Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do not DL this game....

2»

Comments

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Originally posted by erandur

The virus was most likely in your browser. Some viruses have the bad habit of infecting legitimate .exe's, much like normal (biological) virusus do. So it wasn't a false positive, but it wasn't RoM's fault. And in case you're wondering, you can even get viruses from ads these days, so no matter what you do, there's always a chance to get them.

I know you're just trying to help, but you're wrong. When you get the same exact error/alert from the same exact exe 2-3 times, it's the exe's fault.

I have very good internet habits. I scan regularly. I never have any problems with viruses or anything like that. That's why I knew this was the problem, because this was the only thing going on. The simple fact that it's happened on 3 seperate occasions is proof enough to me that it was the downloader.

Hell, I even tell you that other people are confirming that the downloader gives off viruses and such, and you're still gonna tell me it was probably in my broswer? Come on fool, get real. It was the downloader. I used the direct download files and it worked great. Every single time I used the downloader I got virus/trojan warnings (except for the one time where I disabled my anti-virus, then it just straight up got infected.)

Once again. If you're going to download this, use the direct downloads. Don't use the downloader. The game is pretty soft anyway but I'll leave that for another topic :p.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Played this game for like a year myself with no problems whatsoever.

Steam: Neph

• DragrederDragreder Member Posts: 1

I can agree that the direct download works. My computer is 5 years old and not as strong as everyones, and is prone to virus's, but yet nothing. I can't say anything about the p2p download, I never use them. In my opinion always stick to direct no matter the game. It may take hours to get it but in the end if you like the game its worth it.

• bakon2bakon2 Member UncommonPosts: 129

HA!!! funniest thing I have ever seen on these boards  :)

• Justley3Justley3 Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by bakon2

HA!!! funniest thing I have ever seen on these boards  :)

Agreed. OP is funny at how he reacts to a false virus alert, when there is indeed NO VIRUS, unless you already had one.

Gamer-4-Life

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I don't know if it's coincidence or not but my brother's wow account got hacked almost immediately after installing rom.