Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVE with a challenge

2»

Comments

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

For PVE I currently love Darkfall the most by far as it is the most immersive, realistic, and challenging (with real risk involved like EQ1). I definitely like it more than UO because of how the gameplay feels and the 3rd/1st person views. It takes a couple months to learn how to play and starting out can be rough.

I do not like the trial as you will experience little to what the game has to offer. It is hard and takes months to learn. Also, there is little to no direction so you had better be creative enough to make your own path instead of relying on DEVs to hold your hand and make one for you.

I am working on making a PVE video to show new people because you cannot really find many of them online unless it is a noob character fighting goblins or something. The expansion is going to be mostly focused on PVE/dungeons/graphics (upgrading to directx11). I am so excited for this patch! It will be a lot more like stepping into a real world when I put on my headphones and turn off the lights to play.

It is most similar to AC/UO but funner than both.

The community is a lot better in player-made cities and stuff when compared to the starter cities which you will probably not experience during a 14-day trial at all.

My 2nd favorite would be Vanguard (another game that is more similar to EQ1 than anything else out there right now) but after playing Darkfall for 16 months and still loving the PVE, I really do not think that I can put up with any crappy AI anymore.

I am sick of cookie-cutter classes and pulling mobs one-at-a-time by getting into 'aggro-range'. So many games have copied EQ1 its ridiculous. I doubt that any game with this type of combat will be difficult ever again .. .! Try AION and you will see what I mean. Same old cloned crap imo.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Originally posted by s34s0ns

Originally posted by Axehilt

Originally posted by Robokapp

Originally posted by bastionix

Originally posted by Zeppelin4

Pretty sad when I get two suggestions for pvp and one for a old game. What happen to putting a challenge in PVE games these days? sigh :(

Make a protection spec tank in WoW and go solo, challenge enough.

is the challenge making the spec or soloing?

Perhaps he's trying to tell us he hasn't played WOW in over 5 years.  Nowadays tank specs are perfectly capable of leveling solo; they're just slow.

I mean, you're a tank.  You don't take damage quickly.  This gives you tons of time to react to anything that's happening to you, which makes things rather easy.

The only hard part is knowing how many mobs to pull at once.  That, or being ganked while pulling a large group.

slow =/= hard

You'll notice I already said that.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• s34s0nss34s0ns Member UncommonPosts: 83

Originally posted by s34s0ns

Originally posted by Robokapp

Originally posted by bastionix

Pretty sad when I get two suggestions for pvp and one for a old game. What happen to putting a challenge in PVE games these days? sigh :(

Make a protection spec tank in WoW and go solo, challenge enough.

is the challenge making the spec or soloing?

Perhaps he's trying to tell us he hasn't played WOW in over 5 years.  Nowadays tank specs are perfectly capable of leveling solo; they're just slow.

I mean, you're a tank.  You don't take damage quickly.  This gives you tons of time to react to anything that's happening to you, which makes things rather easy.

The only hard part is knowing how many mobs to pull at once.  That, or being ganked while pulling a large group.

slow =/= hard

You'll notice I already said that.

You'll notice (oh wait, you didn't) that I was agreeing with you, while simplifying / reinforcing your statement.

"In life we are all turds, some sink and some float but in the end we all get flushed."

• AeroangelAeroangel Member UncommonPosts: 498

Originally posted by Antipathy

Vanguard may be another option. Especially if you pick a class that's traditionally not seen as solo friendly (such as rogue).

I heard there is a lot of problems with lag now that they have gone to one server. I did try this game with the free trial and played a monk. I was surprised on the challenge the game offered. I just couldn't wade in to a bunch of mobs and slay them all. :)  I decided not to sub due to never seeing anyone.

Well everyone is all on one server now so it's a lot more active, and I have heard about the lag as well but I don't think I've experienced it. 

--------------------------
    Playing:
    FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
    My Rig:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM

• iPhelpsiPhelps Member Posts: 23

only game I know were PvE is a challenge is Global Agenda :)

• NadriellNadriell Member UncommonPosts: 197

i downloaded darkfall after this thread, and you know what... the PVE is really challenging, sure you get ganked every once in a while, but for the most part the PVE is awesome.

• AeroangelAeroangel Member UncommonPosts: 498

Just get Demon Souls if you have a PS3 that's one of the most challenging PvE and it's multiplayer. 

--------------------------
    Playing:
    FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
    My Rig:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM