Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

Yes. Yes. Yes.

I would advise against getting a Micro Motherboard if you're going to install a newer graphics card. You're going to be really tight on space. 

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Originally posted by TheHatter

Yes. Yes. Yes.

I would advise against getting a Micro Motherboard if you're going to install a newer graphics card. You're going to be really tight on space. 

Same with the ram, usually there is only two slots for Ram on a Micro board and they have to be standard, OCZ Flex and similar heat-spreading brands would cause you huge problems.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• soulpizzasoulpizza Member Posts: 9

anyone recommend a mobo that isnt micro and wont break the wallet?

• rarrafrarraf Member UncommonPosts: 27

have you ever built a pc ?? also just out of interest what graphics card you thinking of putting in it

• soulpizzasoulpizza Member Posts: 9

i have a nvidia 9500 gso or somehting like that

• tearsinraintearsinrain Member Posts: 73

Definitely avoid micro-ATX.  I just buit a micro-ATX system as I wanted a smaller PC footprint, but already regret it.  It's an awesome system, but cooling is a total nightmare, even with a decent case such as the SUGO-SGo4-FH that I am using and Asus Rampage II Gene it's like an oven with a GTX295.... Looking at new case already....

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

Originally posted by tearsinrain

Definitely avoid micro-ATX.  I just buit a micro-ATX system as I wanted a smaller PC footprint, but already regret it.  It's an awesome system, but cooling is a total nightmare, even with a decent case such as the SUGO-SGo4-FH that I am using and Asus Rampage II Gene it's like an oven with a GTX295.... Looking at new case already....

Same thing happens if you try and buy a cheap case. I really regret buying the cheapest full tower I could find. It sounds like a freaking jet and the airflow is terrible.

Stay away from that. lol

Not to mention it doesn't have any grates over the fans and I have a long haired cat. :-|

• BaggunsBagguns Member Posts: 152

Same thing happens if you try and buy a cheap case. I really regret buying the cheapest full tower I could find. It sounds like a freaking jet and the airflow is terrible.

Stay away from that. lol

Not to mention it doesn't have any grates over the fans and I have a long haired cat. :-|

Ah I've certainly had a few cheap cases in my day, I guess that's why I've tended more to try and splash a bit cash if I can afford it toward something more capable as from experience a cheap case can end up costing me more in sanity (I had one with fans that were like a twin prop plane before).  It's hard though, as at the end of the day a case can be just a simple mobo/cpu holder with no other needs so hard to justify the cost. 

You have my sympathies with the cat hair - we have two persians here and they're the reason I haven't moved my current mATX setup to an Antex Skeleton type case.  I just have this image in my head of one them cocking their leg to pee and then our ending up with fried cat...

That coolermaster case the HAF X is actually one I am considering at the moment... now I just wish I hadn't gone mATX as the full mobo would make cooling/SLI in the future much easier and nicer...

Originally posted by Bagguns

http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6653

There is a nice case

I really do like Cooler Master cases.  I have the CM Stacker nVidia version for my old PC, and it was great.  Got some good OC on my E6850 on air in that thing, got stable up to 3.6 GHz thanks to the ventilation on that thing.  Lovely case.  Seriously considering the HAF X for alternate to my SUGO heat tank. 

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

Stay away from that. lol

ROFL

I built a computer 2 years ago with that same case.  Yes, its fricken loud and only gets louder as the fans wear out.

as for the filterless fans, ya it sucks being a pet owner and owning this.  I have a husky so I know exactly what youre saying.

My next build is going into a Raven 02.   Yes, it flips the motherboard layout 90 degrees venting out the top of the case.