Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another I would Play, but... Thread

WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

When I hopped in the FE beta, I was amazed.  I was also a bit put off too.  Poor character animations, clunky combat, etc.

But the pro's overcame all my pet peeves.  Great graphics, sandboxish feel, crafting, combat (when you shoot, and your sights are red, you hit regardless of lag), the crazy way you can make your character into anything you wanted.  The feel of when you fire every shot, it hits you in the wallet, so don't miss.  It was great.

But, it had it's flaws later on.  And soon real life took over, and well, I fell into playing my free games and single player stuff on my PS3 and PC.  When the smartphone app came out, I got it.. quick.  Even though I did not play anymore.  It was just that cool.  I am all about post apocolyptic worlds.  I even have a Fallout 3 wallpaper on my Droid.

Anyhow, what is sad is I paid for the year sub.  And haven't logged in once.

Then I started wondering why.

I was a part of a clan that fell apart (it fell apart after I left).  Then that was gone, and no one else to have fun in game with.  The posts about no one really being there... in S1 that was true at the time.  Just no one there.  Not to group with, you really dont need a group for 90% of S1.  Heck 97%.  I have two characters who are only around 15, but maxxed out crafting (and yes int is increased on both of em). I had a plan for them as well.  Using the planner, and one was going to be rifles and other stuff while the other was pistols...

I even crafted 2 motorcycles between the two of em.

So I guess I am just trying to psych myself into giving it another shot.  But I do not want to look for other clans cause it takes a lot of energy to do.  And my "gaming communities" do not play FE.  It is just the social aspect of the game and playing with a team that draws me into a clan.. along with no drama and ass hattery.  A plan works too lol.

Thanks for bearing with me, I just need to figure things out.

Comments

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

I logged in last night... I looked around, things looked good.  Then logged off.

Playing these games is not the same unless there are people to interact with.  Unless it has an immersive story, like Mass Effect series, Fallout, etc.  Maybe SWTOR is what I need.

Too bad cause I like FE.

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Originally posted by WolfClaws

I logged in last night... I looked around, things looked good.  Then logged off.

Playing these games is not the same unless there are people to interact with.  Unless it has an immersive story, like Mass Effect series, Fallout, etc.  Maybe SWTOR is what I need.

Too bad cause I like FE.

Go use the Fallen Earth forums and find you're self a nice clan to join.

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

Meh, Too tired to look for clans that are out there, who are, or are not active, etc etc.  I dunno, maybe I am just burned out of MMOs altogether.  I wish FE was not a part of that.

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Originally posted by WolfClaws

Meh, Too tired to look for clans that are out there, who are, or are not active, etc etc.  I dunno, maybe I am just burned out of MMOs altogether.  I wish FE was not a part of that.

Yeah maybe you should take a break and play some single player games.. I know whenever i get burned out i jus go down to block buster and pick me up a single player game and play that for a week or so.. I actually did this right before i got into FE when i was playing EvE i went and rented Heavy Rain and played that for a while instead.. When i was done i realized i was jus sorta bored of EvE's non-PvE, so i gave FE a shot and here i am now :) enjoying every min i spend playing FE..

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

Its odd but with FE I haven't had the same desire to join a clan as most MMO's. I spend most of my days off wandering the waste. Its a truly solitary and wonderfully quite lifestyle. That is ... almost every minute someone says hi.. HI ... Hi .. Hola. Seriously a funny experience after playing WoW where everyone ignored me. In this game the community is so vocal and so social. Loving everything about it so far.