Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has the game improved?

Long story short...

I quit SWG a little over a year ago long way back when seeing a Jedi was a very rare occasion. The reason I quit was because at the time the missions where bugged, I would run 10 missions that paid 20k each but only get paid for maybe 4 of them. This bug lasted for 2 or 3 weeks before I gave up and quit.

So what I want to know is.... has the game improved since then? I hear the servers are overrun with Jedi Gank squads and such, is this true?

One last question is about JTLS, do you start out with a ship at a low level or do you need to play the ground game and have tons of money first?

Sorry if these are stupid questions but I'm thinking of comming back. Thanks

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

The game has changed a lot ... for the better. Most of it has happened in the last 3 months (under pressure from the competition) and after May 5th with a total revamp of combat it will be like playing a new game. IMHO a change for the better. SWG has matured a lot and the community is much better now as the idiots, powergamers and flaming burned-out would-be Jedi have left.

JTL comes with a free hyperspace capable starter ship more then good enough to score easy first kills against the Tier 1 and 2 NPC ships. You hardly need any ground game at all expect for some selling of loot to an NPC at the starport and once in a while buying newer and better starship chassis from shipwrights, or maybe consumables like missiles and repair packs.  Space is the new easy money maker (selling loot) with 100+ k credits per hour quite usual (and you DONT need a high end ship for that as killing lots of easy pirates quickly gives more loot than killing high end Tier 5 ships .. the loot you get from the later is best used as components for your own ship(s)).

Jedi Gank squads ...

1) very much depends on which server you are .. they are much more common on high population powergaming servers like Bria.

2) very much depends on what you do (you see them more often if you are into hardcore PvP)

I play daily and almost never see more than one Jedi at a time (and those not that often). If I want to see such Jedi (or Jedi hunter) groups, I go to one of the server wide PvP battles that happen once in a while.

Have fun

Erillion

• RalreRalre Member Posts: 3

Game like Erillion said is gettin much much better, seems like the staff is actually paying attention to peoples wants instead of what they want...

CU is gonna rock, like starting a new game... Ill be a noob again!!!!

EUS clan
    Games playing - JO, JOE, SWG, HL2, CSS

• BuZZKilgoreBuZZKilgore Member Posts: 525
    Thanks for the well written replies. I used to love the game and I do miss playing it. I might just reinstall it soon.