Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MapleStory Nostalgia

bisurgebisurge Member UncommonPosts: 168

Anyone else feeling any MapleStory nostalgia recently?

I know I've been. With the start of summer, I've started and quit WoW private servers (dull gaemplay, not enough players), Aika Online (people seriously don't talk), and Dragonica Online (people seriously don't talk either). It seems like these games are just Korean grindfests that might as well be single player. If only people interacted!

And that's why I'm feeling MapleStory nostalgia. What other game could you just go out in a training field and start a party, and talk the whole time while training? I've never had another game like that. I've played MapleStory a few weeks after it came out of OBT, and it had a rather mature and sincere community for several years. While the game itself wasn't that great, the simply astounding level of interaction was amazing.

That being said, I'm nostalgic for the OLD MapleStory. The "NEW" MapleStory, targeted directly at kids 10-13, is complete BS. Now, when you interact with someone, it's generally some little kid trying to cuss you out for taking his kill and then telling you the infamous "change channels" (although in MapleStory, it's simply "cc mthf**er").

Anyone else been feeling nostalgic for the good old days on MapleStory?

Comments

• socialstatussocialstatus Member Posts: 72

Yes, I miss the days when wizet owned the game and when the kid in lith harbor actually gave you events... I miss when there where only 4 classes... And the infamous Tiger was the man to beat as far as levels go. I miss when there where only two big places- victoria island, and orbis. I think the good Ol' days of maplestory are behind us my friend. But to be fair I do like the pirate class :)

Playing: Ever quest 2
    Played: MS,GW,EVE,LOTRO,WoW,Allods,Aion, CO,CoH,CoV,TQ Digital games, Darkfall,AoC,RS2.
    Liked: Dungeon fight online, GW, Darkfall and, Runescape.
    Waiting for: Link Realms(can't get my damn beta invite) KOTOR and, GW2

• bisurgebisurge Member UncommonPosts: 168

Originally posted by socialstatus

Yes, I miss the days when wizet owned the game and when the kid in lith harbor actually gave you events... I miss when there where only 4 classes... And the infamous Tiger was the man to beat as far as levels go. I miss when there where only two big places- victoria island, and orbis. I think the good Ol' days of maplestory are behind us my friend. But to be fair I do like the pirate class :)

I give a thumbs up to pirates and the recent explorer changes. It really made up the difference between, say, the time to train a Fire/Poison Mage and a Ice/Lightning Mage (giving Fire Arrow an Area of Effect effect).

Other than that, I think Nexon is turning Maplestory, an innocent little game with good intentions, into a game with a high profit commodity - pixels.

• SomartSomart Member UncommonPosts: 61

ah man tiger was a beast. i remember looking him up all the time and thinking wtf how can people be bothered lvling that far! maplestory was great back in the day, i always thought that the cash shop ruined the coolness of it because everyone had cosmetic gear on whereas i preffered the armour looks. oh well, was fun while it lasted

• bisurgebisurge Member UncommonPosts: 168

Originally posted by Somart

ah man tiger was a beast. i remember looking him up all the time and thinking wtf how can people be bothered lvling that far! maplestory was great back in the day, i always thought that the cash shop ruined the coolness of it because everyone had cosmetic gear on whereas i preffered the armour looks. oh well, was fun while it lasted

Honestly, now all the mages get to 200 in about 2 weeks thanks to their map-wipe skill and all the non-mages hire mages to get them to 200 in about 2 weeks thanks to their map-wipe skill.

• bubbabluebubbablue Member Posts: 44

Haha Man I Joined Maple In 2005 I Made Awesome Friends  I Still Got Some Of Them But Alot Quit....

Old Maple Was Good But all The New Jobs All Good Evans Suck Tho You Need NX Alot

But I hate them nubs that  ask for money  24 7 <-----I Use To Be A Beging Nub Asking For Money Now Im

The One Asking The NUBS  FOR MONEY When They Say Can I Have Mesos I Say Can I Have Some If I Give You Some

They Say No..... :( 

ricky

• agent010agent010 Member Posts: 7

I remember old maplestory. The community was way better than today. Today's maplestory is filled with little kids. They got one thing right though, the grinding. It's a lot less than before. It is really funny to walk around with mark of the beta hat. everyone wants it from you.