Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im about to fire up eq2 on my x800 pro

MetalfiendMetalfiend Member Posts: 16

I have a p4 2.8, 1 gig pc3200 ram, 80 gig sata hd, and then my 2 week old x800 pro i cant wait to see eye candy finally!

i have been waiting so long for a new gcard around 2 years ::::18::

Comments

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Grats!

• sifasifa Member Posts: 115
    My system is very similar to yours. Im running an amd 64 3200+ and an X800xl ( equal to an X800pro). I run the game on high quality when playing outside in open areas. But I have to turn down the settings to balance when playing in freeport. I play eq2 at 1600 by 1200 res btw.image
  • MetalfiendMetalfiend Member Posts: 16

ya i found balanced is the best, it still looks pretty sweet though. i also play 1600X1200 i play all my games at that reso. i tried very high and it ran but if i were to run accross a a party i would prob get som lag.

• OnyxBMWOnyxBMW Member Posts: 207

Lucky bastard.

Nvidia is NOT the way it's meant to be played!

Radeon owns you!

Congrats on your...purchase?

hehe i got payed back money i loaned a family member thats how i got it :D

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

I hit about 55 FPS on High Quality with a 20-30% decrease in enclosed dungeons. I run a BFGTech 6800 GT, 1 gig of Kingston 3200 valueram, and an OC'ed 3.4 Ghz pent. IIII. My crowning joy is that I can hit 30 FPS on extreme in open areas and 40 FPS in water.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• swiftflowswiftflow Member Posts: 239
    eye candy is about all this game has going for it.
  • DerfelCadarnDerfelCadarn Member Posts: 875

Originally posted by Metalfiend
    I have a p4 2.8, 1 gig pc3200 ram, 80 gig sata hd, and then my 2 week old x800 pro i cant wait to see eye candy finally!i have been waiting so long for a new gcard around 2 years ::::18::

Im not sure why you would get a x800 pro, when the 6800 gt is far better in tests, and the x800xl is out and is cheaper and faster than a x800 pro.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

I own the x850xt and man is this card a power house for EQ2 .I try post screenies of it sometime.

Though i have to agree the best card for performance/money is now the x800xl.It is very close to x800xt and better then the x800pro.

I have to say whenever i beginning to think nvidia is getting the upper hand in Gcard ,ATI seems to fire ahead.

I think i never doubt ATI again image

Originally posted by DerfelCadarn
    I have a p4 2.8, 1 gig pc3200 ram, 80 gig sata hd, and then my 2 week old x800 pro i cant wait to see eye candy finally!i have been waiting so long for a new gcard around 2 years ::::18::

Im not sure why you would get a x800 pro, when the 6800 gt is far better in tests, and the x800xl is out and is cheaper and faster than a x800 pro.

Why? why? cause i like Ati. and far better is a couple frames per second oooooooooooo. and the x800xl AGP is the same price i payed, pci-e is the cheaper but alas i dont have pci-e.

but thanks for trying to rain on my parade. ::::28::

and i just read some benchmarks, the x800rpo and 6800 gt were getting same fps in farcry and such so ya. ::::29::

• DerfelCadarnDerfelCadarn Member Posts: 875

Originally posted by DerfelCadarn

Why? why? cause i like Ati. and far better is a couple frames per second oooooooooooo. and the x800xl AGP is the same price i payed, pci-e is the cheaper but alas i dont have pci-e.

but thanks for trying to rain on my parade. ::::28::

First of all, the X800 XL(16 pipelines) is faster than the x800 pro(12 pipelines)- if there the same price, which logicaly would you get? Hell, the x800 xl was made to compete with the 6800 gt because the x800 pro was losing its ass. Lets remember, the x800pro is cripled x800 xt, the 6800 GT is only a underclocked 6800 ultra. Second, check on any chart you will find that the 6800 gt is faster in most games(16 pipelines opposed to 12 pipeless) or pick up a pc gamer("the fastest x800 pro was no match for a stock 6800 GT"). WoW, frycry, really big.

• BiteyBitey Member Posts: 356

I mean, who doesnt like to pay just as much as nvidia to get ATI's super cool crappy driver!?