Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQII ad LoLz

"Why go to WoW? Explore EQ II instead. Our server are ready for adventure" image This is the lines from EQ II ad. But the ad also defines WoW  as World of Waiting after that. LoLz... What do you guys think about this Ads?

Like I used to laugh about "Pepsi ads" which fight CoCa Cola from TV, this EQ II ads also quite funny to me.

P.S I don't play both (yet)

Comments

• thedrakonthedrakon Member UncommonPosts: 213
    You know, I played both .. and .. after a time ... I left WoW .. then .. keep playing eq2 .. then left ... I wonder what's missing in both :( ... I'm in swg now ... I got a lot of fun there ...
  • rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Bottom line: EQ2 is stable, but boring. WoW is fun, but unstable.

I think WoW is grossing much much more people than EQ2 though. Their ads are useless.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • AtomicusAtomicus Member Posts: 202

You will soon leave SWG as well. I played from its release for 3 months and then went back again for a month and gave up. Everything Sony saaid they were going to do to SWG they did the opposite. ruined the gameplay and the jedi system. What really sucked is when the CEO of SWG admitte dthe game was bad and yet did nothing for the customers...i was basically paying to play an exteneded beta of SWG. GRRR.

WoW and EQ2 is having same issues as every MMO on its first year. I tip my hat off to blizzard because the publically recognize their issues with WoW and even give custmers free days. I had 2 and a half free months becuase of the server issues and then i didnt even pay full price when they charged me.

----------------------------------------------+
    | Microsoft Windows XP Pro x64
    | ABIT AN8 x32 Nforce4 SLI x16
    | AMD Athlon FX-60 Dual-Core 2.6GHz
    | Corsair 3.1 GB DDR 400 Dual-Channel
    | (2x) BFG GeForce 8800 GTS 320mb
    | Creative X-FI Xtreme Gamer
    | Western Digital 250Gb SATA

• DerfelCadarnDerfelCadarn Member Posts: 875

Originally posted by rathma
    Bottom line: EQ2 is stable, but boring. WoW is fun, but unstable. I think WoW is grossing much much more people than EQ2 though. Their ads are useless.

Well, WoW has to be grossing a ton more. Eq2- 300k to 400k players/ WoW- 1.5 million players. But with quite a few servers of EQ going down(http://eqlive.station.sony.com/community/dev_view.jsp?id=64038), it looks like SOE is putting all there money on EQ2.