Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Company Lies Becoming A Trend

I've noticed more and more with all these new generation MMORPG's and such, that companies are promising things and then it not being there at launch, or promising things later but keep puting off deadlines and it never comes.

Yet players continue to accept it as the new trend and don't seem to focus on it.

I say screw that, lets give the companies that lie what they have coming to them.

All we're teaching them is to promise things we want to hear, and then give us what we don't want.

So much money we throw away because we think a game has what it says and we are a casual gamer without a lot of time to go look up the truths and get screwed.

lets hear it!  No more lies!

Comments

• ObiyerObiyer Member Posts: 511

They don't lie, simply dissapoint. Too bad dissapointment has a $49.99 USD price tag.

• CeredwynnCeredwynn Member Posts: 124
    I wouldn't say lie, but more like procrastinate, revision and like Obiyer said disappoint. No one likes the see the cutting board come-up, but it happens. WCII was suppose to be a little more like WCIII, but that didn't happen at all. The stuff that were on the cutting floor made it's way to WCIII..

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Well who can forget this ?

"John Romero Wants To Make You His Bitch!"

http://www.gamespot.com/features/btg-daikatana/

But wait..... later John Romero gets pwned by half the gaming public, able to use an email client.

Not because Daikatana SuXorZed (lol) but because he promised it would be the best FPS of all time really loudly for a LONG time. Then as the deadlines went by, eventually in years not months, he was forced to pay the penalty for his lack of vision. (thanks Emporer)

Its been going on as long as gaming, unfortunately we (as a group) seem to keep falling for the same old lines every time. I wish I could meet girls as dumb as we are image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• ajaxxajaxx Member Posts: 476

I don't think it's a new trend and I think it applies to almost every type of business.

• PuoltryPuoltry Member Posts: 956

Developers dont really lie as much as lead us on.They constantly tell us about features of the game that we wont see for 2 years.They almost never say it will be in at launch.

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

Dont start a guild and dont be a leader or volunteer to be coleader or captain.

Just play the damn game:)