Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many charcters do we get?

Id like to not just have one and have to pay extra for more. Anyone know?

Comments

• aluucardsaluucards Member Posts: 36

It has been talked/complained about many times. You get one character and a mule (retainer) account for 12.95 a month and for an extra character slot it is 3$ a month or 1$ a month for another retainer.

Can play every class with one character. So if you like race changing then you need to learn to deal with it.

• Hrayr2148Hrayr2148 Member Posts: 649

By paying $12.99 a month, you can play EVERY SINGLE CLASS IN THE GAME.

I know you would prefer that I answer, you only get one character.  That's your attempt at starting a flame war.  I know the "one character" concept is foreign to most because 99% of MMO's on the market have no innovation and end up copying each other. 

If you want additional characters that can also be EVERY SINGLE CLASS IN THE GAME, then you pay an extra three dollars a month, which brings it to $15.99.  That means two characters in FFXIV cost about the same as any other mmo.

For those of you who have never played FFXI, it was the same concept.  People had multiple characters only to use as mules.  SE is offering free mules, with an additional charge for extra mules.

If that's a game breaker for you as well.... FFXIV isn't the game for you.... 

[Mod Edit]

• BaleoutBaleout Member Posts: 141

This is my first kick at the FF cat i like the fact that one toon can do it all should be very interesting.

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

I think its stupid and you should have as many characters as you want.  Thats just my opinion. Iv never been restircted by how many players I can have in any other mmo why should It start now.   

• Hrayr2148Hrayr2148 Member Posts: 649

OP - I would join your disgust at SE for charging more for additional characters if they designed the game where you were required to get extra characters

But the fact that one character can be all classes without any drawback is enough for me.  Nothing in the game design suggests that you are encouraged or required to have an extra class.  In fact, it's to your detriment to have more classes because it's impossible to max out one character, let alone two.  The game design completely encourages a single character to be able to make it as effective as possible with class combinations.

Your situation with your wife is unique.  Most couples hve two accounts to be able to play together.  In your situation, you're going to share the account.

• vi2023lyvi2023ly Member Posts: 56

Originally posted by eycel

I think its stupid and you should have as many characters as you want.  Thats just my opinion. Iv never been restircted by how many players I can have in any other mmo why should It start now.   

I can understand this sentiment, but it seems like this game will play a lot like EvE in terms of alts, which is to say there's no reason to have them since splitting up your skills across multiple characters will only gimp you.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Originally posted by vi2023ly

Originally posted by eycel

I can understand this sentiment, but it seems like this game will play a lot like EvE in terms of alts, which is to say there's no reason to have them since splitting up your skills across multiple characters will only gimp you.

wont really gimp you per say

• MariouzMariouz Member Posts: 186

Even if he gets an extra character slot he will not be paying the full price of a second account so should not be a big deal since he can have both characters. I am sure that he would of prefered not to pay extra but can't help you there they decided to charge you 3 bucks to have two characters.

• wrongfeifongwrongfeifong Member CommonPosts: 405

the idea of one character make FFXI the best community in MMORPG.

Since no one could make a level 1 and go around screwing and scamming people. 

Everyone take care of their reputation and be good boy and girls.

Also can you imagine you have to camp someone 48 hours TWICE? for the same item to use for different class? NEVER AGAIN.

none