Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF a good F2P thats like EVE

balkthescrewbalkthescrew Member Posts: 10

Quite simply what the title says, although if there are not any, then does anyone know if EVE will go F2P?

Comments

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

Eh Black Prophecy..... is in beta, but is F2P. 

• d0nch1ch1od0nch1ch1o Member UncommonPosts: 8

Eve Online can be free to play if you grind enough ISK (ingame currency) to pay for a PLEX. Doing L4 for 5 days should cover it. 5 days of 8 hour.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

One day of doing hidden DEDs can also cover it, just gotta be lucky enough to score some faction loot.

This is not a game.

• balkthescrewbalkthescrew Member Posts: 10

Okay what is a PLEX and what are L4 and DED?

• dragonbranddragonbrand Member UncommonPosts: 441

L4 = level 4 missions = ISK printers

DED = deadspace complexes = ISK printers

PLEX = pilot license extension = in-game currency like a time card onyl usually bought by someone else and sold on the open market in-game

Gaming since Avalon Hill was making board games.

Played SWG, EVE, Fallen Earth, LOTRO, Rift, Vanguard, WoW, SWTOR, TSW, Tera
    Tried Aoc, Aion, EQII, RoM, Vindictus, Darkfail, DDO, GW, PotBS

• KilraneKilrane Member UncommonPosts: 322

Here is a FAQ about what exactly PLEX is.

http://support.eveonline.com/Pages/KB/Article.aspx?id=495

• balkthescrewbalkthescrew Member Posts: 10

Still I would have to buy a months subscription first......that and a few people that I talked to said EVE is almost not worth it because most people in game will just attack noobs because they can. So not sure, might try BP out

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

There's a F2P called Taikodom (sp?) coming out too.  I don't know how much it will resemble Eve, but it's a spaceship type game.  You can see some vids on youtube.  Besides that, as others have mentioned, there will be Black Prophecy coming soon.

Steam: Neph

• jrs77jrs77 Member Posts: 419

Oh, and somebody should tell you, that there isn't anything comparable to EvE outthere. Not even another P2P-MMO, like Darkfall can be compared to EvE, as EvE s the only one with a real working playerdriven economy.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Originally posted by jrs77

Oh, and somebody should tell you, that there isn't anything comparable to EvE outthere. Not even another P2P-MMO, like Darkfall can be compared to EvE, as EvE s the only one with a real working playerdriven economy.

/agree.  Yeah I don't think you will find any other game exactly like Eve.  Also since you can get PLEX ingame, you may just want to start out paying and quickly transition to PLEX for pretty much free game time.

Steam: Neph

• jrs77jrs77 Member Posts: 419

Originally posted by balkthescrew
    Still I would have to buy a months subscription first......that and a few people that I talked to said EVE is almost not worth it because most people in game will just attack noobs because they can. So not sure, might try BP out

That's bollox. There's no other players in EvE attacking n00bs in guarded areas (high security space), as it's simply not worth the consequences.
    Quiet the opposite, EvE has one of the best and playerfriendliest communities, if you don't act like an arsehole yourself.

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

Originally posted by balkthescrew

Just gonna toss this out there - EVE probably isn't for you, as you seem to have not done a lick of reading about it.  And if you can't do even the smallest bit of research about it before talking about it and drawing conclusions about it, such as just taking whatever other people told you as fact without finding out yourself, then you'll probably not grasp half of its concepts and will feel like you've been treated unfairly and complain endlessly on the forums the first time another player kills you.

Also, you're complaining about paying for one month of a game?  MMOs must not be your forte.

I'm not seeing what made you create this thread in the first place.  What do you even like about EVE that makes you want a f2p version of it?  You don't seem to know much about the game, so how do you know you want something like it?