Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a game I can heal dungeons in.

ShaunJ1380ShaunJ1380 Member Posts: 77

I recently got back into WoW with some work buddies after a year break. I really enjoy their new LFD system. I can queue up for a dungeon and spend all night on my priest healing. I absolutley love being the guy that everyone relies on to stay alive. Problem is, my friends are not on near as much as me, and I have to hold myself back so I don't out level them.

So I'm looking for a filler game to play when they are not around. I'm looking for the best game that I can get groups in all the way to the level cap, without having to spend all night just trying to get said group together. Also, having the option to quest when I wish is nice, but the most important thing for me is a good grouping game that is not hard to aquire groups, even at lower levels.

Does such a thing exists? Or should I just keep being an alt-o-holic in wow while my buddies are away?

Comments

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Originally posted by ShaunJ1380

I recently got back into WoW with some work buddies after a year break. I really enjoy their new LFD system. I can queue up for a dungeon and spend all night on my priest healing. I absolutley love being the guy that everyone relies on to stay alive. Problem is, my friends are not on near as much as me, and I have to hold myself back so I don't out level them.

So I'm looking for a filler game to play when they are not around. I'm looking for the best game that I can get groups in all the way to the level cap, without having to spend all night just trying to get said group together. Also, having the option to quest when I wish is nice, but the most important thing for me is a good grouping game that is not hard to aquire groups, even at lower levels.

Does such a thing exists? Or should I just keep being an alt-o-holic in wow while my buddies are away?

I think that Guildwars has got to be one of the best side-games. LOTS of people play it so finding a group is not a problem unless it is for end-game PVP.

It is heavily instanced but practically no grind at all. You can hop on for only a few minutes and get something done.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• DannygevitoDannygevito Member Posts: 5

Have your tried Flyff?

• pfloydguy84pfloydguy84 Member UncommonPosts: 149

Lord of the Rings Online is a great MMO not quite as good as WoW but not too far behind.Make sure to play on brandywine though as it is highest pop server.

• ShaunJ1380ShaunJ1380 Member Posts: 77

I tried Guild Wars back when it first came out. I never could get into it. I guess to be fair, I was so into WoW at the time that I probably would have had a hard time getting into anything.

LotRO I have played before. It was fun, but I always had a hard time getting groups together.

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

DDO isn't bad for finding groups, it atleast has a decent and easy group system in place. On this menu you create a party for whatever quest you like, setup any class/level restrictions you might want too, anyone and everyone can see it and join in if they're interested.

There's also a built in mic option in the game too, which allows you to hear/talk to anyone in your party.

Although the whole thing doesn't work too well at low levels, since most new people have no clue about it (doesn't really even introduce it if I remember correctly), not to mention at starting levels you'd only be doing things on solo/normal which don't normally require teamwork.

Seeing as you like being a healer you may not like the spell setup though, you don't have unlimited casts like most games. After you use them up you have to find and rest at a shrine while you're inside an instance/dungeon. It's take on spellcasting can take a bit of getting used to, and might not be up your alley at all.

Originally posted by just2duh

DDO isn't bad for finding groups, it atleast has a decent and easy group system in place. On this menu you create a party for whatever quest you like, setup any class/level restrictions you might want too, anyone and everyone can see it and join in if they're interested.

There's also a built in mic option in the game too, which allows you to hear/talk to anyone in your party.

Although the whole thing doesn't work too well at low levels, since most new people have no clue about it (doesn't really even introduce it if I remember correctly), not to mention at starting levels you'd only be doing things on solo/normal which don't normally require teamwork.

Seeing as you like being a healer you may not like the spell setup though, you don't have unlimited casts like most games. After you use them up you have to find and rest at a shrine while you're inside an instance/dungeon. It's take on spellcasting can take a bit of getting used to, and might not be up your alley at all.

I played P&P AD&D2ndE in hight school. I loved it. I'll admit I'm not used to that sort of spell casting in video games but I am familiar with it.

I may have to give it a try.

• CernanCernan Member UncommonPosts: 360

If you were going to play LOTRO, then I almost want to say wait until it goes F2P.  There will definetly be more people in the lower levels for grouping.  I have to say I have never had so much fun healing as playing a minstrel in LOTRO.  If you wanted to check it out now you could do a trial account on Brandywine.  It is the most populated server, actually would say overpopulated.  The lag can be bad at times, but plenty of people at most all levels on that server.  That's where all my toons are housed.

Vanguard has some really fun healing classes.  The Bloodmage and Disciple have really nice mechanics.  The bloodmage builds up blood points for damaging mobs and then uses those to heal allies.  The Disciple is a martial artist that has attacks to buff friendlies and heals them as well. I played the trial a few months ago and tons of people were in the starter island.  Just read up on forums on that one.  Everyone agrees the game is mostly dead.  So I don't know how many people you will find after the starter island.

EQ2 is going to have a free server soon.  Might be a ton of new players rolling there so you would have others to group with while leveling up.  EQ2 has standard healing classes.

No other games are really striking me right now.  Aion has really pretty graphics, healing is standard there.  However, you won't get into your first dungeon until level 25 and even then it's not that great.  Your next dungeon is around 35.  I'm like you.  I enjoy healing through dungeons.  Not too long ago I re-opened my City of Heroes account and created a new defender.  Leveled pretty fast and healed through some level task force.  As a defender everyone always  wants you to join their team.  I got invites all the time.  It just couldn't hold my interest long though.

If you find anything new worth sharing let me know as well.  Right now I'm primarily playing League of Legends in my free time.  Occassionally I'll hop on LOTRO since I have a lifetime account.  I'm also checking out Zentia since it's F2P.

• generals3generals3 Member Posts: 3,307

Just rerol a character in WoW and play that one when your friends are off? You could be a shammy, druid or pala healer. Just saying, it's cheaper and if you like WoW that much why hold back?

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
    Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.

• thomasgerrythomasgerry Member Posts: 5

In Flyff there's a dungeon also... and as a support the healer or staff char should also had high hp to be able to be a real support.

Originally posted by generals3

Just rerol a character in WoW and play that one when your friends are off? You could be a shammy, druid or pala healer. Just saying, it's cheaper and if you like WoW that much why hold back?

I'm leaning toward this. I have already been working on leveling 3 other non healing characters while they are offline. I guess I could add a 4th to the mix.

I did just buy SC2 so maybe I wont have to look for anything to fill my time with anymore.

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

I have enjoyed the healing classes in Vangaurd the most. I had a Bloodmage that did a lot of damage while healing (which wasn't always good because of the aggro) which was a lot funner than just watching health. They have some pretty cool dungeons too.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA