you need in a quest so basically you can run around like crazy before you find the desired NPC , offcourse it's a fantasy game so all places and NPC's have fantasy names and what i'm i supposd to be arobot to memorise all those? No one even talks to you. I tried to ask ppl on the street to help or answer but all they do is show off their gear and perform laugh emote at my noob look. So eventually nothing new this game , elf , giants , dar elfs and endless grind killing some monsters and I understand developers wanted to impress players with big environment what they created is a boring running game. and the fact that I have to use both hands on keyboard and a mouse to be able to move around the way i wont makes me wonder should i get another hand transplanted. Nice graphics, crapy gameplay.

• Sober_SeanSober_Sean Member CommonPosts: 170

After trying pretty much all f2p and I would say everything p2p except eve, this one is quite good.

There is only one deal breaker for me, and that is simply that you can't rebind the movement keys to your arrow keys. I'm left handed.  They want you to use QWES for movement with no way to rebind those particular keys to the arrow keys.  So.  A pvp game where you can't move or react fluidly as a leftie is a huge problem.

There are other asian games like this (are there no left handed people in Asian countries I always wonder?)  You can rebind every other key, but not the movement keys?  So the typical resort for the leftie is to use Autohotkey to remap your keys through that app, however, the security software that this game uses blocks Autohotkey from working, due to bot scripts that can be written with that app.  So I guess you would need a remappable keyboard if you're left handed and wanted to get your movement keys rebound.  I probably would buy something like that for this game though, it's pretty good.

The biggest selling point for me is the way it actually feels like the sounds and animations are synced up when you attack.  It comes down to that honestly.  I can overlook a good many flaws in a game if they get that aspect right and here? They did succeed where other games (Vanguard, WAR) just can't get it right.  When you attack something in Rohan you "feel" it.  Your specials go off right when you press the button, there is no noticeable delay from when you attack and hear the sounds and see the animations and numbers fly.  It's as good as wow in that department, and that's saying a lot.

All in all I'll stick with this title until I get bored of it or something else comes along, I need to get a G15 keyboard or something though before I hit level 30 and start getting ganked because I can't move right.  Note to Asian game developers that publish games in the US.  We have left handed people here k.  Let ALL keys be remapped, I will typically uninstall a game in the first 10 minutes if I can't remap all the keys to my needs.

• TheHelperTheHelper Member Posts: 108
    Originally posted by ValiumSummer

8) PvP and the Vengence system.   If you are killed by another player he is now on your hit list.   If you want you can click on his name and get ported to his location (so long as he is not is safe area) and attempt revenge.  You can even form a group and take group with you and gang up on him if you so desire.

What? Is this a joke?

If this is true and you can actually invite a team and instantly teleport to his/her location to gang up on him/her cause you have no skills whatsoever this sounds like the worst planned game element I've ever heard. Just imagine if that was on world of warcraft for example. Killed the want to play Rohan lol.

• sanninatersanninater Member Posts: 16

I absolutly disagree, rohan is absolutly biautiful the graphics... ive never seen so much detail in a f2p game, you can see every stripe on the clothes, every leave in the tree every hair in your hair. Also the chars... there are so much original races and so much choice (its limited but still) in face and hair and colour. the minigames are really cool. my only negative point is the bug sometimes in a skill (my healer says doku while the skill is not loading) and the less ppl who plays the game... if they would make more commercial then more people come and that means more people to team with. (ohhh and a negative point of me is when i first insatl my client on the computer and later i place it on external harddisk he cant load log in anymore. the rest... perfect game!!!!! if they had flying i wouldnt sleep, eat and go to school anymore only playing.. as for only seeing the race that is because u stand then in pk mode u can easily change that in town by a agent

I have no money, I have no style, all I can give u is my smile:). DONT WORRY, BE HAPPY!!!!!!

• wacyswacys Member Posts: 4

Played it about 1 month amd this is that can i say:

-Graphics and sounds are good,smooth and accurate to things you do(no delay or something).

-Gameplay is pretty nice,but only lover levels,you have to grind a lot to get another lvl....

-Quests like in almost all MMORPGS sucks(kill x ,get x from x animals)....

But  its pretty good if you have nothing else to do

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332

Good graphics, fun combat, gets old and grindy fast. Not as bad as Archlord but close in the grind department. If the mechanics and features of this game were in a less tedious game, I probablt would have stuck around.

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • RafolivRafoliv Member Posts: 1

I love this game. The only bad thing I see is that Templars are way too overpowered compared to other classes.

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

Originally posted by just2duh

Same old boring mmo. If you have any other 3d mmo don't waste your time downloading this.

Same old, but it has some of the best combat mechanics, speed, feeling, and animations that puts game play in the top league with games like lineage 2. It also has some nice pvp with city wars and battlegrounds.

If like me you are bored with the slow and clunky combat in the western mmos you will find Rohan refreshing.

It offers nothing new  graphics suck, classes suck, and so do the characters. The only plus is custom stat distribution. Uninstalled within 2hrs.

Nope, to me the graphics are more than decent enough. Check out the different areas and level a bit, some places are quite beautiful.

As for the classes and the characters, they are top notch to me, and I have played most of the p2p and f2p mmos.

Oh and btw names don't show above other characters, you can only see a person's race.

Wrong, as others have said above, you can see the characters names.

To add to the PvP frenzy, though, a pair of races (Dekan and Dhan) can avoid being on your Hit List by entering Assassination Mode. In this mode, the player's name is not visible--only his race. This reward carries a risk. A character who gets PKed in Assassination Mode loses more XP than normal and runs a higher risk of losing gear. Switching modes at the higher levels is expensive, so this isn't something you want to do easily.

Originally posted by TheHelper

Originally posted by ValiumSummer

What? Is this a joke?

If this is true and you can actually invite a team and instantly teleport to his/her location to gang up on him/her cause you have no skills whatsoever this sounds like the worst planned game element I've ever heard. Just imagine if that was on world of warcraft for example. Killed the want to play Rohan lol.

Nope, it's actually a very nice feature as it removes most of the ganking you see in other games.

If someone kills you you can attempt revenge. Once you have taken revenge the player will disappear from your hit list.

This allows for some fair play and more of the quality pvp compared to the mindless ganking going on in many pvp games.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Why is it a waste of time? You can spend real-money and buy a perfect character with perfect equipment. There's no waste of time in that.

Originally posted by Abbababa

My first experience of the game , no auto looting option , pretty lame offcourse i want to pick coins after i killed something ,

If pressing the "2" key to pickup your loot is a prblem for you, get the Golden Monkey pet in the item mall. The monkey will run around and collect your loot for you.

Originally posted by Abbababa
    no auto-track of NPC's you need in a quest so basically you can run around like crazy before you find the desired NPC , offcourse it's a fantasy game so all places and NPC's have fantasy names and what i'm i supposd to be arobot to memorise all those?

I never had this problem. For all of my quests the quest text always clearly explained where the location was, and the locations names are on the map.

• DemonAuraDemonAura Member Posts: 90

at the moment rohan is not addicting anymore, it used to be, now its boring as hell.

nothing, i cant think of anything to do in it. the one thing that was keeping me up is leveling, until weak high levels started pking people lover level than them by alot, and took the fun out of leveling.

town wars, i mean come on, we dont even battle in the war zone anymore, we get pked outside instead.

pvp, people actually whine when they get killed in pvp zone for no reason, i mean, its "pvp" zone, if you didnt want to kill or be killed then why did you enter.

pk system is now abused, people who cant kill their own levels now come and kill people lower than them by like 20-30+ levels under them to act tough.

not to mention the success/failure you only get 2 days a week to be able to forge, craft etc...... all other days the success rate just sucks.

i just lost interest in the game, and i thought it would have got better, since i loved it from OB, now i dont even feel like opening the client. 

• boone352boone352 Member Posts: 4

Its called level up and quit complaining noob!

and you can see other people's name... your all noobs that can't understand a simple computer game.

• DemonAuraDemonAura Member Posts: 90
    Originally posted by boone352

Its called level up and quit complaining noob!
    and you can see other people's name... your all noobs that can't understand a simple computer game.

you skipped the whooooooooole post and got to the pk part.

wow

let me guess your high level.

• poisonIVpoisonIV Member Posts: 7

i assume that he is new to online game; thereafter, he may thinks "online gamer community" is like a pk zone.  But it was funny, i was reading to see what everyone has to say and all of a sudden "bang" "bang".

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827
    Originally posted by EricDanie

Why is it a waste of time? You can spend real-money and buy a perfect character with perfect equipment. There's no waste of time in that.

only a waste of money

but seriously, how can most of you say that the graphics are great? they are dull, bland and not as crisp as most other f2p games. yes i have the graphics maxed out. i do agree that the animations are very fluid and very cool.

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• FabexbrFabexbr Member Posts: 2

Rohan is a good game because it´s gameplay very smooth and natural.

I always played as archer class and I can say it´s best gameplay ever, I´ve tried games like Lotro, Runes of Magic, Guild Wars, WOW.

Archers gameplay is awesome. I´m playng as a Giant at moment and it´s great too.

A lot of things should be fixed like skill bugs, Quest descriptions has a lot of bugs and they are boring what makes players grind most of time.

But it´s a good game and free !

PEACE ^^

• felinemagicfelinemagic Member Posts: 26

I played Rohan for three days, I loved the graphics and game mechanics, however, it wasn't enough to keep me playing.  The coin drops are laughable, and the item drops are so few that it is ridiculous.   I also spent some time trying to refine some equips and the success ratio was extremely poor.

The community seems disgruntled with the above mentioned and many more problems with the game.  The rumors in the community say that the Devs are lazy and money greedy.  Imo, it isn't a healthy gaming atmosphere and a waste of time unless you have a lot of patience and money to throw around.

• doomexdoomex Member UncommonPosts: 150

My opinion. This game is cool and after lvl30 its boring if you don't have party.....and the prices at item mall are high..my opinion this game its for ppl who has guts to ruin all their mony into this gameXD..but beside this the game is coolXD

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

I played RBF for a while too. I found it beautiful at first. The grind and the long running distances, even by mount, were a real turn-off for me. Once you get past level 30 you'll begin to feel the grind, like in so many Korean f2p's. And of course it gets worse and worse.

Many servers are near death. The graphics look good, and the combat action looks great. The 'world' is too big however, once you need to start running that long while doing quests you're already bored before you even start the grind once you get there. And when you give up on the quests you've got nothing left but the grind, the only choice is dungeons or not.

It looks good, but a game needs more than good looks, the gameplay leaves nearly everything to be desired beyond a certain point.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...

• doomexdoomex Member UncommonPosts: 150

and one thing i hate the most of rohan!!!!you need to pay to max ya skillzz>.< ..i has nothing with ya need to pay to make good ex good stats but the skills..you ne to pay for them this piss meh ofXD