Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFG that has .....

NovaKayneNovaKayne Member Posts: 743

Let's see.....

If I was trolling to see all of the WoW posts I would say:

Game that has cartoony style graphics, epic lewtz and mind-numbingly endless raiding!

If were trolling for Vanguard Posts I would say:

Game that has lots of area to explore, more than just combat and a good crafting system!

Would I say the following to troll for EvE?

Game that has PvP and well as no grind.  Something where skills can be combined or added at will.

I guess the point of this post is, Has anyone else noticed the game people are looking for seems to be eirily specific to a specific response the gamer is looking for?  If you come up with something close that is not on the mark they seem to say "I played that til level 200 and got bored with it after 2 months."  Or something close to that.  In fact they will usually have a response to everyone but, the person who suggests the game they seem to be trolling for.   Cuz after that, the Quote wars begin and it is nothing but Hype and Gripe after that!

Say hello, To the things you've left behind. They are more a part of your life now that you can't touch them.

Comments

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Either that, or the type of game they are looking for does not exist, or only exists in archaic forms.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• NovaKayneNovaKayne Member Posts: 743

Yeah, I think I am going to stop anwering them because they do not feel like genuine requests.

Say hello, To the things you've left behind. They are more a part of your life now that you can't touch them.

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

Will you eventually run out of place to explore anyway? for those exploration type of game.

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

In order for your EVE request to be consistently trollish with your other examples, you'd have to say:

I'm looking for a game where winning PVP is primarily about numerical supremacy, where boring AFK-gathering nets me a sizable economic advantage over my opponents, and where crafting is time-consuming and uninteresting.

(...actualy I guess half your responses would be Darkfall.)

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• NadriellNadriell Member UncommonPosts: 197

awe man, don't say that, i am just about to try out darkfall.... lol, i will go into it with an open mind.

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Originally posted by Nadriell

awe man, don't say that, i am just about to try out darkfall.... lol, i will go into it with an open mind.

Well tons of players still play EVE and Darkfall.  To these players, the disadvantages I alluded to simply don't matter.  To me, they make gameplay feel like a waste of time with a poor "gameplay payout".

If you liked EVE, you could probably enjoy Darkfall perfectly fine (possibly even more, since you're strongly rewarded for playing -- unlike EVE.)

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• thomasgerrythomasgerry Member Posts: 5

I still prefer a game that has a unique feature and not just a copy cat... :)